PDA

View Full Version : Generally best ADVANCED settings in Forceware?

cvearl
12-13-05, 09:29 PM
Is there a link or a general set of commonly ageed on best settings for6800/7800 owners?? Aksing from a "best visual quality" and "best overall compatability for widest range of games" point of view.

Like set this to this and that to that. Everyone does this or that ect...

Not for benching or that stuff. Just so I have to do the least ammount of individual game tweaking and so on and I like visual quality.

C.

OWA
12-13-05, 10:51 PM
4xAA/16xAF (use 8xS AA if you have more than enough performance in a game)

Image Setting: High Quality

TAA: Super Sampling (for D3D)

GAA: On

Negative LOD: Clamp

Edit: Also, be cautious when forcing AA since some games use HDR. Depending on the method used, you sometimes can't use HDR + AA together on nvidia cards (e.g. Far Cry is one such game where you can't use AA and HDR together while HL2/CS:Source/DoD are examples of games that you can use HDR and AA).

cvearl
12-14-05, 01:12 AM
Thanks a bunch. I will try that!

GAA = Gamma Correct AA?
TAA = Transparency AA?

C.

OWA
12-14-05, 05:35 PM
Thanks a bunch. I will try that!

GAA = Gamma Correct AA?
TAA = Transparency AA?

C.

Yeah, that's correct.

Also, if you have any weird issues in a D3D game, those would be the first options I'd turn off. Most of the time it's a set and forget option for D3D games but occasionally some games will have issues with them.

crainger
12-15-05, 01:14 AM
Yeah, that's correct.

Also, if you have any weird issues in a D3D game, those would be the first options I'd turn off. Most of the time it's a set and forget option for D3D games but occasionally some games will have issues with them.

Like Battlefield 1942. Super TAA is a no go. Multi TAA is fine

j0j081
12-15-05, 06:37 AM
I think those settings are a bit overkill for a 6800 in newer games.

muaddib
12-15-05, 07:00 AM
Since when Negative LOD Bias is recommended to be set to "Allow"? Not so long time ago most recommendations were "Clamp".

OWA
12-15-05, 07:41 AM
Since when Negative LOD Bias is recommended to be set to "Allow"? Not so long time ago most recommendations were "Clamp".
It's not. I said Neg LOD Clamp On and I meant setting it to clamp. I can see where that would be confusing so I edited my post to just say Clamp.