PDA

View Full Version : Fatal1ty Mouse Preview

Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
12-19-05, 04:36 PM
http://esports.ampednews.com/?page=articles&id=6501

The significant difference in silhouette that separates the Fatal1ty 1010 from Logitech's primitive three-button can be seen when looking closely at the back and side portions of the mouse. By chopping off the back of the tail, the palm no longer functions as a point of contact which emphasizes the use of your arm when controlling the device. To compliment this motion, the right side of the mouse features a lowered groove which forces your little finger to touch the mousepad at all times. This effect, referred to as the "DragZone," provides constant awareness regardless of vision by turning the mousepad into a point of reference. For example, when moving your mouse across 3" of table, your finger has a better idea of how far you've travelled if it it is actually on the pad rather than hanging off of the mouse. 2004 Halo World Champion Jeffery ‘Wat? Kron’ Burke sat down with the mouse for two hours without any instruction and commented that his wrist felt surprisingly limber, adding that “[he] felt like he could go another ten hours.” Italian gamer Alessandro ‘stermy’ Avallone (pictured to left), a recently selected “F-Player,” expressed similar sentiment but had a difficult time adjusting to the grip initially.

Superfly
12-19-05, 04:51 PM
that actually sounds pretty cool - some proper inovation for a change (and its small!!!!!!!) which is good as I hate the size of the Logitechs.

Quote:

the Fatal1ty 1010 is the first gaming mouse built from scratch from the ground up with a professional gamer’s input.

^^ gotta be worth a look if you ask me!! - January the 15th might have to be new mouse day.

superklye
12-19-05, 05:07 PM
Man, this guy is SUCH a sell out. I'm so jealous. :(

Burpy
12-19-05, 05:59 PM
http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/3693/fat1010breakout4gc.gif

I'm in the market for a new mouse & plan on getting this
one if there are no major issues.. going to wait for some reviews.

This mouse reminds me of the old Logitech wingman.. which is a good thing. :luv:

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2863/logitechwingmangaming4sx.gif

jAkUp
12-19-05, 06:04 PM
We need SLI mice :D

leca
12-19-05, 06:05 PM
I would like to see Fatal1ty use this mouse for every event/competition he competes in from now on.

If not, the mouse is flawed. (xmastong)

anyway it looks "alright" imo (xmasmile)

Sazar
12-19-05, 07:58 PM
/me wants back/front buttons.

I like the idea but, while the opinions on the logitech mouse are interesting, I like my mx1000 :cool:

Riptide
12-19-05, 08:14 PM
/me wants back/front buttons.Ditto. That's one of the things I love about my MX510. The two little buttons on the left side are in just the perfect spot for me. Very handy in CSS to have one of those set for communication and the other for use/disarm.

Zelda_fan
12-19-05, 08:18 PM
Man, this guy is SUCH a sell out. I'm so jealous. :(

I will never buy any fata1ty crap.

Rakeesh
12-19-05, 08:22 PM
Yeah, everytime I see fatal1ty written on something, I generally write it off as being an overhyped product that probably is overpriced as well. So far that has held true on all such products.

superklye
12-19-05, 08:36 PM
I will never buy any fata1ty crap.
Agreed.

Yeah, everytime I see fatal1ty written on something, I generally write it off as being an overhyped product that probably is overpriced as well. So far that has held true on all such products.
Agreed.

EDIT: The only exception being the X-Fi. But that's because that card rocks all the way around.

Sazar
12-19-05, 08:37 PM
Ditto. That's one of the things I love about my MX510. The two little buttons on the left side are in just the perfect spot for me. Very handy in CSS to have one of those set for communication and the other for use/disarm.

Exactly. I am too used to the buttons to ever move to something which doesn't have em. i.e the g7. That and the crappy battery life.

It's like they fix one thing to make it awesome and fubar 10 other things lol, reminds me of ati's drivers sometimes :angel:

keith33
12-19-05, 08:49 PM
I'm sure this mouse is ergonomic or whatever but it just looks ass ugly and fat to me. I'll look at one at Best Buy when it comes but from initial views, not loving that shape. Not to mention the 26g weight going on, holy tits, that's huge! Whatever happened to gradual changes!

slick
12-19-05, 08:54 PM
Am I the only one that thinks that mouse looks horribly UGLY?

marqmajere
12-19-05, 09:31 PM
The guy looks like a child molester.

zoomy942
12-19-05, 09:56 PM
i cant say enough about my laser mouse 6000. i have fallen in love with mice that have the buttons for frton/back on the 2 sides of the mouse. i.e. mx310, and MS laser mouse 6000. i'm never gonna look back.

and yeah, this mouse looks really ugly, and i avoid any fatality item. hence, i bought the abit sli NON-fatality version

wheeljack12
12-19-05, 10:31 PM
it doesn't even keep up DPI wise with G5 or the Copperhead. The thing that would suck for Fatal1ty is that he is stuck with his endorsed products to use.

superklye
12-19-05, 10:34 PM
I wonder if that guy even uses any of the stuff with his name on it. The X-Fi...eh...if I'm going to spend $280+ on a soundcard, I may as well go all the way and drop another $100 or so to get the top-of-the-line.

They should force him to use all the crap he endorses just to see how good he really is with this crap.

|MaguS|
12-20-05, 01:18 AM
It looks very uncomfortable, I love my Copperhead. Its sleak and fits so nicely in my hand (I have small hands). I can't even imagine how annoying a 3 button mouse would feel... loooks very fat.

keith33
12-20-05, 05:05 AM
The guy looks like a child molester.
He was staring me down pretty hard through the computer screen. (xmasmile)

Superfly
12-20-05, 05:10 AM
i cant say enough about my laser mouse 6000. i have fallen in love with mice that have the buttons for frton/back on the 2 sides of the mouse. i.e. mx310, and MS laser mouse 6000. i'm never gonna look back.

and yeah, this mouse looks really ugly, and i avoid any fatality item. hence, i bought the abit sli NON-fatality version

I have the MS6000 too - because of its shape mainly.

ViN86
12-20-05, 03:27 PM
resolution changer? thats queer, how many ppl (especially with insane rigs, that buy expensive mice) need that? with native resolutions on LCD's you would think most ppl would game and browse at a single res (well, i do anyways)

an "on-the-fly" sensitivity button would be more convenient.

superklye
12-20-05, 03:50 PM
resolution changer? thats queer, how many ppl (especially with insane rigs, that buy expensive mice) need that? with native resolutions on LCD's you would think most ppl would game and browse at a single res (well, i do anyways)

an "on-the-fly" sensitivity button would be more convenient.
How is the on-the-fly button you speak of any different than the resolution changer? And you know it's the DPI resolution, not the monitor resolution, right?

At least, I hope that's what it is. I didn't actually read anything about this mouse, I just assmed that's the resolution they referred to when I saw it, since that's what the G5 and Razor mice have.

CainSyris
12-20-05, 06:01 PM
So he makes a mouse that handles worse, has worse DPI (and no you can't just make it CPI because you like it) than the other gaming mice x-treme, and has less useful buttons for day to day mouse use, too.

Hm. Wow. Fatal1ty is really making sure his name goes down in history as the stuff of trash.

nemecb
12-21-05, 09:42 AM
One of those pictures reminds me of those unbelievably awful Mac puck mice. The only other mouse that cramped my hand as fast as those was one of the uber-small laptop mice that is not intended to be used for very long. I hope for everyone's sake that this is a lot more comfortable than it looks.