PDA

View Full Version : FEAR - Missing scenes

supra
12-13-05, 12:50 AM
elloz,

I have FEAR Directors Edition. And something just occured to me, I never saw the part where the 2 soldiers are running away from the girl and she is walking upside down on the ceiling.

Ive finished the game about 3 times now and I dont skip any story sequences.
wtf is going on there? I see screenshots of that part in reviews & stuff. Does the directors edition have that part cut out or something? :(

jAkUp
12-13-05, 12:57 AM
There are alot of scenes that were in initial trailers that were not in the final game...

Edge
12-13-05, 01:44 AM
Yeah, it's kinda like HL2, where they showed a bunch of concept scenes and such, but then heavily modified/removed for the final release. There's quite a few parts like that in F.E.A.R., most notably the "car chase" scene where you're in a vehicle with that black guy and you flip over. Plus most of the early screenshots weren't in the game either, one picture showed the entire team (including that guy who gives you orders) in front of a helicopter, but the only time you see them all assembled like that is in the first briefing.

supra
12-13-05, 02:10 AM
awww dunno why they decided to cut the chase n the upside down bit out. Would have been cool to watch! :(

Superfly
12-13-05, 02:23 AM
this is happening more and more these days - sad really.

jAkUp
12-13-05, 02:24 AM
They do it for a purpose sometimes.

To keep the game fresh, and to keep you in suspense.

I saw that HL2 video so many times, it wouldn't be very interesting once I played the game.

Superfly
12-13-05, 02:26 AM
yeh but what about the Hydra (water tenticle thing) or the Striders that (roamed the streets - ducking under bridges etc) I felt rather cheated that they wer'nt in the full game.

Superfly
12-13-05, 02:27 AM
by the way - should you be in bed JAkUp?? - its like 8.30 am here in the UK, must the middle of the night for you!!!!

nutcrackr
12-13-05, 02:37 AM
That running away sequence was for e3 afaik, and it was sortof melded into another scene near the start of the game at the docks when you open the gate and come back do to see a sequence. Sometimes things do get taken out if they don't work that great with the story and such.

jAkUp
12-13-05, 02:39 AM
Yea the striders ducking under the bridges would have been awesome...

Yea its about 12:38 here.. nite all!

DoomUK
12-13-05, 05:04 AM
Let's not forget the early footage of Doom 3 that didn't make it into the game finale: pinky ripping through a corridor wall to get at the player, hellknight tossing a zombie into a wall, invisible 'force' tossing a body around and throwing it through a window...

Superfly
12-13-05, 05:07 AM
yeh - although the invisible force was actually in the game - did you miss it??

|MaguS|
12-13-05, 07:02 AM
Remeber one thing with FEAR, Monolith removed and rearranged alot of the parts from demo's and trailers to keep the game fresh even if you saw all them. The SP Demo was never in the game but rather it was pieces of the game joined to create a single level.

Sazar
12-13-05, 07:19 AM
I guess we have been spoiled from before :)

The last proper demos I played that totally impressed me were for Far Cry. And they were right out the game.