PDA

View Full Version : Wheres the RAID O drivers for the A8N32 MB?

N.H.B
12-10-05, 11:42 AM
Can someone tell me where the RAID 0 drivers are for this board using the nf4 sata chipset while running xinxp pro 64 bit edition? I thought it was here http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp64_x16_6.82 but this file is 32.1 mb so Im unsure what to extarct/copy/move to a floppy disc thats only 1.44mb.

Thanks guys.

saturnotaku
12-10-05, 12:41 PM
Download those drivers, then when you're finished use WinZIP, WinRAR or similar program to extract all .exe to a folder. Then navigate to the nForce4_x16_6.82_winxp64_english\IDE\WinXP folder and there will be directories for RAID and standard IDE. Copy the contents to a floppy and you'll be good to go.

SuperBORG
12-10-05, 02:26 PM
Jesus christ. Load that ASUS CD that came with the board, it will create a RAID floppy for you.

N.H.B
12-10-05, 02:32 PM
Jesus christ. Load that ASUS CD that came with the board, it will create a RAID floppy for you.

Sorry Im confused load the ASUS cd when? I have two choices F10 for RAID setup and F4 for Sil. Img RAID setup, sorry how is a cd going to created a floppy for me to load the RAID 0 drivers I'll need during windows installation?

UberRN69
12-10-05, 02:55 PM
Usually motherboards come with a floppy, but if not, you HAVE to find a nother computer to create the floppy on. As already mentioned go to the IDE\WinXP folder and copy ALL Raid files to the floppy.

Some motherboards give very detailed instructions on how to set up RAID, which is great if you havn't done it before, others hardly mention a thing.

retsam
12-10-05, 05:04 PM
Jesus christ. Load that ASUS CD that came with the board, it will create a RAID floppy for you.the guy is asking for help, no need to be an @ss hole... all questions are answered here.

Muppet
12-12-05, 03:53 AM
On the CD that came with the motherboard it has an option to create the raid drivers for 32bit and 64bit.It even gives you the option to create them before installing Windows, just boot with the CD like you would the Windows CD

Syns.Ed
12-15-05, 07:22 AM
Easiest way to create the disk is via the manufacturer cd supplied with the mainboard, if you dont have this then by all means use the above method that saturnotaku mentioned. you could also check manufacturers website for updated Raid driver's with Asus they do have an updated one but i had nothing but problems with it when installing x64 and returned to the ones supplied on my mobo cd.

Boot into windows, load mobo cd, select option to create raid driver disk.

Assuming you haven't setup the Raid 0 array, enter the setup by Pressing the respective key for the controller your using F10 / F4 at startup and configure the array as a striped set.

Make the array bootable, save + reboot and insert the xp64 cd, when loading, setup will ask you to press F6 to install 3rd party drivers, keep tapping F6 until it changes to Press F2 for automated system restore and you will eventually come to a screen asking you if you wanna install the drivers for the storage controller.

Press 'S' , then simply follow the onscreen prompts, On my Sli-Premium i have the option of loading both the nvidia drivers ( as i use the nvraid controller ) i load both so load any + all that apply and you should be fine.

If i have mentioned something you already know then i am sorry but thought a comprehensive answer would save any future confusion if anyone else reads this thread that is unsure about how to do it :)

Ed