PDA

View Full Version : doom 3 image quality

lewis_johnstone
12-16-05, 06:28 PM
Hi there,

I'm currently running Doom 3 in 1600x1200, x2 aa @ ULTRA quality settings. And i'm currently seeing some strange stuff on mars floor base gratings?

similar to this i think:
http://www.techreport.com/etc/2004q3/ati-doom3/index.x?pg=1

Maybe turning on high quality and clamp in control panel thing will help here?

[It's not exactly the same though, not like a straightish line moving ahead of me, more like a wavy pattern on grating ahead]

rewt
12-16-05, 07:22 PM
Sounds like moire effect. Theres really nothing you can do other than bump up the resolution and/or antialiasing level. You could perhaps try enabling transparency AA in combination with 4x or 8xS but I doubt that will have an affect here.

Other than that, my advice would be to simply ignore it.

Kemo
12-17-05, 02:31 PM
no it looks like you have trilinear optimizations turned on in the nvidia control panel. make sure you have all those optimizations turned off for best quality.

rewt
12-17-05, 02:35 PM
no it looks like you have trilinear optimizations turned on in the nvidia control panel. make sure you have all those optimizations turned off for best quality.

It's not exactly the same though, not like a straightish line moving ahead of me, more like a wavy pattern on grating ahead

Doesn't sound like trilinear opt to me.. Sounds like moire.

Superfly
12-18-05, 02:41 AM
Sounds like moire effect. Theres really nothing you can do other than bump up the resolution and/or antialiasing level. You could perhaps try enabling transparency AA in combination with 4x or 8xS but I doubt that will have an affect here.

Other than that, my advice would be to simply ignore it.

Moire can be adjusted on the control panel for your monitor - make sure its setup as well as it can be.

Superfly
12-18-05, 02:44 AM
have you tried high quality mode yet?? - you mentioned it in your first post.