PDA

View Full Version : Most "FPS" settings in Nvidia control panal, how would you set it?

newls1
12-15-05, 07:02 AM
Im wanting to see if i'm setting up my nvidia control panal for the MOST FPS I can get, and not care about picture quality. I get confused about some of these settings, so if someone could help me make sure im setup for MOST FPS, that would be great..... I'll try to upload some pics, but not sure if there going to work.

Superfly
12-15-05, 07:26 AM
with that rig I just dont get why you would want to do this

radekhulan
12-15-05, 10:58 AM
with that rig I just dont get why you would want to do this

Benchmarking?

Well, set AA OFF, AF OFF, image quality (system performance) to "High performance", all optimizations ON, SLI to AFR2, and close your eyes, as the picture will have horrible IQ.

Superfly
12-15-05, 11:14 AM
you mean benchmark fixing which is a different and annoying habbit.

newls1
12-15-05, 02:26 PM
Benchmarking?

Well, set AA OFF, AF OFF, image quality (system performance) to "High performance", all optimizations ON, SLI to AFR2, and close your eyes, as the picture will have horrible IQ.
what do you mean by "all optimizations on"???

newls1
12-15-05, 06:02 PM
Benchmarking?

Thanks for that reply. For some reason I always thought setting the optimizations to OFF gave better performance, but I "right" clicked them in the control panal to read there discription, and your right, setting them to ON gives better performance. I set all 3 of those settings to on, and games seem to be smoother now.(xmassign)

Superfly
12-16-05, 05:55 AM
Your actually gaming with those settings???

the world is a crazy place!!!!

newls1
12-16-05, 07:29 AM
Your actually gaming with those settings???

the world is a crazy place!!!!

Some people like quality settings, and some others want "the most performance"
I prefer the most performance over picture quality most of the time.

gram_vaz
12-16-05, 10:19 AM
eeeeewwwwwww, all optimizations on with nvidia will give you crazy shimmering.

rewt
12-16-05, 12:54 PM
eeeeewwwwwww, all optimizations on with nvidia will give you crazy shimmering.

Sure will. But so will turning them all off. :-/

The one that causes the most shimmering is the anisotropic mip filter optimization.

hoop
12-16-05, 01:44 PM
how come on the top of your nvidia menup page it shows name of your card and your monitor and mine just show the name of my card?
can i change that?

http://img464.imageshack.us/my.php?image=a2jhum3yv.jpg

rewt
12-16-05, 01:49 PM
It depends on where you access the panel from.

newls1 went through right-click on desktop > Properties > Settings > Advanced.

You went through right-click on deskop > NVIDIA display (or an equivalent, such as loading directly from a system tray icon).

hoop
12-16-05, 01:52 PM
ahhhh man i see

http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=a2jok7ui.jpg

wow all this time i never noticed that.