PDA

View Full Version : Older PS2 and GC games.

Namrok
12-22-05, 09:13 AM
Having exhausted nearly the entire obvious A-List of older, preplayed, and most importantly cheap PS2 and GC games, I was wondering if anyone had any input on some of these ones, and perhaps a few of their own.

Space Channel 5
Aqua Aqua
Tetris Worlds
Armor Core 3
Cubivore
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Dark Cloud 2
Tales of Symphonia
Mojo!
Stretch Panic
Ikaruga (if I can manage to find it for less that $30, I know its rare, but damn!)

saturnotaku
12-22-05, 09:20 AM
If you're interested in Ikaruga, add Gradius V to your list. It's a PS2 side scroller from the same developer.

|MaguS|
12-22-05, 10:21 AM
I love Ikaruga, I own it on the GC and DC. Its a HARD Shooter but so amazing.

Tales of Symphonia is "ok" not great but not bad at all. Its a good fit in the Tales series. Stretch Panic is just wierd, If you have ever played a Treasure title then you know what to expect.

Dark Cloud 2 is a HUGE improvement over the original and is just awsome. I had tons of fun playing the game.

I would recommend trying ICO, Shadow of Colossus, R-Type Final, Gradius V, Katamari Series, Rygar and Drakan.

Mr. Hunt
12-22-05, 11:39 AM
Drakengard is fun... but it is a ton of hacking and slashing, so if you get tired of repition quickly, you might not want it... but it would last you a pretty long while (there are like 6 endings and a ton of weapons to unlock). Probably around 20 bucks right now.

|MaguS|
12-22-05, 11:53 AM
If you want Dragon Riding and adventure, get Drakan... Far better then Drakengard IMO.

Namrok
12-22-05, 12:35 PM
Yeah, the thing I love about these older games is I get one for $10, $15, maybe even $20, and if it's not that good, or I get bored, so what. It's better than throwing $50 away on a game which really wasn't for you. In time I'll probably try all these games.

Mr. Hunt
12-22-05, 02:54 PM
Well if you don't already have Metal Gear Solid 3... get that... probably 15 or 20 bucks and it is awesome.

Devil May Cry 1 is probably around 20 bucks (or less) and that game is freaking fun (although a bit difficult).

And Magus... I disagree with you... I enjoyed Drakan... but I loved the extreme simplicity of Drakengard and I loved using Hymir's Finger to destroy everything... but I am a Berserk fan... so it might have to do with that also ;).

Namrok
12-28-05, 09:09 AM
Yeah, already played all the MGS's, and Devil May Cry just seemed like crap to me after playing God of War. I felt like I was constantly fighting the bad camera angles and sloppy controls instead of the enemies. When 90% of my strategy for boss fights is just FINDING a camera angle that works, where I can see whats happening and not get stuck on walls that went opaque, something is VERY wrong. And the fact that it had no block button (at least none that I could find) blew my roommates mind. He's beat Ninja Gaiden and in his words "Even Ninja Gaiden had a block button!" I donno, maybe the game is just too Japanese for my taste.

Ended up ordering Drakengard, Dark Cloud 2, Star Ocean: Till The End of Time, and Demon Stone, all for a combined $56, and that included tax and shipping.

|MaguS|
12-28-05, 09:25 AM
And Magus... I disagree with you... I enjoyed Drakan... but I loved the extreme simplicity of Drakengard and I loved using Hymir's Finger to destroy everything... but I am a Berserk fan... so it might have to do with that also ;).

Blah if you are a Berserker fan then get Sword of Berserk: Guts Rage for the Dreamcast. Its a game based of the Berserk Manga and is just brutal with the blood and the slashing...

Namrok
12-28-05, 09:31 AM
Blah if you are a Berserker fan then get Sword of Berserk: Guts Rage for the Dreamcast. Its a game based of the Berserk Manga and is just brutal with the blood and the slashing...

I love Berserk too. If only I had a Dreamcast, or if they'd bring over the new (and rather sweet looking) PS2 Berserk game. *sigh*

Edit: And then because I'm bored at work, I found this...
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/giveusberserk

|MaguS|
12-28-05, 09:34 AM
My friend imported it, Its awsome. I just wish I could run it but I don't use Modchips. My friend has a Japanese PS2 (He bought it when he went to visit his grandmother in Japan).

Mr. Hunt
12-28-05, 01:17 PM
Yeah... I love the Sword of Berserk and I so wish I could get the PS2 Berserk game... but Drakengard was so simple it was fun... I loved slaughtering thousands of soldiers non stop... although those archers pissed me the hell off.