PDA

View Full Version : New Case and WC'ing!

jAkUp
12-19-05, 01:29 AM
Something I have been wanting to do for a long time... just ordered a Lian Li PC65B and a Swiftech set with the new Apogee water block... :D

http://www.swiftnets.com/assets/images/products/apogee/APOGEE.gif

Thinking about the DFI-SLI eXpert and 1KW PSU right now... I definetely want the board, but the PSU... gonna think about it some more :)

Infinity666
12-19-05, 01:34 AM
Hey need a slightly used kidney too I got one just lying around inside of me maybe you could buy that too. Jk....(xmassign)

AthlonXP1800
12-19-05, 02:03 AM
WHAT??? You think of getting $459 (http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=100340&AFFIL=pricewatch&NR=1) 1KW PSU?

I think it not worthy get one, you will be better off with 800W for less than $100 if you can find one. You really dont need 1KW at the moment, probably in 2 years time as well prices will come down and also other companies like Antec could make 1KW PSU.

marqmajere
12-19-05, 02:06 AM
I recently bought the Lian Li PC65B. Best case I've ever owned. :)

marqmajere
12-19-05, 02:07 AM
WHAT??? You think of getting $459 (http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=100340&AFFIL=pricewatch&NR=1) 1KW PSU?

I think it not worthy get one, you will be better off with 800W for less than $100 if you can find one. You really dont need 1KW at the moment, probably in 2 years time as well prices will come down and also other companies like Antec could make 1KW PSU.

So why do you have 4 gigs of ram again? :confused:

Fotis
12-19-05, 04:32 AM
Jakup, have you considered the Asus A8N32 SLI Deluxe?

Superfly
12-19-05, 04:41 AM

LOL - so true, sometimes its just because we can and thats all that matters........ (cheers)

AthlonXP1800
12-19-05, 04:41 AM

4GB for XP x64 Edition heavy multi-tasking while playing game, 2GB wasnt enough. 4GB will became the normal when people will install Windows Vista next year. To me 1KW for today is far too much, it generate lots of electricity and dont forget the running cost, in fact here in UK it cost 11 pence per KW each hour, with average 10 hours PC usage will cost 1.10 each day and if leave PC on 24 hours to downloading stuffs or do number crunching programs like SETI@Home etc will cost 2.64 per day. If you leave it running on all day for a month, it will cost you 79.20 on the electricity bill, my parent paid average 85 electricity bill each month.

Can you imagine 150/$300 monthly electricity bill? No way I cant afford it!

|MaguS|
12-19-05, 05:02 AM

Not that expensive (compared to a 1K PSU) and if he multitask's alot or does any graphics on his rig it will help out alot. Or if hes really a bad coder and can't find memory leaks very well. ^^

911medic
12-19-05, 07:21 AM
To me 1KW for today is far too much, it generate lots of electricity and dont forget the running costCorrect me if I'm wrong, but isn't it true that just because a PSU has the capacity to generate a certain wattage, it doesn't mean it's drawing that wattage from the outlet all the time it's on, right? My Antec 430W PSU isn't like having a 430W light bulb on the entire time my PC is on. I see plenty of power consumption tests done on PC's where they check the draw at the outlet (with different video cards, for example), and an idle PC consumes different power than the PSU is rated for. Even under load, it doesn't draw the full PSU wattage.

If this is correct, the argument that a 1KW PSU is too expensive to run is invalid. If Jakup wants to spend the $$$ to purchase one, he won't go broke running it (until his PC consumes more wattage, anyway).

Back on-topic, Jakup, I've been eyeing up a Swiftech setup for some time now; just can't justify the $200 for it....yet.

SH64
12-19-05, 09:26 AM
Why the 1KW PSU ?? i think 680W should be more than enough for at least a year ahead.

Superfly
12-19-05, 09:41 AM
1KW is daft - you do know the vast majority of that power would be wasted excess right????

also think about poor planet earth and try not to use more power than you need.......food for thought.

wheeljack12
12-19-05, 11:02 AM
guys, if you had the cash to future proof the pc so far along you wouldn't have to think consciously about it for a long time, wouldn't you?

jAkUp
12-19-05, 11:32 AM
Yes, most of the power would definetely be wasted. But it does have tighter rails, and it has the 8 pin connector which I want :) Like I said I'm only considering it, I dunno if I'm gonna do it or not. It is only $40 over the 850... Well, with that being said does anyone know how much power a typical water pump takes?

I did consider the A8N32, since it does have dual 16x slots, however, the Asus boards are just too limited on voltages for my tastes :) The main reason I want the board is because I do not like my cards riding each other... they are just too close.

Since Frozen CPU has 1c shipping, I took advantage of that and ordered all this stuff that weighs a ton :D haha, I saved like $100 on shipping! :D