PDA

View Full Version : On The Possibility Of Rune 2?

Nv40
12-08-05, 11:30 PM
http://www.runegame.com/vbf/showthread.php?p=319745#post319745

karkrash81
12-09-05, 08:27 AM
I never played the first one, though it looked interesting...wonder if it's still available for purchase somewhere.

Zelda_fan
12-09-05, 09:00 AM
I would love a Rune 2

jnd3
12-09-05, 09:20 AM
I never played the first one, though it looked interesting...wonder if it's still available for purchase somewhere.
Definitely on eBay. Maybe at Fry's (it's a hike down to Indy from Kokomo, I know), or even at a Wal-Mart or Target. Certainly for less than $10. I almost installed it again after reading the rumor of Rune 2. It was one of the most satisfying gaming experiences I've had, from gameplay to story line. And that kill that pushed Ragnar over into the beserker rage ... ahhhhh.

karkrash81
12-09-05, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by jnd3

Definitely on eBay. Maybe at Fry's (it's a hike down to Indy from Kokomo, I know), or even at a Wal-Mart or Target. Certainly for less than $10. I almost installed it again after reading the rumor of Rune 2. It was one of the most satisfying gaming experiences I've had, from gameplay to story line. And that kill that pushed Ragnar over into the beserker rage ... ahhhhh.

Actually it's only a little more than an hour to get to Fry's. I go there about once a month! I love that store!

My bro actually found a copy of elite force there...it's surprising what you can find in the discount software section.

evilghost
12-09-05, 09:44 AM
Rune was OUTSTANDING. I'd love a Rune 2.

nVidi0t
12-09-05, 11:45 AM
Rune was great, just too many damn crabs in the beginning!

Rune rocked for MP aswell.

[AK]Zip
12-09-05, 12:18 PM
I loved playing Rune Co-op with my friends. It was a bunch of fun and I hope if Rune 2 comes out it will have Co-op as well.

Gentle
12-09-05, 01:56 PM
I never got my store bought copy to run. Some strange installation error.

I got it at discount though. No major loss.

Anyone know how to get it to run on Windows 2000 Professional?

Gentle

Seoulstriker
12-10-05, 12:06 PM
Rune rocked.

Smokey
12-10-05, 01:21 PM
I never got my store bought copy to run. Some strange installation error.

I got it at discount though. No major loss.

Anyone know how to get it to run on Windows 2000 Professional?

Gentle

I had that installation error when the game came out. There was a problem with fast cd/dvd drives due to the cd protection. The only way I was able to install it was to find an old/slow cd rom drive.

I played Rune MP for a good 2 years, and if they do make a second, and keep it as high quality as the first, I would play it for another 2 years (xmastong)

The modders that made Rune coop did a great job, and hope they would work on Rune 2 if made.

Nv40
12-10-05, 03:08 PM
perhaps its me.. heh ..since i really enjoy melee combat games ,but the original game single player was much more fun than playing Doom3 and Hl2 together. :) . Its a master piece .. and it push Unreal1 engine to its limits. unfortunately it got poor marketing and neither got outstanding reviews . The MP kick Ass!!! on LAn parties. I really think this is a perfect candidate for one of the most underestimated games of all times. My friend bough the game for $10 on the bargain area just a few months after being released.. i got the GOld edition later for $20 after the positive feedback of others.