PDA

View Full Version : FS: Like New Sennheiser HD650's Headphones

[AK]Zip
12-07-05, 12:39 PM
I have had these for a while, but don't use them very often as I prefer my SA5000's for the music I listen to. The overall condition of these is like new with NO paint peeling or anything. They come with their original box and 1/4 to mini adapter. I am looking to get Sold! shipped for them via FedEx with insurance and tracking anywhere in the US. I will ship outside of the US for an additional cost. I accept Paypal, Money Order, or cash (local pickup). Please feel free to PM me, but AIM / email is a faster way of reaching me since its refreshes every 15 minutes.

Thanks,
Alex

DiscipleDOC
12-07-05, 12:42 PM
How much for the hands? Are you willing to sell the hands in the top pics? I need an extra pair!(mikec)

jAkUp
12-07-05, 12:44 PM
I think I know what you need them for :condom:

[AK]Zip
12-07-05, 12:46 PM
How much for the hands? Are you willing to sell the hands in the top pics? I need an extra pair!(mikec)

I will not part the hands from the headphones. If you want the hands buy the headphones.

-Alex-

KickAssCop
12-07-05, 01:24 PM
Wow. 285 for headphones. Damn!

nVidi0t
12-07-05, 03:14 PM
They arent just headphones, they are a stage for the music you like to be played on. I'm not kidding when I say they change the listening experience.

It's a good price. I might be interested in these as my second pair.

Roliath
12-07-05, 03:42 PM
bump for a fellow DFW'er

jAkUp
12-07-05, 03:53 PM
Just curious... how do these compare to the HD555's or HD595's for gaming?

nVidi0t
12-07-05, 05:09 PM
Jakp, I'll send you a PM.

[AK]Zip
12-07-05, 06:16 PM
Just curious... how do these compare to the HD555's or HD595's for gaming?

They have a much better sound stage compared to the 595's and 555's. Bass is also tighter and more precise. That will help a lot in gas as far as footsteps go and the BOOM from explosions.

All in all even though I prefer my SA5000's to these in music, the SA5000's suck in games. I use these while gaming and I am selling them because these are being replaced by a pair of L3000's. If you don't know what those are run because they cost more then most people's computers....

I am getting a lot of interest in these from different forums. I am guessing they are going to sell very soon.

(xmassign)
-Alex-

Elderblaze
12-07-05, 10:48 PM
650's are in a whole separate league from 555's. They don't even compare. Don't even think about runing them without at least a Go Vibe

[AK]Zip
12-07-05, 11:06 PM
These are now SOLD!

nVidi0t
12-08-05, 11:31 PM
Zip']They have a much better sound stage compared to the 595's and 555's. Bass is also tighter and more precise. That will help a lot in gas as far as footsteps go and the BOOM from explosions.

All in all even though I prefer my SA5000's to these in music, the SA5000's suck in games. I use these while gaming and I am selling them because these are being replaced by a pair of L3000's. If you don't know what those are run because they cost more then most people's computers....

I am getting a lot of interest in these from different forums. I am guessing they are going to sell very soon.

(xmassign)
-Alex-

For gaming they aren't a wise investment with 300Ohm impedance.

[AK]Zip
12-08-05, 11:37 PM
For gaming they aren't a wise investment with 300Ohm impedance.

The Audigy 2 ZS runs them just fine without an sort of amp. An amp would help, but mainly in music. All in all the Audigy sucks for music.

-Alex-

nVidi0t
12-08-05, 11:42 PM
Oh yeah, if I try use my 650's with my x-fi it's like they have been castrated.

j0j081
12-09-05, 05:58 AM
If those sold for 285 is doesn't seem that great of a deal. According to what I've read at the head-fi forums the hd650s sound worse than the hd600s (older version) and the hd600s can be bought new at that price.

[AK]Zip
12-09-05, 10:17 AM
If those sold for 285 is doesn't seem that great of a deal. According to what I've read at the head-fi forums the hd650s sound worse than the hd600s (older version) and the hd600s can be bought new at that price.

You should read head-fi a little more. Hell there is a poll up right now and the 650 is winning by far. To give you an idea. The HD580's are the same headphone as the HD600's. Same driver, cable, and everything. Only difference is you get a box and $12 outer covers which may or may not change anything. Those cost a lot less then the 600's. The 650's have different drivers and a different cable compared to the HD650's. Please either take more time researching or buy both and give it a try. I have owned probably way too many headphones in my time and I will honestly say that I prefer the sound of the HD650's over the HD600/HD580's. Is it worth the price difference? It depends on your audio setup. (Amp/Source) All in all I got tired of the sound of the HD650's as far as audio goes because it more of a warm laid back headphone compared to all others I have tried so that doesn't exactly keep me entertained. Other love the HD650's and wouldn't trade them for anything. On that forums you need to take everything with a grain of salt because one might like something and you might not even if it has great reviews.

-Alex-

nVidi0t
12-09-05, 11:37 AM
The 650's sound fantastic, you only have to listen to them to conclude that any bashing is just void. It depends on the medium of audio you will be listening to, and most importantly the power you have behind the driver. 285 isnt bad at all considering the condition they are in, and that they are run in. Many people are turned off headphones the second they listen to them. You have to let them run in properly which means at LEAST a week of frequent use. Also, sorry to say it but a lot of ears just arent educated. My girlfriend and another friend of mine couldn't tell the difference between the sound of my 650's to my old ipod standard buds. I want to smack them over the head, but they truly cannot tell the difference.

j0j081
12-09-05, 01:55 PM
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=151257

phide
12-09-05, 02:10 PM
To sort of answer Jakup's question, I would say Grados are probably some of the finest headphones available for gaming so long as your listening environment is relatively quiet.

Elderblaze
12-10-05, 10:12 PM
Grado's? for gaming, your on crack dude, Grado's have like no soundstage.. none. Somthing that is definatly wanted for gaming phones.

nVidi0t
12-10-05, 10:14 PM
Grados are too uncomfortable for long gaming sessions imho.