PDA

View Full Version : SOUND BLASTER X-Fi Fatal1ty crashing my system, need help.

N.H.B
12-17-05, 01:28 PM
Guys Im running WinXP pro 64 bit with the Fatal1ty card and ever since I downloaded the lastest 64 bit drivers off of creatives site my systems crashes, sometimes I see the blue screen of death and sometimes not, either way my system reboots.

I have disabled the onboard sound in BIOS. I have tried deleting the downloaded drivers off creatives site from my pc and using the cd that came with the card (I think the cd is 32 bit???) but my system crashed while installing them. So I reboot back into windows and go to any music site like yahoo or blastro and if I watch a video my system crashes, seems the problem is audio related. Before I installed any drivers whether off creatives site or from my cd my system didnt crash.

Any ideas whats going on?, any issues with this card? any issues with this card on a 64 bit system?:confused:

superklye
12-17-05, 01:29 PM
I can't comment for sure, because I'm not using x64, but aren't those drivers still beta? I think jAk would be better help here since he's got x64 and the FATAL1TY...sorry man. :(

LBJM
12-17-05, 03:18 PM
the drivers on the cd are 32bit only of course your system wouldn't like it if you tried using those. the x64 drivers are beta so if they work thats great. I haven't tested the card in x64 yet.

N.H.B
12-18-05, 01:18 PM
Guys Im NOW running WinXP pro 32 bit with the Fatal1ty card on my other set of Raptors (on the nforce4 chipset) and ever since I downloaded the lastest 32 bit drivers off of creatives site my systems crashes, sometimes I see the blue screen of death and sometimes not, either way my system reboots.

I have disabled the onboard sound in BIOS. I downloaded the Fatal1ty 32 bit WinXP from creatives site but have not used the cd (yet) but I dont think this is an issue of using the cd 32 bit drivers or the 32 bit drivers off creatives site I think this sound card just has an issue with my nforce4 MB. I know the Fatality card wasnt reported as one of the X-FI cards to have issues with the nforce4 chipset but what else can this be? Same thing, I go to any music site like yahoo or blastro and if I watch a video my system crashes, seems the problem is audio related. Before I installed any drivers whether off creatives site or from my cd my system didnt crash.

Any ideas whats going on?, any issues with this card? any issues with this card on a 32 bit system?

OWA
12-18-05, 01:44 PM
It works fine with my nforce4 board. I've used the Xtreme Music and Fatal1ty versions with the ASUS A8N-SLI Premium without any issues. With the Abit Fatal1ty nforce4 board, I initially had problems getting the Xtreme Music to work with it. It would blue screen during boot every time. I had to remove the card and flash the motherboard bios to the latest version. After that, things were fine. Both systems are running XP-32. I started with the drivers on the CD on both systems but did upgrade to the latest a little while after they were released. It all went smoothly.

N.H.B
12-18-05, 01:52 PM
I wish I could think of a setting wrong somewhere or something not enabled or disabled, Im getting short on ideas.

OWA
12-18-05, 02:12 PM
Have you checked to see if there are any newer bioses for your motherboard? I'd also remove everything and try the drivers off the CD also although, like you mentioned, it's probably not that. It's easy enough to rule that out though so I'd still give it a shot.

Also, you might want to try the clean sweep procedure. This is part of the process mentioned in the Quake 4 forum (crash to desktop fix).

http://ask.americas.creative.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=ww_english,Company={CEAE216D-8719-4C00-AC9F-03BC258F7B70},VARSET=ws:http://us.creative.com,case=1712

N.H.B
12-18-05, 02:36 PM
Have you checked to see if there are any newer bioses for your motherboard? I'd also remove everything and try the drivers off the CD also although, like you mentioned, it's probably not that. It's easy enough to rule that out though so I'd still give it a shot.

Also, you might want to try the clean sweep procedure. This is part of the process mentioned in the Quake 4 forum (crash to desktop fix).

http://ask.americas.creative.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=ww_english,Company={CEAE216D-8719-4C00-AC9F-03BC258F7B70},VARSET=ws:http://us.creative.com,case=1712

All my drivers are current.

N.H.B
12-19-05, 06:06 PM
Guys my 7800 video cards and fatal1ty card are both sharing IRQ 16, could this be the problem why I get the BSOD or freeze?, but no matter what I either reboot or get rebooted.

Do I need to enable 'Interrupt 19 Capture' in bios? It says "Allows option ROMs to trap interrupt 19. This is required by some pci cards that provide a ROM based setup utility". Do I need this enabled for the Fatal1ty card?

Spyke
12-20-05, 02:31 PM
He asked if your BIOS was up to date, which has nothing to do with drivers.

N.H.B
12-20-05, 03:52 PM
Yes my bios is current.

Superfly
12-20-05, 04:15 PM
You can assign the IRQ's manually via your BIOs but TBh I doubt thats the isue - my 68GT has always shared an IRQ with my Audigy2 on both systems they've been installed in.

IRQ sharing used to be an issue - tis no longer the devil some would have you believe

OWA
12-20-05, 04:55 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't disable ACPI and try to manually assign IRQs. IRQ sharing is fine these days. My X-Fi is sharing with the graphics card.

HYBRID
12-26-05, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't disable ACPI and try to manually assign IRQs. IRQ sharing is fine these days. My X-Fi is sharing with the graphics card.

OWA just a quick question.

I have the same board you have in your sig (Asus A8NSLI premium) and was wondering which bios revision you flashed to since I have a compusa gift card, and was thinking of picking up the X-FI not sure which version yet maybe the Fatal1ty or the musicxtreme.

I read so many horror stroies regarding this sound board, and nforce chipsets but it looks like your has no issue sine your bios falsh..
thanks in advance.