PDA

View Full Version : BF2 patch change list

Pages : [1] 2

IndianScout
12-13-05, 12:00 PM
Here is a quick run down of just some of the issues we have been working on.

- Helicopter now carry 8 missiles rather than 14
- TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range
- Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
- AA missile lock has been improved
- Support kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
- Sniper kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
- Anti-Tank kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
- "Dolphin Diving" is no longer possible
- Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time
- "Prone Spamming" is now fixed
- "Sprint exploit" is now fixed
- The Sa80 weapon has been improved
- The G3A3 weapon has been improved
- Reload while sprinting has been enabled
- Chinese and MEC APCs can now shoot through penetrable materials
- Damage decreased for the M134
- Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use.

Tygerwoody
12-13-05, 12:18 PM
Here is a quick run down of just some of the issues we have been working on.

- Helicopter now carry 8 missiles rather than 14
- TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range
- Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
- AA missile lock has been improved
- Support kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
- Sniper kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
- Anti-Tank kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
- "Dolphin Diving" is no longer possible
- "Prone Spamming" is now fixed
- "Sprint exploit" is now fixed
- The Sa80 weapon has been improved
- The G3A3 weapon has been improved
- Chinese and MEC APCs can now shoot through penetrable materials
- Damage decreased for the M134
- Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use.
woot! looks like they finally did something right for a change!!!! I agree with EVERYTHING 100%

This will probably even make me play tonight! I'm so happy... :p

Edge
12-13-05, 12:35 PM
Jeez, why don't they just draw a big bullseye on the helicopter while they're at it. By how much are they reducing the hitpoints on air vehicles, exactly? And I'm not sure why they're removing so many missiles from the helicopter's clip, it was already hard enough hitting a target since it uses a fairly screwy system for aiming (it was much more accurate in Desert Combat). Oh well, guess I'll be a helicopter pilot until the patch (might as well get a few hours of using it in before it becomes useless), and then go back to being a revive-spamming medic, which will ironically be made easier now. At least they're finally fixing the bunny-crouch-hopping.

Tygerwoody
12-13-05, 12:45 PM
Jeez, why don't they just draw a big bullseye on the helicopter while they're at it. By how much are they reducing the hitpoints on air vehicles, exactly? And I'm not sure why they're removing so many missiles from the helicopter's clip, it was already hard enough hitting a target since it uses a fairly screwy system for aiming (it was much more accurate in Desert Combat). Oh well, guess I'll be a helicopter pilot until the patch (might as well get a few hours of using it in before it becomes useless), and then go back to being a revive-spamming medic, which will ironically be made easier now. At least they're finally fixing the bunny-crouch-hopping.
Happy day happy day. I hope pretty soon we see "helicopters and jets are pointless" threads. You guys have had your fun. Helicopters and Jets are WAY WAY WAY WAY overpowered. I quit the game just because of that fact. It made the game so it wasn't even fun. Litterally I would spawn and within 5 seconds
"oh, i'm dead again, what a surprise the jet got me again".
Spawn again "dead again, what killed me... oh nm another jet".
Spawn again "woot in yo face! i still have 2 hps left! Oh, nm I"m dead i forget there are two jets on this map"
Spawn again "Those Jets are in for it, i'm headed straight for the AA missles... **** i'm dead again"
Spawn again "this time I'm just going to leave those Jets alone, time to just get in a jeep, no way they can target this jeep. I can dodge anything those Jets throw at me! Bring it on Je... Helicopter!?!!?! where the **** did you come from!...died again"

/quit

J-Mag
12-13-05, 01:10 PM
wtf was/is the - "Sprint exploit"

einstein_314
12-13-05, 01:16 PM
Happy day happy day. I hope pretty soon we see "helicopters and jets are pointless" threads. You guys have had your fun. Helicopters and Jets are WAY WAY WAY WAY overpowered. I quit the game just because of that fact. It made the game so it wasn't even fun. Litterally I would spawn and within 5 seconds
Spawn again "woot in yo face! i still have 2 hps left! Oh, nm I"m dead i forget there are two jets on this map"
Spawn again "Those Jets are in for it, i'm headed straight for the AA missles... **** i'm dead again"
Spawn again "this time I'm just going to leave those Jets alone, time to just get in a jeep, no way they can target this jeep. I can dodge anything those Jets throw at me! Bring it on Je... Helicopter!?!!?! where the **** did you come from!...died again"

/quit

Well personally, I have no problems with the jets or helocopters. Sure they kill you occasionally but hey, itsn't that what the point of them is? And it's not like they were that hard to shoot down...Pretty easy actually...I don't see what the big deal is.

But aside from the helicopter issue, I think this patch will be awesome. All those things drive me nuts...stupid bunny hoppers and dolphin divers...

And what is sprint exploit? I don't know what that's refering too...

Tygerwoody
12-13-05, 01:23 PM
what is a dolphin diver?

Edge
12-13-05, 02:12 PM

/quit

Uhh, how can a jet spawn kill you repeatedly when they can't stop and aim quickly like almost every other weapon? I've never been killed by an air vehicle more than once or twice in a row. I have, however, been spawn killed several times many, many times by camping APCs (can anyone say "Karkand alley"?). If anything, your example only shows just how unbelievably broken the spawn system is in that game. Air vehicles are very easy to take down with the right equipment, just like every other vehicle in the game. And how exactly can both jets AND helicopters be overpowered? If jets are overpowered, then they should be killing the helicopters before they can get anywhere. As an anti-infantry/anti-tank weapon, jets are pretty low on the list: about the only thing they excel as it killing choppers.

But like I said, I'll just go back to medic spam-reviving once the patch is released. Nothing quite like coming across a teammate being killed repeatedly everytime you revive them and racking up the points. You can easily rack up a few dozen points in around a minute that way. And thanks to the patch, now medics will be able to shoot back while the paddles are charging.

what is a dolphin diver?
Jump-go prone in air-land on the ground prone-get up and jump-go prone in air, etc. It basically makes you next to impossible to hit, it's more or less bunny hopping taken to extremes.

Tygerwoody
12-13-05, 02:24 PM
Jump-go prone in air-land on the ground prone-get up and jump-go prone in air, etc. It basically makes you next to impossible to hit, it's more or less bunny hopping taken to extremes.
omg that is Dolphin Diving? I see that ALLLLLLL the time. I never knew what they were doing.

Anyway, about the heli's and jets. No offense, but if you don't think they are overpowered you must be blind. Its not uncommon to see someone with 250 points in one round with 2 deaths. Why? oh he's in a jet. A good jet pilot is WAY WAY WAY over powered. Helicopters are only overpowered in zones where there are no jets to take them down.

A SIMPLE solution instead of lowering hps and changing all this stuff for jets/heli's would be to say that they cannot be repaired unless grounded. A jet flying an ENTIRE session of BF2 is not exactly fair and is extremely common due to the flying repair. Hell, even though tanks are WAY easier to blow up, if they wanted to say the engineer has to be outside the tank to repair it I would agree. And I use tanks non stop.

Edge
12-13-05, 02:36 PM
I don't understand the flying repair stuff either. You'd think you'd at least have to land to get repaired, but nope, you can fly over at 200MPH a hundred feet off the ground, and somehow get back to full health in 10 seconds.

Even then though, I've never seen jet pilots with amazingly high scores. 99% of the time the highest scorers are APC spawn campers, revive-happy medics, and TV-missile launchers (though usually only if the other team is loading up personel carriers). All it takes is 2 people in AA turrets/linebacker to guarantee death for a jet. If you're in the middle of an open area and a jet is flying toward you, obviously your chance of survival is pretty low. But the same is true of a jet in the sights of a linebacker, or an AA turret gunner that knows what they're doing (hint: shoot the second rocket AFTER you re-lock onto the jet once they've fired their flares).

Gaco
12-13-05, 02:57 PM
I don't understand the flying repair stuff either. You'd think you'd at least have to land to get repaired, but nope, you can fly over at 200MPH a hundred feet off the ground, and somehow get back to full health in 10 seconds.

Even then though, I've never seen jet pilots with amazingly high scores. 99% of the time the highest scorers are APC spawn campers, revive-happy medics, and TV-missile launchers (though usually only if the other team is loading up personel carriers). All it takes is 2 people in AA turrets/linebacker to guarantee death for a jet. If you're in the middle of an open area and a jet is flying toward you, obviously your chance of survival is pretty low. But the same is true of a jet in the sights of a linebacker, or an AA turret gunner that knows what they're doing (hint: shoot the second rocket AFTER you re-lock onto the jet once they've fired their flares).

I don't really agree so much with the last part there. The pilots usally just change the view so they can see behind the airplane, and don't fire the countermeasures before they have a visual on the rockets.. That way even the Lineback-players "who know what they're doing" will be tricked =/

Tygerwoody
12-13-05, 03:49 PM
what is a "lineback" player?

You guys are using all these terms I don't understand. I quit BF2 a long time ago so i don't know the "lingo". I quit BF2 3 weeks after it was released, then i played it again after each of the patches for approx one week, then quit again when i found out they fixed nothing. Here I come back to play for the 4th time (xmasgrin)

jolle
12-13-05, 04:04 PM
My guess someone who is currently using a Linebacker, one of the Anti Aircraft veichles in BF2.. hehe..
or a player in American football aswell isnt it?

Edge
12-13-05, 04:23 PM
what is a "lineback" player?

You guys are using all these terms I don't understand. I quit BF2 a long time ago so i don't know the "lingo". I quit BF2 3 weeks after it was released, then i played it again after each of the patches for approx one week, then quit again when i found out they fixed nothing. Here I come back to play for the 4th time (xmasgrin)
The Linebacker is the anti-air tank equipped with gattling guns and homing rockets (6 per clip). They're in most of the maps that have a large amount of air vehicles in them, for example in Dragon Valley you can find it in the upper-left Chinese spawn point.

Tygerwoody
12-13-05, 04:36 PM
when will this patch be released?

wnd
12-13-05, 04:45 PM
I won't be quoting anyone but the original poster here, but will refer to some of the posts. Background: playing non-US, usually medic, but any class when needed, enjoy flying an attack chopper and the jets (being gunner isn't even remotely as fun).

Helicopter missiles: eight is fine if choppers would maneuver as they should. They should be quick and responsive, not slow and sluggish.

TV-Guided missile shorter range: Good. People will no longer hover at some remote point and keep firing missiles at US carrier.

Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced: Brilliant! I think it's ridiculous that (attack) chopper cannot be brought down with a single shell from a tank.

AA missile lock has been improved: Sounds good, but lets see if they will bring me down more often that once every three rounds.

Support kits adjusted for accuracy: More people will start spawn-killing from distance. Oh jolly.

Sniper kits adjusted for accuracy: I think they're just fine already.

Dolphin Diving, jump and shoot, Prone Spamming, Sprint exploit: Cheers!

Reload while sprinting has been enabled: Bah. Please make reloading slower when you're running.

As far as I can tell all vehicles are very annoying when someone have decided to pick a spot and started spawnkilling. While land vehicles may be easier to take out, hovering choppers are also very vulrnable. Jets and especially bombers are effectively taken from their bombing run with an enemy fighter jet. Personally I think vehicles are very well balanced now that only the pilot will contribute to capture speed. While I would hate landing for repairs, I could live with that. It's ridiculour to get repaired on-fly. The biggest problem with choppers/jets is that people are really not that interested in taking them down.

Oh yeah one more thing. This time please create a patch that can actually be installed (3 GB on Windos-partition to install a patch!?)

ekloot1978
12-13-05, 04:56 PM
I really hope they fix the crappy server browser as well as everything else. They should at least make it so it functions as well as the older battlefield games. In BF2 it seems like you have to click on each individual server in the list to get it's ping and other information to update correctly. Its very annoying and something that should be easy enough to fix. Has anyone else noticed these problems?

wnd
12-13-05, 05:12 PM
really hope they fix the crappy server browser

Oh yeah I forgot that too. I hope they also get rid of that annoying delay you have to wait when you accidentally press escape during the game. First you have to wait for that "Menu is loading", and when you finally get to stare at the GUI, you have to wait for the "video noise our" before you can press escape again or you'll have to watch it all over again. And then this. (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=761906&postcount=1) (In short: unresponsive GUI)

DoomUK
12-13-05, 05:31 PM

I honestly don't see what people have got against bunny-hopping in BF, but if the majority say it has to go then so be it :(. However isn't it a little contradictory to enable reloading while spriting?...

S.I.N
12-13-05, 05:45 PM
I honestly don't see what people have got against bunny-hopping in BF, but if the majority say it has to go then so be it :(. However isn't it a little contradictory to enable reloading while spriting?...

Not really because thats something you might actually do on a battlefield.

DoomUK
12-13-05, 06:27 PM
Not really because thats something you might actually do on a battlefield.

I appreciate that, but *shock, horror* I've never been one to see BF as any kind of battlefield simulator (whatever that may entail, you tell me - I'm not a soilder). Strategic/tactical FPS, certainly. Include sprint-reloading by all means, but leave us traditional MP FPS players to use our bunny-hopping antics in those classic on-foot shoot-outs ;)...

Superfly
12-13-05, 06:29 PM
bouncing is the way forwards chaps!!!!!!!

DoomUK
12-13-05, 06:35 PM
bouncing is the way forwards chaps!!!!!!!

It's a classic FPS evasion technique allright, alongside rocket jumping et all. Some people think it has no place in BF for x reasons, so so be it. I'm not going to argue.

rewt
12-13-05, 06:46 PM

What about jumping while sprinting?? Does this work or is my keyboard just a POS??

They're going to disable shooting while jumping?? Thats silly. I think its fair to say a human could shoot a pistol or rifle while jumping in the air (but of course with lower accuracy). Same thing goes with jumping while running... Don't make the game unrealistic just because people complain about the bunny hoppers (which I am not btw).

Henno
12-13-05, 06:47 PM
Nice patch. Now if they could add "leaning" this would make it complete.