PDA

View Full Version : PB Coming to COD2

jAkUp
12-21-05, 01:18 PM
Santa Monica, CA – Dec. 21, 2005 – Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) and Infinity Ward today announced plans to release new multiplayer maps as part of a Call of Duty® 2 Windows® PC update that will also include PunkBuster™ anti-cheat software and additional support enhancements. The download is currently scheduled for release in early 2006 and will be available at www.callofduty.com.

“Our team at Infinity Ward is committed to supporting Call of Duty fans,” said Grant Collier, president, Infinity Ward. “We’ve worked hard to deliver the most epic and immersive experience ever with Call of Duty 2 and look forward to delivering new content such as multiplayer maps, tools and anti-cheat software that will further enhance the gameplay experience.”

(xmassign)

ENU291
12-21-05, 01:51 PM
Hurray!!!

Gaco
12-21-05, 02:27 PM
Sweet :D

|JuiceZ|
12-21-05, 03:07 PM
Looks like some good came of that "boycott" (rudolf)

Mr_LoL
12-21-05, 04:53 PM
Good. What I dont understand is why didnt they include it in the first place. The only thing I am thinking is time constraints.

jAkUp
12-21-05, 04:57 PM
I think maybe they didn't plan on having it. Because of the demands of the community they added it later.

Slyder
12-22-05, 01:02 AM
About god damn time. (bud)

Finally I can start playing it online... (xmasgrin)

johnkeel105
12-22-05, 03:03 AM
Well its good to find this out. Someone on the IW Nation forums did a comparison between this game and Quake 4. While both have been out almost the same amount of time and both are Activision games Quake 4 has gotten all the support. With its various patches and even a mappack including modding tools. They have gotten everything for their community while all of us COD 2 players get nothing. Seems to me that Activision is playing favorites. Oh Well at least its coming!

LiquidX
12-22-05, 08:44 AM
Well its good to find this out. Someone on the IW Nation forums did a comparison between this game and Quake 4. While both have been out almost the same amount of time and both are Activision games Quake 4 has gotten all the support. With its various patches and even a mappack including modding tools. They have gotten everything for their community while all of us COD 2 players get nothing. Seems to me that Activision is playing favorites. Oh Well at least its coming!

I dont think that has anything to do with Activision, these are two separate games with two separate teams so I dont think support for one or the other intertwine at all. Unless Activision is the only one that can authorize stuff of this sort.

ClosetFanBoy
12-22-05, 10:30 AM
bout the only thing pb is good for is stopping the n00b cheaters and hardware banning, while costly, most just go out and buy a new hd and nic anyways and are right back at it. im sure it will cut down a percentage of cheaters, but for the most part im a left with a big whoopdee fricking doo.

jAkUp
12-22-05, 11:29 AM
PB does hardware bans? AFAIK it doesn't do hardware bans... and plus, if they cheat with the new HD, they will be banned again. PB is good at catching most of the cheaters.

$n][pErMan
12-22-05, 04:56 PM
PB does hardware bans? AFAIK it doesn't do hardware bans... and plus, if they cheat with the new HD, they will be banned again. PB is good at catching most of the cheaters.
hopefully its not as gay as PB for BF2. It seems to always update when im playing and kicks me out of the game to update .. gay gay gay! It should update while you sit idle browsing for servers or wait till the round is over at least.

Sazar
12-22-05, 05:41 PM
I thought this thread was about playboy :angel:

jAkUp
12-22-05, 05:46 PM
You wish it was :)

Sazar
12-22-05, 05:51 PM
Yes, I actually did :angel:

ClosetFanBoy
12-22-05, 08:25 PM
lol your right jak they dont, and the new hd doesnt work....... :wonder:

Son Goku
12-22-05, 11:20 PM
Yes, I actually did :angel:

But if the Babe thread could get us in trouble with some conservative forums out there...just imagine what a Playboy thread would do to our rep :eek:

nVestor
12-23-05, 11:42 AM
Hopefully it is legit and they do come through. I honestly could see them saying this to sell a few more copies just before Xmas. It would be great for our server, clan and the community should this be true. Should it not... (mikec)

Slyder
01-02-06, 03:51 AM
Any news on when the patch is going to be released... (xmasmile)

rudedog
01-02-06, 06:31 AM
PB's site has announced the news that PB will be included in a patch for COD2.

However, IW is being very cryptic regarding which patch and when said patch will be released.

They state early o6 for the next patch release, but don't exactly state that PB will be included with this patch... go figure.