PDA

View Full Version : PSU placement, how close is to close?

bugmage
12-20-05, 07:49 PM
I recently bought this http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustRatingReview.asp?Item=N82E16817189003

for a custom plexiglass case im building

Im wondering how close can i get this to my mobo? right now i have a aspire cube and the psu sits right over my 6800 gs w/o any problems so im assuming they dont give off much radiation in fact it touches the grafics card in some spots :)

inorder to get my case as small as possible i was going to sit it right over my ram

say a inch difference, what do you guys think? 2 close?

(dont worry about heat)

also i have a wd and 2 deskstars do hd give off a lot of radiation??? im watercooling everything and i migth try to mount a hd over the cpu because of the low profile cooling block

Clay
12-20-05, 08:50 PM
Do you have a Geiger counter? :p The only radiation I would worry about is radiant heat but since you're not worried about heat I'd say you have nothing else to worry about. :)

bugmage
12-20-05, 09:43 PM
well i wasnt sure if Electro mag radiation could screw with the ram, like holding a magnet up to a hardrives or something, even thought thats a myth i think

Clay
12-20-05, 10:00 PM
well i wasnt sure if Electro mag radiation could screw with the ram, like holding a magnet up to a hardrives or something, even thought thats a myth i thinkYeah I know what you mean. You'll be fine, take a look at some SFF cases and you'll feel better. :)