PDA

View Full Version : Logitech MX518 vs Razer DiamondBack

egyteam
12-14-05, 03:31 AM
need your opnions about these mices and which one do you recommended ?

j0j081
12-14-05, 04:46 AM
I would recommend the new g5 over both but if you are looking to save ten or so bucks probably the mx518.

KickAssCop
12-15-05, 01:05 AM
MX518 or G5. I do not like diamondback's shape and grip.

Wolfhound
12-15-05, 01:16 AM
I own a Razer DiamondBack and I love it, but is better you go to a shop and test the shape of both and get the one you are confortable with, personally I prefer the Razer shape, logitech is too huge and weighty for my taste

Salamandar
12-15-05, 02:36 AM
I have the MX518; it's by far the best Optical mouse that U have used over the past 2 years.
I use every button on it in my FPS game time.
One of the positive things about this mouse is that you can control the sensitivity of the sensor without the need of drivers.

six_storm
12-15-05, 12:16 PM
The Mx518 rocks but I haven't tried the G5 so try that one too.

nemecb
12-15-05, 12:22 PM
I own a Razer DiamondBack and I love it, but is better you go to a shop and test the shape of both and get the one you are confortable with, personally I prefer the Razer shape, logitech is too huge and weighty for my taste
Completely agree.

jAkUp
12-15-05, 12:24 PM
I would go for the Copperhead.

The Logitech are more comfortable for daily use though IMO.

Superfly
12-15-05, 12:45 PM
the logitech are also the size of a small car

jAkUp
12-15-05, 12:50 PM
Yes defintetely, the logitech are more suited for large hands

KickAssCop
12-15-05, 12:55 PM
the logitech are also the size of a small car
On that note I would add Razor was designed for midgets.

zoomy942
12-15-05, 01:55 PM
i would go 518. but I LOVE my mouse in my sig

six_storm
12-15-05, 02:13 PM
Yes defintetely, the logitech are more suited for large hands

And you know what they say about people with "large hands" heheheh . . . Yes, I'm using the MX518 . . . (mikec)

nemecb
12-15-05, 02:39 PM
And you know what they say about people with "large hands" heheheh . . . Yes, I'm using the MX518 . . . (mikec)
Your sig says you're using a 510. Compensating for something?(xmastong)

ViN86
12-15-05, 02:48 PM
the diamondback suits large hands as well. its long and slender and the buttons are nice and large, with good action. also the drivers are quite nice, and have good basic functions.

id say go with the diamondback, but im biased ;)

j0j081
12-16-05, 05:12 AM
well my G7 arrived and its a thing of beauty. No use until xmas though so...I'll have to wait and see. I have an mx700 now which is pretty much identical in shape. At least I won't have to get used to a new design after having this for two years.

Superfly
12-16-05, 05:24 AM
regardless of size - oh er!!!! I cant stand righthanded mice ,I can and will only use ambidextrous mice (hence the MS6000).

I also hate any kind of weight in a mouse which rules out both the Logitech's and the Razor as both are too heavy for my taste even with all weights removed.

I just wish MS would have designed the thing with a decent side button.

crainger
12-16-05, 06:28 AM
regardless of size - oh er!!!! I cant stand righthanded mice ,I can and will only use ambidextrous mice (hence the MS6000).

I also hate any kind of weight in a mouse which rules out both the Logitech's and the Razor as both are too heavy for my taste even with all weights removed.

I just wish MS would have designed the thing with a decent side button.

The lack of mice suitable for lefties actually drove me to go right hand for mousing. Man I sucked at any game for bout a week or so. Far Cry was hard, but going from left to right made it impossible. Now however i can game pretty well with both hands, making some crazy unstoppable mutant (mikec) .

I'm actually right handed but grew up using the mouse with my left hand. It was the early 90's and only hand one PC and seeing as Mom and Dad bought it, they had preference on which side to have the mouse and the both of them being left handed meant I had to learn left or go without.

(xmassign)

slick
12-16-05, 06:33 AM
Really it depends on what kind of grip you'll be using. When I game (FPS's at least) I hold the mouse in my fingertips, or just with the pads of my fingers. I've found that extremely hard to do with Logitech's shape, it basically requires you to grip the entire thing with your hand for it to be comfortable - that's MY experience with it.

I'd vote Diamondback Plasma, or a Copperhead if you're willing to shell out the extra money.

crainger
12-16-05, 06:47 AM
Well I do the same thing. But it seems as must have large hands as my MX1000 works fine with only finger tips, in fact it seems lost in my hands at times. Always best to try before you buy.

maha_x
12-17-05, 01:51 PM
Razer for a southpaw... And the shape allows one to grab the mouse with fingers, easier to lift. Diablo2 was pain on my M$ mouse as it required me to lift and hold button at the same time. It would constantly slip from my hand.