PDA

View Full Version : CES 06 = Sony shows their hand

Bad_Boy
12-17-05, 03:34 AM
As everyone guessed.
Well, it looks like that really is the case, since now, according to gamemag.ru, Sony has officially declared that at CES, CEO Howard Stringer will present a report containing all the information regarding the console. It's not quite a launch, because we'll have to wait some more before it is available on the market, but at least we'll know for sure what to expect from it.
http://www.playfuls.com/itnews_438_Sony_Announces_Official_Briefing_On_PS3 _At_CES_2006.html

For the first time in a decade Sony will be on the main exhibit floor of International CES, with what it claims is the "largest booth at the show," which will encompass all of the company's divisions.

(cheers)

|MaguS|
12-17-05, 03:47 AM
I wouldn't have put it past them, They did the same thing with the PSP. Seems its Sonys new thing to use CES to unviel their stuff.

msxyz
12-17-05, 04:20 AM
So still no consoles to be seen and played at CES ?

What should we expect beyond the usual run of marketing hyberboles ? If they plan a spring launch they should have the console ready to show with some playable content.

Gaco
12-17-05, 04:46 AM
Interesting nonetheless.. I'm pretty excited about PS3 :)

|MaguS|
12-17-05, 05:04 AM
So still no consoles to be seen and played at CES ?

What should we expect beyond the usual run of marketing hyberboles ? If they plan a spring launch they should have the console ready to show with some playable content.

Where does it say that the console wont be there in playable form? It just states that the CEO from Sony will have a Keynote address regarding the console and possibly launch information.

If you would read more about Sony's CES attendance it would clearly lead us to believe that they plan on having the console there since they have the biggest booth in CES History.

Oh might I add again that Sony did the same exact thing with the PSP, It was playable and had launch information available (which they hit perfectly).

Toss3
12-17-05, 07:12 AM
Where does it say that the console wont be there in playable form? It just states that the CEO from Sony will have a Keynote address regarding the console and possibly launch information.

If you would read more about Sony's CES attendance it would clearly lead us to believe that they plan on having the console there since they have the biggest booth in CES History.

Oh might I add again that Sony did the same exact thing with the PSP, It was playable and had launch information available (which they hit perfectly).
Yeah let's just hope they'll do the same with the ps3... Now we should find someone to go there and take mucho pics! (xmastong)

btw what have you done to your mobo and graphicscard? (snowman) Was it the core that broke or something else?

|MaguS|
12-17-05, 07:22 AM
Nothing is wrong with my Graphics Card... My motherboard though is 100% Dead. I have RMA'd it once already and it returned with the same issue (they claim its a new board and S/N is different) yet the board still wont even post/boot.

Im trying to deciede if I want a DFI Expert or wait for a nForce x16 board to come instock.

Mr. Hunt
12-17-05, 08:58 AM
Oh man... I so wish I could go... that would be the awesomest thing ever.

Edge
12-17-05, 06:05 PM
It would be nice if they're release the launch date, price, and features/launch games at that time. Right now we don't have much to go on, there's even been conflicting reports as to whether or not that "boomerang" controller is the one they're still planning on using.

msxyz
12-18-05, 01:16 PM
Well, that's the source of my doubts.

Remember the march '99 PS2 "presentation" ? The one with with the FFVIII video and all those promises regarding almost CGI-like graphics and online connectivity?

Why just not announce that the PS3 will be unveiled? Just fill that large stand with many Kiosks with playable games and have the attending press do all the promotion for you. This year CES might be just a repetition of the march '99 event. A few Sony executives with their mouths full of bold words for the guillable, another bunch of videoclip and some more empty promises.

Slybri
12-18-05, 02:38 PM
there's even been conflicting reports as to whether or not that "boomerang" controller is the one they're still planning on using.

God, I hope not. That thing looks like some intern in the design department slapped together a "futuristic looking" Dualshock. They got it all wrong. The PS3 box isn't very sexy looking either.
Still, it's what's inside that counts.