PDA

View Full Version : FS: XFX 7800GTX 512MB "XXX" Edition

Riptide
12-12-05, 09:15 PM
*EDIT*

Sold.

superklye
12-12-05, 09:40 PM
Out of curiosity, how come you're selling?

Riptide
12-12-05, 09:53 PM
Couple reasons.

First of all with the market the way it is (BFG goes for $999 right now on zzf) I stand to make a bit of a profit.

Secondly I'm not thrilled with the Nvidia driver. YMMV but I don't like being forced into using an older driver (78.03) with my 512, a driver that was never meant to run on this card. It's slower than the 81.xx and it also causes an annoying flicker problem on my system when viewing thumbnails for video clips or even clicking on a .mpg file in list mode.

superklye
12-12-05, 10:15 PM
Couple reasons.

First of all with the market the way it is (BFG goes for $999 right now on zzf) I stand to make a bit of a profit.

Secondly I'm not thrilled with the Nvidia driver. YMMV but I don't like being forced into using an older driver (78.03) with my 512, a driver that was never meant to run on this card. It's slower than the 81.xx and it also causes an annoying flicker problem on my system when viewing thumbnails for video clips or even clicking on a .mpg file in list mode.
Well that really sucks man. :( It's such a powerful card and all...what are you going to use instead? And what is YMMV?

Roliath
12-12-05, 10:17 PM
Well that really sucks man. :( It's such a powerful card and all...what are you going to use instead? And what is YMMV?
your mileage may vary.

good luck selling riptide!

superklye
12-12-05, 10:20 PM
your mileage may vary.

good luck selling riptide!
Ah! Okay, and yeah, good luck, Rip!

Riptide
12-12-05, 10:30 PM
I can get an X1800XT 512MB for "only" $515 shipped. So I'll just get one of those and "suffer" until the summer. lol

Sazar
12-12-05, 10:50 PM
Friendly bump for a good guy.

Hope you get a good deal.

phide
12-13-05, 02:06 PM
You could, of course, act like something of a humanitarian and sell the card for a reasonable price.

Q
12-13-05, 02:18 PM
You could, of course, act like something of a humanitarian and sell the card for a reasonable price.

We're in America, DAMNIT! We're business men here, not humanitairians! (xmasgrin)

Thats what I originally thought, too. But he could be getting well north of a grand on ebay, so I think he's giving us here a chance at a semi-decent price (for those who really want one) first. If no one picks it up here, I'm sure he'll get rich on ebay.

Riptide
12-13-05, 02:22 PM
It's now $849 w/free ground shipping. Anyone interested PM please.

(xmassign) (cheers)