PDA

View Full Version : We eat hardware

PaiN
12-09-05, 06:57 PM
nope...no point to this thread. I was just sending some Heat on the deals I've recently made....I started looking at the past heats and it hit me as to just how much hardware we(you know who ;) ) go through. I could not begin to remember all the stuff my PC(s) ate this year alone :| . While I was on this kick, I said; wth and checked newegg(and its not the only place I've bought parts) I have 25 pages of invoices!! Holy crap
And now I wait on yet another delivery....for the final build of "05".
This one is a little different ....a down-grade. I felt like I had to get rid of the "bloat" to get some parts I really wanted.

jAkUp
12-09-05, 07:04 PM
So what are you getting this time? I'm thinking about getting myself a Swiftech Water cooling/Lian Li/DFI Expert/1KW PSU upgrade.

PaiN
12-09-05, 07:25 PM
So what are you getting this time? I'm thinking about getting myself a Swiftech/Lian Li/DFI Expert/1KW PSU upgrade.

I can't keep upgrading....I was getting nuts and very close to dropping thousands more $$$ on something crazy. Funny thing is, I liked the shooters and tried about everything else, but all I keep coming back to is WoW. I pulled it togther, stopped buying software and leaned the system. I put a down-graded, more sensable setup together that will be awesome for WoW, nicely tweaked and run anything that might intrest me down the road. The buck is stopping on this one for a long while
Here's the final:
A64 X2 3800+ @ 250x10 / Zalman CNPS9500
2gb(2x1gb) CorsairXMS PC4000 1:1
Epox 9NPA-Ultra nf4U
XFX 7800GT 450/1050 (factory OC)
SB Audigy2 ZS
Maxtor Diamondmax10 16mb 200gb SATA HD
NEC 2500a DVD-RW
Antec SuperLAN Boy
AeroCool Turbine 550w PSU
Saitek Eclipse kb \ Logi G5 mouse
Logi Z-5300e 5.1 speakers
Dell 2005FPW LCD monitor
WinXP Pro.

jAkUp....get those parts :smoking: If you're going all the way, why have anything less than totally killer??

jAkUp
12-09-05, 07:43 PM
Nice :D Yea, I probably am gonna do it :D Gonna wait a few weeks after X-Mas though I think.

ricercar
12-09-05, 09:58 PM
I spent somewhere around $5,000 on tax-deductable computer parts in 2003. I was too afraid to add it up in 2004, because it wasn't tax deductable/applicable for work.