PDA

View Full Version : A commercial for Fear??!!

Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
12-10-05, 02:29 AM
WTF??! I was just watching Comedy Central and saw a commercial for Fear! Holy crap that was awesome :D PC games never get commercials (cheers)

AthlonXP1800
12-10-05, 02:53 AM
Yes same things here in UK on Sky One been showed PC games commercial for years, it still show until today. I remember watched the very first PC game MOHAA commercial when Star Trek: Enterprise episode started, during advert breaks and after end of credits. :)

Mr. Hunt
12-10-05, 10:34 AM
You must not watch much TV :\... I see that commercial basically every 30 minutes :\.

nrs421
12-10-05, 10:47 AM
i havent seen that one yet but i have noticed that games for PCs are getting commercials....the first one i saw was for AOE3 and i was shocked....

OWA
12-10-05, 11:10 AM
They show it on the sci-fi channel a lot. The first time I saw it, I wasn't watching the TV but was listening to it. The commercial came on and I thought it sounded like a pretty good movie so I went into the room to see what it was. I was pretty surprised to see it was FEAR. They did a really good job with the commercial. I hope they start doing that a lot more.

jAkUp
12-10-05, 11:55 AM
Yea, I see commercials for console games like ever 10 seconds :D This is the first time I have seen on for a PC game.

Sazar
12-10-05, 02:25 PM
I agree, I don't remember the last time I saw a PC only game commercial.

But I have been seeing the F.E.A.R. commercial pretty regularly over the past month or so.

nV`andrew
12-10-05, 02:32 PM
I've seen that one and another on a different pc game, oh it was the expansion pack for Zoo Tycoon (xmasgrin)

(xmassign)

RAY16
12-10-05, 04:45 PM
I've seen a commercial for The Movies a few times, shocked me a little. That was te first time I've ever seen a PC game commercial on TV.

a12ctic
12-10-05, 05:00 PM
i saw a LOT of halo 2 commercials, and ive seen some aoe3 commercials

Parts
12-10-05, 05:27 PM
Well if you count the little "PC CDROM" icon they show at the end of commercials when they list the platforms, then ive seen a lot of PC game commercials!.... even if they are mostly bad ports.

CaptNKILL
12-11-05, 02:24 PM
Yeah Ive seen it, I couldnt believe it when I actually heard "for PC Only" on a comercial... I didnt think PC Gamers watched TV :o

Nitz Walsh
12-11-05, 06:14 PM
i saw a LOT of halo 2 commercials,
Yeah, I've seen some McDonalds ads to! :) Seriously, what's your point? Of course you saw a lot of Halo2 ads, it's a console game and one of the most heavily promoted games ever.

The point is a game that's still PC-exclusive is very surprising. My jaw dropped when it came on screen, can't recall the last PC TV game ad I've ever seen.

agentkay
12-11-05, 06:20 PM
X3, GT Legends, Act of War, HL2 and even a pos game like B.O.S. had a TV commercial.

Edge
12-11-05, 06:44 PM
That FEAR commercial seems to play pretty often on cable TV channels. Even my friend who watches those cheesy late night sci-fi channel shows says that they've seen it a few times.

But it's far from the first PC game I've seen advertised, I remember seeing quite a few Diablo 2 commercials back when it was released even over the airwaves.

Tygerwoody
12-11-05, 07:21 PM
You must not watch much TV :\... I see that commercial basically every 30 minutes :\.

anticitizenzero
12-11-05, 09:28 PM
Does anyone know if there have been sales figures posted for F.E.A.R. I saw the top 5 list of PCGAMES selling lately with COD2 on top, but no mention of F.E.A.R

jAkUp
12-11-05, 10:48 PM
Fear seems to have been selling slightly better than quake4... Its always in the top 10

Rakeesh
12-11-05, 11:28 PM
I never see commercials :D I'm sitting on the opposite side of the DVR divide as the rest of you apparently :D

Mr. Hunt
12-11-05, 11:30 PM
I never see commercials :D I'm sitting on the opposite side of the DVR divide as the rest of you apparently :D

I have a DVR also... doesn't mean I never watch live TV :\.

chowells
12-12-05, 12:36 AM
Call of Duty 2 ads are being shown quite a bit in the UK.

rewt
12-12-05, 03:54 AM

Then you watch entirely too much TV :p

Seen the commercial and liked it. But still haven't played the full game yet :-\ Playing through CoD2 and NFS:MW atm.

Pennyboy
12-12-05, 10:01 PM

Hmm funny when I was living in Texas the only ads I remember seeing were the Brian Long Car "the Strong Arm" Ads hahaha then I would be paranoid for days about not crashing my car into someone for the F.E.A.R of getting my ar*e sued!! :)

Mr. Hunt
12-12-05, 11:16 PM
Hmm funny when I was living in Texas the only ads I remember seeing were the Brian Long Car "the Strong Arm" Ads hahaha then I would be paranoid for days about not crashing my car into someone for the F.E.A.R of getting my ar*e sued!! :)

OMG BRIAN LONCAR IS AWESOME! Actually he isn't... I hate him.. Jim Adler will HAMMER AND HAMMER TO GET YOU ALL THE MONEY YOU DESERVE!... guess it is funnier when you hear it ;).

ClosetFanBoy
12-13-05, 12:13 AM
must....lay...."gun".....commercial.....to......rest.......