PDA

View Full Version : MAJOR PROBLEM with 256mb 7800 gtx

Pages : [1] 2

Aluminum
12-08-05, 03:53 PM
When I open up Call Of Duty 2: Multiplayer my comp shuts down and goes to a blue screen. This also happens when I open up de_nuke in counterstrike source

It's not a powersupply issue becaue I know I have enough power

and for some reason FEAR, Half Life 2, and Call of Duty 2: Single PLayer works fine

jAkUp
12-08-05, 05:30 PM
How about Fear MP? Do you have the latest Intel .inf drivers installed?

Aluminum
12-08-05, 05:59 PM
How about Fear MP? Do you have the latest Intel .inf drivers installed?

FEAR MP works

I don't remember going ouof my way to DL Intel .inf drivers though

but I did DL the latest nvidia driver for the gtx

jAkUp
12-08-05, 06:56 PM
Wait what motherboard do you have? Intel or nforce4?

Aluminum
12-08-05, 06:57 PM
Wait what motherboard do you have? Intel or nforce4?

intel

jAkUp
12-08-05, 07:13 PM
Yea, make sure you DL the latest .inf drivers for your 945/955 mobo.

Aluminum
12-08-05, 07:56 PM
Yea, make sure you DL the latest .inf drivers for your 945/955 mobo.

where do I do this?

and what is 945/955 mobo?

Dasneak
12-09-05, 12:31 AM
Drivers maybe.

jAkUp
12-09-05, 01:31 AM
where do I do this?

and what is 945/955 mobo?

What is the model number of your motherboard? Since you have an intel chipset, you probably have an Intel 945/955 based chipset. Unless, you have an nforce4.

grimreefer
12-09-05, 07:29 AM
i got a similiar set up. for games that use both cores, make sure ur temps dont exceed 100c under load......yea then ur cooler isnt properly set up. lol, that happened to me

Aluminum
12-09-05, 11:19 AM
i got a similiar set up. for games that use both cores, make sure ur temps dont exceed 100c under load......yea then ur cooler isnt properly set up. lol, that happened to me

it's the graphics card, I just need to know how to fix this ****

Peoples-Agent
12-09-05, 12:11 PM
Not meaning to sound disrespectful, How can you be certain if its the graphics card if you don't even know what chipset your motherboard has?
That is a common symptom with motherboard driver issues dude, check the motherboard manual, find out what chipset is in there exactly and obtain the newest Intel/nForce mobo drivers.

jAkUp
12-09-05, 12:43 PM
Yes its definetely not the graphics card. Its probably mobo drivers.

Aluminum
12-09-05, 04:16 PM
how do I find out the info of my motherboard?

let me just add this also, Best Buy just ran a diagnostics on my comp and they said the prob was with the gfx card

[EOCF] Tim
12-09-05, 04:39 PM

let me just add this also, Best Buy just ran a diagnostics on my comp and they said the prob was with the gfx card

......check the mobo maybe? (xmasgrin)

And.....Bestbuy? ehrm? (xmasmile)

Aluminum
12-10-05, 12:42 PM
sorry I'm a newb with this kind of stuff

how do I find out what kind of motherboard(mobo) I have and where do I DL lthe latest drivers for it?

Joe Public
12-10-05, 01:25 PM

You could download and install CPUZ (http://www.cpuid.com/download/cpu-z-131.zip), it'll tell you stuff about your rig. ;)

Aluminum
12-10-05, 01:51 PM
update: Well I whenever I load up a map in CS:Source comp shuts down and
goes to blue screen

so COD:2 MP and CS: Source shut down and goto blue screen

HL2 works, FEAR works(and MP), COD2: SP worls

seems like the 2 MP only titles are doing this

sniggle
12-10-05, 02:50 PM
could be a faulty NIC (network card). if your motherboard has two onboard, you could try the other one.

Aluminum
12-10-05, 03:04 PM
could be a faulty NIC (network card). if your motherboard has two onboard, you could try the other one.

I don't know if it's a netwrk card porblem becaue I can play MP in FEAR

but the comp shuts down when I opne a MP only game like CS:source and COD:2 MP

Aluminum
12-10-05, 03:05 PM
You could download and install CPUZ (http://www.cpuid.com/download/cpu-z-131.zip), it'll tell you stuff about your rig. ;)

well the motherboard is Intel and the model # is D945GBI

should I DL the lastest drivers for it or something?

Aluminum
12-10-05, 06:42 PM
this is what it says when it shuts down and goes into a blue screen

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacture for any windows updates you might needs.

If problem continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode or disable compartments, restart you computer. Press F8 to select advance startup options and ten select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00162AA4, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF77187F3)

*** sfng32. Sys address F77187F3 Base at F771000, Datestamp 42490008

Beginnning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

crainger
12-10-05, 11:04 PM
sfng32.sys eh?? Sounds like the drivers for your sound card. Are you using onboard sound?? I'd try uninstalling its drivers and disabling it in the bios and then try the games. If they stop crashing seek out a newer sound driver.

I googled sfng32.sys and I found two forums where users are having exactly the same error, however no one has come up with a solution yet.
Here are the links

http://forums.wugnet.com/DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL-Multiplayer-ftopict445361.html

and

http://forum.telecharger.com/microhebdo/logiciels/jeux/ecran_bleu_sur_counter_strike_v_16-318734/messages-1.html

Good Luck

Aluminum
12-11-05, 11:04 AM
sfng32.sys eh?? Sounds like the drivers for your sound card. Are you using onboard sound?? I'd try uninstalling its drivers and disabling it in the bios and then try the games. If they stop crashing seek out a newer sound driver.

I googled sfng32.sys and I found two forums where users are having exactly the same error, however no one has come up with a solution yet.
Here are the links

http://forums.wugnet.com/DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL-Multiplayer-ftopict445361.html

and

http://forum.telecharger.com/microhebdo/logiciels/jeux/ecran_bleu_sur_counter_strike_v_16-318734/messages-1.html

Good Luck

wow, that's EXACTLY what's happening to me

so you think it's the sound card and it's an intergrated sound card(came with the comp)?

Aluminum
12-11-05, 01:59 PM
MAJOR UPDATE

I uninstalled my sound card ,SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC, and I was able to play COD2:MP even though I got some error each time after playing for 10min and the game closes out
It says: cod2mp_s.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

WHen I tryed CS:Source it wouldn't even open and gave me an error

when I reinstalled the sound card everything went back to the way it was, MP games went to blue screen and comp shut down