PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Nvidia!

Tabs
12-21-05, 08:14 PM
For finally fixing the FS2004 7 series issue - I can wholeheartedly support and recommend this card again to my fellow simmers!

BLOODUK
12-21-05, 08:15 PM
I must admit they fix things that need to be fixed...

unlike ati drivers whereby they fix things that only 2% of the worlds population
actually use :d

Superfly
12-22-05, 02:58 AM
Lots of nice fixes for Forum members in this new set - Im pleased for you guys.

Player2
12-22-05, 04:24 AM
For finally fixing the FS2004 7 series issue - I can wholeheartedly support and recommend this card again to my fellow simmers!

Except for the lack of angle independent AF! I understand it cannot be enabled in our 6&7xxx cards and that it may find its way back in 1qrt 06 but with all the great speed we get and other "new" goodies (like back door tripple buffer for DX) the image IQ of AF just bumms me...anyhow...

Trying out new drivers on a few cards....:)

rewt
12-22-05, 08:00 PM
with all the great speed we get and other "new" goodies (like back door tripple buffer for DX)

Triple buffer in DirectX? Through the drivers? How?!

Player2
12-23-05, 12:21 AM
Triple buffer in DirectX? Through the drivers? How?!

Sorry Rewt, didn't mean to mislead as it is not through drivers but >DXtweaker<.

rewt
12-23-05, 12:33 AM
Ah yes that is what I figured you meant.

Too bad nVIDIA doesn't put this feature in the driver though :(

jolle
12-23-05, 04:27 AM
I thought MS or something dissallows forcing TB in drivers.. dunno if its the Windows Driver model or DirectX or where the "bann" is, but I got some vague memory of someone saying that.. it does atleast explain why both ATi and nVidia allows forcing TB in OpenGL, but neither in D3d..

Peoples-Agent
12-23-05, 08:34 AM
I second the thank you, very good of you to keep working to get these out just for Xmas, most companies tend to shut down a week or two before Xmas and not bother.

OWA
12-23-05, 10:01 AM
It was the only major issue I had so I appreciate the fix as well.

I thought MS or something dissallows forcing TB in drivers.. dunno if its the Windows Driver model or DirectX or where the "bann" is, but I got some vague memory of someone saying that.. it does atleast explain why both ATi and nVidia allows forcing TB in OpenGL, but neither in D3d..
I'm not sure of this but I've seen some say that you can't force triple buffering in D3D and pass WHQL.

agerardi
12-23-05, 12:24 PM
I second that. FS2004 runs beautifully now.

Tks

MikeC
12-26-05, 12:40 AM
NVIDIA's Driver Teams are second to none. (xmastree)

GamerGuyX
12-26-05, 01:02 AM
NVIDIA's Driver Teams are second to none. (xmastree)

How much did you get paid to say that? (xmastong) :angel:

MikeC
12-26-05, 01:17 AM
How much did you get paid to say that? (xmastong) :angel:

They pay me off with good drivers to download at the NVIDIA site like the rest of you. (snowlol)