PDA

View Full Version : Just finished Gothic 2...

Arioch
12-11-05, 10:34 PM
I was originally going to pick this game up during the summer but wanted to wait for the gold edition to come out with the expansion pack included. After spending a lot of my free time the last couple weeks playing it I finally wrapped it up. The gameplay really appealed to me. While the world was smaller in size than Morrowind it felt more alive to me thanks to the NPCs work/sleep routines and world in general feeling more fleshed out. I have not anticipated coming home from work to play a game like this in some time. For well over 50 hours of gameplay at $20 it was money well spent.

Looks like I have two big RPGs to look forward to next year hopefully: ES:Oblivion and Gothic 3.

(xmassign)

TheManko
12-12-05, 04:29 AM
I have the German Gold edition which I bought about 1.5 years ago and it sure delivered a ton of entertainment. As soon as you get used to the controls you're just annoyed by all the comments on how the controls suck hard. I'm actually more exited over Gothic 3 than Oblivion, because the developers have proved twice now that they can deliver a much tighter game than Bethesda.
I'm still looking forward to Oblivion a lot, it's just that I think Gothic 3 will be better.

SlamDunk
12-12-05, 07:22 AM
Glad you liked it! I fell in love with the Gothic games in 2001.

Gothic 3 is the messiah of upcoming games for me (nana2)

KrAzYeTy
12-12-05, 04:14 PM
Glad you liked it! I fell in love with the Gothic games in 2001.

Gothic 3 is the messiah of upcoming games for me (nana2)

Mee too, I have been looking forward to the next installment for a long time.

For people like me that played the original Gothic 2, is it worth picking up the Gold version?

What are the differences?

Thanks.

SlamDunk
12-12-05, 04:36 PM
Gothic 2 Gold includes the Night Of The Raven add-on. Here's a quote from NOTR manual:

How the add-on is integrated into the game

The whole story in the add-on is part of the world of Gothic II. That means, everything is integrated into the original game and can be played parallel to the normal storyline. After the add-on has been installed you must start the game again from the beginning, where Xardas, the demon evocator, will tell you what you must do to enter the new world.

I've read several posts about how difficult NOTR enchanced Gothic 2 is. Sadly, I haven't been able to get a copy of NOTR yet.

J-Mag
12-12-05, 05:23 PM
Wasn't the expansion in German only though?

SlamDunk
12-12-05, 05:41 PM
The english version of NOTR was released earlier this year. Only about 2 years after the German version :)