PDA

View Full Version : No audio device - Widows XP

Euphoria
12-23-05, 04:42 AM
I just got the DFI Lan Party UT-NF4 Ultra D Mother board, and I installed everything, but I can not get the sound to work.
I have the audigy 2 zs, and under device manager it shows that the device is properly installed but when I go to Control Panel -> Sound and Audio Devices, everything is grayed out and it says no audio device.

This is the first time I've gotten a problem like this.
Even when I took the Audigy out and tryed to use the Motherboard AC97 sound device, it gave me the same problem. Device manager says that device is working properly but sound devices under control panel shows no so und devices available.

PLease help!

Euphoria
12-23-05, 10:59 AM
(mikec) bump..... Anyone (snowman)

Euphoria
12-23-05, 05:37 PM
Hey I will give $20.00 for who ever helps me fix this problem. I really need my sound back

Thanks!

retsam
12-23-05, 05:51 PM
try and run the add new hardware wizard and see if it finds anything.

Euphoria
12-23-05, 07:11 PM
I tryed that. When I uninstall the card, and then to harware search it finds new hardware. I then install the drivers and in Device Manger everything seems to be ok, but whn I go in Control Panel -> Audio Devices everything is greyed out.

I tryed reinstaling the chipset drivers, reinstalling three different creative audigy 2zs drivers and still nothing, I know its either windows or driver issu but can not fix it. I saw bunch of people on Google with simular problems but after a while none of them has posted back so I have no idea if theyve fixed tehir problem or not.

Actually I'll give $20.00 plus Prince of Persia: Sands of Time to who ever helps me.

I cant use the motherboard AC97 sound device nor the Audigy 2zs. In both cases I have the same problem, so I think it has to be Windows XP bug, I just am trying to find out how to fix it,

Infinity666
12-23-05, 07:34 PM
Are You using the installer that came on the disc? if not uninstall the card and pop in the disc. Also did you disable the onboard in the bios?

Also try moving the card to a different pci slot

Euphoria
12-24-05, 04:24 AM
Yep I tried all of that. I even took the card out and try to use only the onboard ac97 device, and I got the same problem.... Device Manager says my device is wokring properly but whn I go to Audio Device setting everythng is greyed out...

Aaargh!!! ...