PDA

View Full Version : A day with my friends 360 :)

sirplayalot
12-12-05, 11:57 PM
Just my thoughts on the Xbox 360. :)

Well, today i got to really play the 360 for the first time! My buddy got his pre-order in and he came here and we set it up! The games he got was CoD2 and PDZ.

The first thing we did was load up some PDZ. The game was very cool! Feels a lot like a Goldeneye style game. The only problem with it is the aiming seems very slow..i dont know how to explain it...I loved the looks of the game, the frame rate wasnt bad at all and co-op just adds to the fun!

CoD2 was amazing on the 360. The visuals were beautiful and the frame rate was what amazed me the most! I didnt notice any framerate drops (playing 3 player split-screen, Xbox live and singleplayer missions). I cant wait to get together with other friends and have a good LAN with this game.

Next we set up an Xbox live gold account and downloaded NFS MW. Wow! Need For Speed on the 360 was AWSOME! It has a lot more visuals when crashing then the PC version (although PC version is still awsome) and the framerate on this game was also smooth as silk!

We played the 360 for over 10 hours and we didnt have any heat problems or anything, everything went great.

(xmassign)

Toss3
12-13-05, 06:13 AM
Did you play on an HDTV screen or a normal tv?(snowman)

Sazar
12-13-05, 07:10 AM
Good to hear.

I am one of those with a wait and see approach.

I am going to get one sometime next year after my tax returbs and seeing testimonials like this is awesome :)

Tyr-Sog
12-13-05, 07:39 AM
I just saw the 360 for the first time at BestBuy hooked up on a HDTV Samsung. OMG, COD was playing and it was absolutly stunning.

I then saw it at a Toys-R-Us on what I believe was a normal flatscreen TV and it just looked Subpar. To be fair, the TV's menu buttons were there for people to screw with and it looked like the colors and contrast were all screwy.

I played it for a few minutes and that controller was just perfect.

sirplayalot
12-13-05, 11:13 AM
Did you play on an HDTV screen or a normal tv?(snowman)

Played it in a regular old 32" CRT and still looked amazing without HD!

Mathesar
12-13-05, 11:37 AM
The first thing we did was load up some PDZ. The game was very cool! Feels a lot like a Goldeneye style game. The only problem with it is the aiming seems very slow..i dont know how to explain it...I loved the looks of the game, the frame rate wasnt bad at all and co-op just adds to the fun!

You can adjust the aiming speed / sensitivity in PDZ options (xmasmile)

Out of curiosity I hooked up my 360 to a standard 27" Sony in the house just to see how it looked vs. my 32" Sony HDTV and the difference was pretty big .. you'll definitely want an HDTV to get the full experience.

sirplayalot
12-13-05, 04:01 PM
You can adjust the aiming speed / sensitivity in PDZ options (xmasmile)

Out of curiosity I hooked up my 360 to a standard 27" Sony in the house just to see how it looked vs. my 32" Sony HDTV and the difference was pretty big .. you'll definitely want an HDTV to get the full experience.

Its not the sensitivity, its that when you move the joystick it starts off moving slow then goes faster after a while...like i said, its hard to explain! (rudolf)

Ruined
12-13-05, 08:40 PM
The first thing we did was load up some PDZ. The game was very cool! Feels a lot like a Goldeneye style game. The only problem with it is the aiming seems very slow..i dont know how to explain it...

Its not the sensitivity, its that when you move the joystick it starts off moving slow then goes faster after a while...like i said, its hard to explain!

read my post to fix it:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=765641&postcount=16
the key is to disable fastlook and increase sensitivity as noted

(xmassign)

sirplayalot
12-16-05, 11:27 PM
Here are some pics of my buddies 360! (xmasmile)

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/4027/xbox36015wo.jpg

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5431/xbox36029pd.jpg

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9969/xbox36039gd.jpg

We are going to play some PDZ soon!