PDA

View Full Version : FEAR no disk in drive?

maha_x
12-11-05, 07:26 AM
Did just a fresh install of XP and now FEAR says "no disk in drive".

VU's support forum had a big list BS as "possible cause"... Securom is likely the cause... Did have Daemon 4.0 but uninstalling it didn't work, and FEAR worked fine with it in the previous install of XP...

So I tried to reinstall FEAR and patch it but no go.

Guess I'll head to game copy world... Anyone else had this?

agentkay
12-11-05, 11:01 AM
I have the "canīt authorize disc" issue with v1.02, v1.0 worked without any problems. I think v1.02 uses a newer Securom version which is less forgiving but the game does start, but sometimes needs 10 attemps. I have tried the Securom fix and while it does start usually after 3 or 4 attemps, its definitly not working nicely like v1.0 did.

supra
12-13-05, 01:44 AM
I have the "canīt authorize disc" issue with v1.02, v1.0 worked without any problems. I think v1.02 uses a newer Securom version which is less forgiving but the game does start, but sometimes needs 10 attemps. I have tried the Securom fix and while it does start usually after 3 or 4 attemps, its definitly not working nicely like v1.0 did.

There is a 1.2 SecureRom fix

http://www.tweakguides.com/FEAR_3.html

;)

agentkay
12-13-05, 05:03 AM
Thank you supra, but thats actually the .exe that I have used. Iīm one of the few unlucky ones who still have Securom issues even with the fixed .exe. But I donīt care anymore, since I finished the game and uninstalled it. :)

Superfly
12-13-05, 05:04 AM
I just use a 1.02 no-dvd and it works a treat, no disk - no worries!!!!!

supra
12-13-05, 08:11 AM
Thank you supra, but thats actually the .exe that I have used. Iīm one of the few unlucky ones who still have Securom issues even with the fixed .exe. But I donīt care anymore, since I finished the game and uninstalled it. :)

yeah? thats a shame. the securerom fix worked great for me. :D

LurkerLito
12-13-05, 10:19 AM
Have you tried windows2000 compatibility mode? I had a similar issue with FEAR and it wouldn't work till I set it to run in that mode.

Right click on the shortcut -> properties -> compatibility tab.

maha_x
12-13-05, 11:32 AM
One more fresh install of FEAR, this time no 1.02 patch and it works again

vert305
12-14-05, 01:49 PM
Maha_X:

I had the same prob man.. i have had so many prob with the 1.02 patch. to fix the instert org. cd problem i used a .exe FIX from Game Copy World .com now i dont even use the cd at all to play ..just double click the icon... WORKS GREAT BETTER THEN USING A CD!

Now how do i fix all the lock ups and game glitchs.... Whatever ..still a bad ass game!