PDA

View Full Version : WOW? Moto GP 2006 Xbox 360

LiquidX
12-14-05, 01:50 PM
I actually had to look carefully to see which one was the real one.
http://www.xbox365.com/news.cgi?id=GGPrNdiGrr12131252

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=15061&stc=1&d=1134589742

PeterJensen
12-14-05, 04:03 PM
yea its looking really good. But it have to be REALLY good to get me away from PGR3 multiplayer online. Man if you get in a serius MP game in PGR3 you will NEVER play annything else.

Buenamos
12-14-05, 04:04 PM
yea its looking really good. But it have to be REALLY good to get me away from PGR3 multiplayer online. Man if you get in a serius MP game in PGR3 you will NEVER play annything else.

Add me on live, my tag is iRanduMi. I'll show u wuts up hahaha.

Mr. Hunt
12-14-05, 04:31 PM
Not to say anything bad about this... but the same people responsible for the Gran Turismo series(Polyphony Digital or whatever) is doing a motorcycle game next, and supposedly you will be able to buy new leathers, boots, helmets, etc... and it isn't just limited to sports bikes either ;).

Bad_Boy
12-14-05, 05:15 PM
Kinda reminds me of the gran turismo realism comparisons. i.e. many ps2 fans claiming photorealism, other claiming not at all. but in truth some shots did look photorealistic, others simply didnt.

Edge
12-14-05, 08:54 PM
Is it sad that I didn't look at the text and thought the bottom picture was an in-game screenshot? I even thought to myself "looks like they're using some nice bumpmapping" :p

a12ctic
12-14-05, 09:57 PM
wow thats awsome, the ground is what gives it away....

Ruined
12-15-05, 05:21 AM
Not to say anything bad about this... but the same people responsible for the Gran Turismo series(Polyphony Digital or whatever) is doing a motorcycle game next, and supposedly you will be able to buy new leathers, boots, helmets, etc... and it isn't just limited to sports bikes either ;).

Not to put down Polyphony, but motoGP 1-3 for XBOX (not the PS2 one made by Namco) were of the same calibur for sport bikes as GT was for cars. You could also buy new leathers and for that matter make custom leathers/helmets/etc even in the very first motoGP for XBOX.

Mr. Hunt
12-15-05, 11:11 AM
Not to put down Polyphony, but motoGP 1-3 for XBOX (not the PS2 one made by Namco) were of the same calibur for sport bikes as GT was for cars. You could also buy new leathers and for that matter make custom leathers/helmets/etc even in the very first motoGP for XBOX.

But it didn't have cruiser bikes also, did it? ;)

jAkUp
12-19-05, 06:51 PM
Here are some more screenies:
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/677/677503p1.html

|MaguS|
12-20-05, 09:18 AM

I think the major difference between what Polyphony is doing compared to the MotoGP series is that they are changing the way a player controls the bike and rider. Read up on it, its a first for bike games.

Whereas most every racing game gives you direct control over your vehicle, Tourist Trophy is a little bit different in that it simulates the movement of the bike which is directly based on the movement of the rider. In essence, you're controlling your on-screen biker who's controlling the bike. It may sound a tad strange, but it makes perfect sense when you think about how a bike's movement affects a rider and vice-versa; you can't exactly have one without the other, and it's much more realistic for you to control the rider than the actual bike itself. Of course, in practice they feel one and the same as the bike is essentially an extension of your rider's body, but it's design approaches like this that define Polyphony.

To this end, not only are the specs of each individual bike at play here, but the way each biker rides his motorcycle can drastically affect your performance and riding style. In the Arcade mode, you're given three quick style options: In, Out or Default. In means that your biker will lean deep into each turn, looking as if he's about to fall off. Out means that he drops the bike in each turn, but his body remains more upright, while Default is somewhere in-between. Riding with the In setting nets you more speed but larger turning angles, while the Out style yields tighter turns with less speed.

The cool part is that all of this is greatly customizable when you set up your Career mode character. You're able to modify the way your rider handles his bike, adjusting the angles of his body, limbs, elbow placement and more. You're given the ability to perfectly adjust your riding stance to however you see fit, and as your style is intrinsic to the underlying physics system and hence your performance, this sort of customization means that each player will essentially develop his or her own riding style and be able to cater their in-game character to said style. Nifty.

BTW why do you make it sound like MotoGP is xbox exclusive, they all were on the PS2 aswell, only difference were graphics and online support in the third.

Ruined
12-20-05, 09:58 AM
I think the major difference between what Polyphony is doing compared to the MotoGP series is that they are changing the way a player controls the bike and rider. Read up on it, its a first for bike games.

And it doesn't necessarily sound better. The approach described by Polyphony sounds awkward and unnatural - it may be different, but I don't think its more fun or translates to more accurate control. MotoGP for the XBOX has a very sim-like feel and offers precise control over the bike. I want to feel like I'm driving the bike, not like I'm driving the rider.

BTW why do you make it sound like MotoGP is xbox exclusive, they all were on the PS2 aswell, only difference were graphics and online support in the third.

I make it sound that way because it is XBOX exclusive. motoGP on XBOX is a totally different game than the one on PS2. The XBOX motoGP series is more sim-oriented and developed by Climax and published by THQ; the PS2 motoGP series is more arcade-oriented and developed/published by Namco. Totally different games with the same name, and yes the motoGP I am describing is XBOX exclusive. PS2's/Namco's motoGP series is weak.

Bad_Boy
12-20-05, 11:54 AM
And it doesn't necessarily sound better. The approach described by Polyphony sounds awkward and unnatural - it may be different, but I don't think its more fun or translates to more accurate control. MotoGP for the XBOX has a very sim-like feel and offers precise control over the bike. I want to feel like I'm driving the bike, not like I'm driving the rider.

I think they are going for a more realistic way of controlling the bike. If you have ever rode a bike before you know that you have to control more than just the gas/clutch/handle bars/breaks to drive it, you have to use your body to aid in driving also. It just makes sense to me. I think it may be exaggeration when you say "driving the rider", I dont think its anything like that at all.

but the way each biker rides his motorcycle can drastically affect your performance and riding style.
so true. I think anybody who loves bikes (like me) or wants to know more about driving bikes is going to love Tourist Trophy. not to sound like PR, but the way they describe it, makes it sound like pure fun. :D

But it didn't have cruiser bikes also, did it? ;)
lol, If it has cruisers in it, I think I might finally have a game that my dad might be interested in playing. He recently got a honda shadow aero, so if theres cruisers...this might be for him. :)

Im more of a crotch rocket guy though :P
gimmie a honda cbr or suzuki sv650r (w/ fairings of course) anyday (xmasgrin)

Mr. Hunt
12-20-05, 12:30 PM
I think they are going for a more realistic way of controlling the bike. If you have ever rode a bike before you know that you have to control more than just the gas/clutch/handle bars/breaks to drive it, you have to use your body to aid in driving also. It just makes sense to me. I think it may be exaggeration when you say "driving the rider", I dont think its anything like that at all.

Yeah... when on a motorcycle you can't simply turn the bars and turn when you are moving at a decent speed... you gotta lean into stuff and the way PD describes that makes me happy.

lol, If it has cruisers in it, I think I might finally have a game that my dad might be interested in playing. He recently got a honda shadow aero, so if theres cruisers...this might be for him. :)

Well I saw a trailer for TT and it looked like there were some cruisers... I read on IGN that they are getting the major Japanese bike makers in it... I just hope they get others (don't really care for Ducatti or anything, but I like variety, and I would love some Harley's ;), and hey... they make sports bikes also, although not too well :\).

Im more of a crotch rocket guy though :P
gimmie a honda cbr or suzuki sv650r (w/ fairings of course) anyday (xmasgrin)

I don't care much for crotch rockets, but my brother loves them... he watches every MotoGP race on the Speed channel and he owns a 2005 (or 04... I forget) Yamaha R-6..

Bad_Boy
12-20-05, 08:47 PM
Well I saw a trailer for TT and it looked like there were some cruisers... I read on IGN that they are getting the major Japanese bike makers in it... I just hope they get others (don't really care for Ducatti or anything, but I like variety, and I would love some Harley's ;), and hey... they make sports bikes also, although not too well :\).
Pretty sweet, bout time cruisers get some lovin. I remember back in the day that game Road Rash (or was it Road Rage)...anyways, that game didnt even have cruisers/choppers despite the "angry bikers" swinging chains at each other lol.

I don't care much for crotch rockets, but my brother loves them... he watches every MotoGP race on the Speed channel and he owns a 2005 (or 04... I forget) Yamaha R-6..
lol, nice. the r6 is a sexy bike :)

Mr. Hunt
12-21-05, 12:54 AM
Pretty sweet, bout time cruisers get some lovin. I remember back in the day that game Road Rash (or was it Road Rage)...anyways, that game didnt even have cruisers/choppers despite the "angry bikers" swinging chains at each other lol.

I LOVED the original Road Rash... the 3d ones had cruisers if I remember right, but they sucked :\.

sytaylor
12-21-05, 02:44 AM
wow thats awsome, the ground is what gives it away....

The ground and the shadows, plus very very sharp edges. A photo at highspeed will always have more blurr, but video games look stationary in just one frame.

gmontem
12-21-05, 11:09 AM
The ground and the shadows, plus very very sharp edges. A photo at highspeed will always have more blurr, but video games look stationary in just one frame.
You don't have to pan to take photos of racing vehicles. Since they all race around the track many many times one can setup the camera to take photos only at one spot.

Edge
12-21-05, 08:34 PM
You don't have to pan to take photos of racing vehicles. Since they all race around the track many many times one can setup the camera to take photos only at one spot.
Then the vehicles themselves would be blurred though ;)

gmontem
12-21-05, 08:57 PM
Then the vehicles themselves would be blurred though ;)
I've seen captures of racing vehicles frozen including the tires and the cars looked like they were parked. It's quite possible with a fast enough shutter speed and with the cars at a slow enough speed, like around the curves.