PDA

View Full Version : Elder Scrolls 3 problem. Morrowind

jake_maveric_05
12-07-05, 04:34 PM
I hate this. I thought it might have been a system requierment error but its doing it again. When i play elderscrolls MORROWIND it will pop up a MICROSOFT ERROR box(The one with a send error or dont send). It happens about every 25-45 minutes i play. I dont know why. Does anyone know how to fix it? I havent installed the Tribunal or Bloodmoon EXPAKs. I have the newest patch installed for it. It just does this and i dont know why. Does anyone know why? And can someone tell me how to fix it? Also i have the Coastal Sound plug in on it. Is that the problem?

By the way! (xmassign) (cheers) (santa2) (nana2)

CaptNKILL
12-07-05, 05:20 PM
Try disabling all of the plugins you are using and then try to play it normally. If it still errors then you should probably back up your saved game files and reinstall the game. The game is pretty stable for me now, I just installed Bloodmoon and have been screwing around with that for a few days. One thing is for sure, with the right combination of plugins, this game looks AMAZING, even today. With a high end CPU it runs fantastic too. And the Morrowind FPS Optimizer allows you to crank the draw distance out to like half a mile and it still runs great on my system.

The high resolution texture packs are drool worthy as well :drooling:

jake_maveric_05
12-08-05, 03:01 PM
Try disabling all of the plugins you are using and then try to play it normally. If it still errors then you should probably back up your saved game files and reinstall the game. The game is pretty stable for me now, I just installed Bloodmoon and have been screwing around with that for a few days. One thing is for sure, with the right combination of plugins, this game looks AMAZING, even today. With a high end CPU it runs fantastic too. And the Morrowind FPS Optimizer allows you to crank the draw distance out to like half a mile and it still runs great on my system.

The high resolution texture packs are drool worthy as well :drooling:

Where did you find those paks at? all i could find is the newest patch. Where is the Morrowind FPS Optimizer at?

Ancient
12-08-05, 05:05 PM
Where did you find those paks at? all i could find is the newest patch. Where is the Morrowind FPS Optimizer at?
Google for the Morrowind Visual Pack XT. Makes the game look way tastier.

I haven't used the FPS optimizer. With a 6800GT I haven't noticed a need for it.

CaptNKILL
12-08-05, 05:29 PM
I haven't used the FPS optimizer. With a 6800GT I haven't noticed a need for it.
It does more than increase FPS, it takes advantage of your high FPS by increasing the draw distance well beyond the games normal limit. And it does it automatically based on your frame rate. If you want higher FPS during fights, it brings the draw distance down a little so you get that framerate. When the battle is done, itl push the draw distance out as far as it can (you can set the maximum though, if its too high you'll see to the edge of the current cell :p) while keeping it at the frame rate you choose.

Its an amazing program :)

BTW, this game is all CPU. You can increase resolution with better video cards, but once you put a high end Athlon 64 behind it, you can crank the draw distance to 2-3 times the normal max and still get good frame rates, even in cities.

Check out these screens I took a while ago on my current system, the frame rates are at the bottom right. I cant remember the exact settings I used, but Im pretty sure it was 1600x1200 with 16xAF and 4xAA with the draw distance as high as itd go (automatically) while staying in the 20-25fps range. Im also running a bunch of mods, like better bodies, better heads, all the texture packs, the bank mod (notice the extra building).

Ancient
12-08-05, 08:38 PM
It does more than increase FPS, it takes advantage of your high FPS by increasing the draw distance well beyond the games normal limit. And it does it automatically based on your frame rate. If you want higher FPS during fights, it brings the draw distance down a little so you get that framerate. When the battle is done, itl push the draw distance out as far as it can (you can set the maximum though, if its too high you'll see to the edge of the current cell :p) while keeping it at the frame rate you choose.

BTW, this game is all CPU. You can increase resolution with better video cards, but once you put a high end Athlon 64 behind it, you can crank the draw distance to 2-3 times the normal max and still get good frame rates, even in cities.

Check out these screens I took a while ago on my current system, the frame rates are at the bottom right. I cant remember the exact settings I used, but Im pretty sure it was 1600x1200 with 16xAF and 4xAA with the draw distance as high as itd go (automatically) while staying in the 20-25fps range. Im also running a bunch of mods, like better bodies, better heads, all the texture packs, the bank mod (notice the extra building).
Nice screenies of Balmora. I'll have to check out FPS Optimizer. Thanks for the info.

jake_maveric_05
12-09-05, 03:28 PM

Wow nice pics. Where do i find the FPS optimizer? What should i set it up on for my system?

CaptNKILL
12-09-05, 03:56 PM
I cant really recommend any settings because it changes a lot from system to system and its all personal preference, but heres a site where you can get it:
http://morrowind.nm.ru/tweaker/download.html

I've really been getting into Morrowind again lately, especially with the Bloodmoon expansion. If Bloodmoon is any hint at what Oblivion is going to be like (LOTS of unique characters with their own speech and voices... finally!) then its going to be amazing.

I might take some more screens later, I saw some amazing scenes while exploring. Solthsiem (sp?) really looks amazing with the texture packs and a very high draw distance but the forests kill the frame rate. Awesome stuff.