PDA

View Full Version : Can I run it?

MikeC
12-12-05, 03:27 PM
NVIDIA now features "Can You Run It?" at their nZone web site, which is an on-line system analysis applet that determines if your system meets the minimum hardware requirments of leading-edge titles such as Age of Empires III, Battlefield 2: Special Forces, Call of Duty 2, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, City of Villains, F.E.A.R., Quake 4, Serious Sam II, and World of Warcraft.
In order to make sure that an aging computer system won’t be the "Grinch" that puts a damper on the holiday fun, visit www.nzone.com and take advantage of the "Can You Run It?" feature. From the PC that the game will be run on, simply visit the nZone game page, click on the game on your shopping list, and start the automated "Can You Run It?" system analyzer tool.

The "Can You Run It?" tool analyzes the PC’s capabilities and compares the results to the minimum hardware requirements as defined by the game developer. Users will be notified of a "Pass" or "Fail" and can review the detailed analysis if hardware upgrades or other updates are necessary. For many games, you can even download a demo to try the game before you buy it.

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_fear_home.html

nrs421
12-12-05, 03:35 PM
MS has a service that does something similar doesnt it?

Tygerwoody
12-12-05, 03:37 PM
MS has a service that does something similar doesnt it?
yea, but it sucks

sytaylor
12-12-05, 03:41 PM
Nifty... it isn't too impressed with my 6800GT though, only one bar above minimum :'(

jolle
12-12-05, 03:41 PM
At risk of sounding a bit negative, there might be a slight bias in the opinions and advice of this tool...
such as warning everyone with f.ex a X800 based GPU that they are "missing out" on "oh so much" with that lacking SM3.0 support.. hehe..
Good part is that the newbie might get a second opinion on that "Intel Extreme" thing the guy at the store was so excited about..

well I guess most of us here arent in the targeted audience for this type of tool..

rewt
12-12-05, 03:49 PM
Nifty... it isn't too impressed with my 6800GT though, only one bar above minimum :'(

My 6600GT maxes out the meter. Perhaps it has detected SLI although I don't see that it has..

http://img304.imageshack.us/img304/7268/canirunit6zq.png

nrs421
12-12-05, 03:55 PM

i tried it and it maxes out

Gaco
12-12-05, 04:17 PM
i tried it and it maxes out
Ya me too.. Shouldn't that be confined to 7800's? :confused:

I even get maxed out bar with the recommended to Call of Duty 2, which just doesn't fit at all :S

CaptNKILL
12-12-05, 04:59 PM
Heh, my system stomps those tests :D

Aphot
12-12-05, 06:12 PM
I only failed the CPU Speed test on recommended.

einstein_314
12-12-05, 07:32 PM
Uh, so for the operating system one, I only get 5 of the 6 bars. I have winXP pro with SP2. What is better? Oh, maybe XP Pro x64?

MustangSVT
12-12-05, 08:30 PM
FAIL: Sorry, your CPU does not meet this minimum requirement. It may be time to purchase a more powerful computer to make your life easier. Click the 'We Recommend' button to discover how you can.
It detects it as "AMD Athlon", it's an Athlon XP-M, doesn't see the XP part.

FAIL: Sorry, your computer does not have enough Free Disk Space to meet this minimum requirement. Maybe it's time to buy another hard drive. Click 'We Recommend' to get all the disk space you need.

Sorry, your computer cannot run this game because your system did not meet the Minimum Requirements. If you want to learn how you can fix that problem, please review the details section below. In some cases it may be a free download and you could be good to go.
Roflmao.

I ran the and beat the game (FEAR) at 1280x1024 noAA 8xAF with maximum detail and the in-game bench gave me 49fps average. That doesn't meet the minimum requirements? That's some funny stuff. I'm running a 6800gt btw.

a12ctic
12-12-05, 09:36 PM
brb im gona go check on my rly old comp....

a12ctic
12-12-05, 09:40 PM
it failed all but soundcard LOL ati 4mb card (duno witch one)

Sazar
12-12-05, 09:46 PM
I ran it for the heck of it lol.

jAkUp
12-12-05, 09:53 PM
I pwn3d those tests

Pennyboy
12-12-05, 09:57 PM
My work PC failed, apparently the Intel Extreme graphics isn't good enough to game with (xmasgrin)

Rytr
12-12-05, 10:08 PM
My 6200TC breezed thru with flying colors. (xmasgrin)

Bad_Boy
12-12-05, 10:15 PM
It detects it as "AMD Athlon", it's an Athlon XP-M, doesn't see the XP part.

Roflmao.

I ran the and beat the game (FEAR) at 1280x1024 noAA 8xAF with maximum detail and the in-game bench gave me 49fps average. That doesn't meet the minimum requirements? That's some funny stuff. I'm running a 6800gt btw.
your sig and your post made me lmao. (xmasgrin)

nutcrackr
12-12-05, 10:29 PM
I was expecting a nvidia orientated bias, yes I know :P

Anyway it said I passed everything and I'm above recommended with my x800pro, amd 3000+. However I'd like to say that after playing fear I shouldn't really be beyond recommended. Yeah I can run it ok with most details high but I consider recommended and above being able to run everything max with smooth frames.

rewt
12-13-05, 03:55 AM
I was expecting a nvidia orientated bias, yes I know :P

Yes I was also expecting it to say "You're computer sux0rz!" Instead every meter was max on recommended mode, which to me doesn't make a lot of sense. jAkUp should be the only one with a maxed out meter ! lol (xmasgrin)

j0j081
12-13-05, 08:32 AM
my 6800gt tore it up even in fear which it probably shouldn't have so something must be wrong w/urs.

KickAssCop
12-13-05, 10:50 AM
My work PC failed, apparently the Intel Extreme graphics isn't good enough to game with (xmasgrin)
Yes so did mine.

SH64
12-13-05, 11:01 AM
Looks pretty good! .. too bad i dont have internet connection on my SLI PC.