PDA

View Full Version : what would you like to see for sli 2.0

retsam
12-17-05, 08:05 AM
well every once in a while, people in other threads have made comments on what they wanted in sli 1.0 or what they thought it could do with it. well i have to asume nvidia is working right now on sli 2.0. so what would you guys like to see in sli 2.0?

i know i want to see some sort of sli unified memory. were as the memory on both cards would work as one. so if you had two 512 megs cards both cards would add together to give you 1 gig of memory. this would be great for playing UT2007 with ultra high res textures. (xmasmile)

Roadhog
12-17-05, 09:30 AM
quad monitor support, both cards act as one. That is all.

jAkUp
12-17-05, 11:03 AM
I would like to see the return of Scan Line Interweave mode :)

|MaguS|
12-17-05, 11:27 AM
Better and more efficient rendering methods.

OWA
12-17-05, 12:07 PM
- Being able to specify what monitor to run the game on in the game-specific profiles.

- Show the load balancer in all modes when vsync is enabled just to make it easier to verify SLI is actually working.

SH64
12-17-05, 12:28 PM
Quad GPU support :D

Sazar
12-17-05, 12:38 PM
Ability to withstand semen.

jAkUp
12-17-05, 12:40 PM

hahahaha

superklye
12-17-05, 01:15 PM
oh man...nice play!

I'd love to see multimonitor support whilst in SLI mode. I want to see the unified memory bank or whatever as well.

I want the performance of SLI 8800 GTXs to be DOUBLE the performance (or more) of a single 8800 GTX. You're paying for two cards, you should get twice the performance.

HDR + FSAA

Higher (quality and samples of) FSAA.

32x AF

SH64
12-17-05, 01:19 PM
Hmmm SLI HDR+AA .. like one card renders the AA samples & the other take care of the HDR rendering ?

TierMann
12-17-05, 01:20 PM
Quad GPU support is allready there. (hardware and drivers)

Choosing a monitor in profiles would be cool. It's a driver issue though and I think that would make a nice addition to forceware for SLI and just single card, multi-display users.

Load balancer again sounds like a software issue though.

What Retsam was saying though about unified memory sounds cool, but I don't know how that would work since the basics of SLI say it can't. That's also why I don't work for nVidia I guess.

What I would like to see is no more clumbsy bridge. It should be a part of the mobo with a bios option and maybe an extra leg on the pci-e card/slot more towards the plate to handle it. Maybe it could be PCI-EE (extended). The cards would work with older PCI-E connections but couldn't be SLI'd because there's no bridge connector. Or even better just a seperate bridge for those legs for full backwards compatability.

superklye
12-17-05, 01:25 PM
Hmmm SLI HDR+AA .. like one card renders the AA samples & the other take care of the HDR rendering ?
Yeah, I didn't even think of that...that would be GENIUS to see the cards switch off on tasks like that.

It would be really cool to set load balances per card, like this too, in the drivers or something. So one card does, in FEAR let's say, all the AA, AF and lighting and water, while the other takes care of softshadows, volumetric fog and whatever else is left. That way, they're working independently but still sharing info, instead of both being killed by everything.

Is that possible? I have no idea, but damn, it would be sweet.

SH64
12-17-05, 01:30 PM
Yeah i too have no idea how possible is that. it will be really sweet but might need a lot of syncing between the GPUs i guess ..

maha_x
12-17-05, 01:36 PM
AGP - PCIe combination would have been cool... With AGP - PCIe Nforce. But I guess it's useless now...

OWA
12-17-05, 01:42 PM
Yeah, HDR+AA with the load split among the cards is a good one. That would be cool.

retsam
12-17-05, 03:11 PM
ya, that is a great idea. HDR+AA wow i wonder if nvidia is working on something like that.