PDA

View Full Version : omg I love hideo kojima!!!

overheat
12-16-05, 07:46 AM
HK: Yes, that's technically possible. I want to express, first of all, it's not that I don't like Xbox or 360. It's just that last year, our hands were really tied to MGS3, so the other Konami developers were able to get their hands on the 360 tools and hardware earlier. But we simply didn't have time to do that last year. So, meaning that we were behind the other developers in terms of 360 development. Kojima Productions has this philosophy that we want to be the first in everything regarding new technology. So after we finished MGS3, the option was to work on the PS3 to try all the new things for Metal Gear Solid 4. The only reason for this is I'm the kind of person who wants to be the first person on the moon, and don't want to be asking "what the moon was like?" from other people. So that's the real story behind selecting PS3.

1UP: It's interesting that you think you could do this on 360, though.

HK: Maybe some nuance or a small details here and there might be different, but I feel that hardware is no longer a matter. I'm just talking about PS3, 360 and PC. Revolution is totally different, but there are really no differences among the other three.

http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?pager.offset=3&cId=3146425

Mr. Hunt
12-16-05, 12:48 PM
I love him too... but for entirely different reasons ;).

Knot3D
12-16-05, 01:59 PM
Ok, but the fact still remains there is only 1 Kojima Productions team.

For the exact same MGS4 result on Xbox360 it would really take a true
copy of that team AND they would have had to start coding it around
the same time when they started coding PS3 MGS4.

If there will ever be MGS4 for Xbox360 let's hope they use the devtime
well, becuz MGS2 Substance on Xbox wasn't a great port.

Mr. Hunt
12-16-05, 02:01 PM
If anything it might be a remake/spin off on Xbox 360... maybe a MGS3 remake... that would be freaking awesome.

But I still think it is dumb of Sony to not offer Konami a large sum to keep the series exclusive... would be a very smart move.

Zeta
12-16-05, 05:02 PM
Maybe M$ has already paid them so its not...

Knot3D
12-16-05, 06:16 PM
MS did pay Konami quite some cash to do the MGS2 Substance port to Xbox.

We all know how that turned out to be...

Kojima's team is talented, but they can only do SO much. That's why they've focused on PS2 and now on PS3. Focus on Xbox360 as well would water down their overall performance and thus quality.

Kojima's statement in that article is more or less in line with what Nintendo said about the level of next gen graphics reaching saturation ; differences are becoming marginal.