PDA

View Full Version : King Kong... 2?

kev13dd
12-21-05, 04:52 AM
http://www.playfuls.com/news_4343_The_King_Aint_Dead_Long_Live_King_Kong_2 .html

Anyone who have the game have any idea what it's talking about? I can't imagine they'd try and milk more money out of something that for 70 years has remained sequeless

K

Edge
12-21-05, 05:54 AM
King Kong 2: Son of Kong? Well in any case, it wouldn't surprise me, although it would be odd to see a game that's based on a movie get a sequel when the sequel wouldn't be based on a movie (err, does that make sense?).

I can't imagine they'd try and milk more money out of something that for 70 years has remained sequeless
Lord of the Rings: Third Age, anyone ;)

pliflier
12-21-05, 08:22 AM
That's really good news for me(xmasgrin)

KingKong is a great game but regrettably has poor graphics~~hopefully they'll use a brand new engine to creat the sequel(xmassign)

agentkay
12-21-05, 10:18 AM
The game (KK1) has an alternative ending where he doesn´t die. Maybe KK2 will be based with that ending in mind.

Edge
12-21-05, 09:33 PM
KingKong is a great game but regrettably has poor graphics~~hopefully they'll use a brand new engine to creat the sequel(xmassign)
Der? I thought the graphics were fairly impressive, considering it was more or less a PS2 port. And the Gamer's Edition/Xbox 360 version does look very nice, I'd like to see a sequel that uses that engine exclusively (but I doubt that will be the case, since not many PC owners have hardware that could run it).

kev13dd
12-21-05, 09:55 PM
Der? I thought the graphics were fairly impressive, considering it was more or less a PS2 port. And the Gamer's Edition/Xbox 360 version does look very nice, I'd like to see a sequel that uses that engine exclusively (but I doubt that will be the case, since not many PC owners have hardware that could run it).

Ya, I just installed King Kong 1 on my PC and I'm amazed how good it performs and how great it looks for running on my FX5900

K

pliflier
12-21-05, 11:02 PM
Impressive??no kidin~~blury texture,low ploy model,fake lighting/shadow and some very simple DX8 shader effects.i dont think this game is a PS2 port,as seems the engine they used was still the one they used to developed POP1(and the whole series)

For the gamer's edi,it looks good,but not that great compared to FEAR/Q4/SCCT ect. moreover, it's performance is horrific~lagy even on extreme high end PC

anticitizenzero
12-24-05, 01:36 PM
All I had to do was play the demo of this game to realize it was pretty much crap. Maybe the graphics are impressive on consoles, but for PC, thier marginal at best.