PDA

View Full Version : Sims2 +both expansions, game won't load

nekrosoft13
12-07-05, 12:40 PM
anyone know how to fix sims2?
when i try to start mine, i see the logo, like the game supposed to load, and then nothing, i go into the directory where the game is installed and see an error log.

i can't post it right now, but i will once i get home

did anyone have or had a simular issue?

nekrosoft13
12-07-05, 09:52 PM
ok, here is the error log

any ideas?

Q
12-07-05, 09:55 PM
I searched the error code on Google and came accross a lot of people who are running images instead of the CD. Are you running a legit copy?

nekrosoft13
12-08-05, 07:16 AM
no, its not a copy, its legit version

i do have alcohol 120% (pure, with no virtual drive) and daemon tools 4.0 installed. but thats shouldn't be the issue. because the game did work last week, and nothing really changed

crainger
12-09-05, 12:30 AM
Have you installed and non Maxis content?? With The Sims, I find if it works one day and not the next its usually due to a bad download.

If not then you could try an uninstall. Make sure you backup the folder in your My Documents folder. Once the game is reinstalled you can safely overwrite the new folder in My Documents with your backup. This will ensure not progress in lost in any of your neighbourhoods.

There is also a patch for Nightlife. If you haven't installed that then you should try it. However backup the previously mentioned folder as some users have lost their entire neighbourhood installing this patch.

nekrosoft13
12-09-05, 07:16 AM
ok, i will try uninstalling
only bonus content i got was that christmas pack.

my GF keeps complaining, she wants to play the damn game.

btw, i have all the patches.

crainger
12-09-05, 08:06 AM
LOL @ gf. I have exactly the same problem here. Well had. My gf finally has a PC of her own that can run Sims 2.

I have the Christmas pack too, and mine runs fine. So I'm guessing your game must have corrupted itself. Good Luck with the uninstall.

nekrosoft13
12-09-05, 05:12 PM
well

i uninstalled the game, installed the main game again (with no expansions) and still the same, keeps giving me the same error message

crainger
12-10-05, 12:04 AM
Did you restore your backup?? If so perhaps your user data is corrupt. If you didn't, might be a hardware (most likely RAM) or a software configuration issue. Such as a newly installed codec or driver.

john19055
12-10-05, 03:01 AM
are you installing it on windowsXP.