PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Demos Stations switched off

kev13dd
12-23-05, 12:49 PM
Well, I hate shopping. But yesterday I had to go shopping for my girlfriend and my dad, so I spent about 8 hours at the mall and going around town

Every single shop that I went into, had their Xbox 360 demo station turned off. Even Best Buy. I think I saw about 5 in all. And none of them were turned on. The PS2 and Xbox1 demo stations were all on, but the Xbox 360 one stood there with its HDTV turned off all alone...

Anyone else notice this, or is it just my crappy town. Cause it seems to me anyone who plays the demo stations comes away unimpressed. Have places turned them off to attract more sales or something?

K

Banko
12-23-05, 12:56 PM
I work at Circuit City and ours is always on.

Q
12-23-05, 01:04 PM
Walmart, Newport News VA

Just a looping demo with the controller unplugged.

Mr. Hunt
12-23-05, 01:27 PM
At our Wal-Mart, the controller is basically destroyed and doesn't work.

At a bunch of other stores I go to... the 360 is usually open to playing... I think it might have to do with the crappy demo most of them play (COD2, Kameo, and King Kong are the only playable ones on it)... MS really needs to give these stores some DVDs with a lot more demos on them.

RAY16
12-23-05, 02:26 PM
At our Wal-Mart, the controller is basically destroyed and doesn't work.

At a bunch of other stores I go to... the 360 is usually open to playing... I think it might have to do with the crappy demo most of them play (COD2, Kameo, and King Kong are the only playable ones on it)... MS really needs to give these stores some DVDs with a lot more demos on them.

That pisses me off so much. I hate how people don't take care of things just because they don't own it. Sure, it could be mostly little kids doing the damage, but the damn parents should be making sure they aren't rough with it....not to mention those controllers are usually all slimy and stinky like somebody just shoved it down their pants after walking around in 100+ temps for three hours.

Anyways, to get back to the original subject... I was at a mall here about two days ago and the Software Etc. had their demo machine up and running, I would of played it a little since I haven't played an X360 yet, but there was already two people there and I didn't feel like waiting.

six_storm
12-23-05, 02:36 PM
I think M$ made a huge mistake making a demo disc like they have. Sure it's cool to be able and play XBOX 360 games, but hey, what about the OTHER games that are out, not to mention the better games? I finally got to play PDZ at CC last week and it really floored me more than CoD2 or King Krap. I def wanna play Madden 06 and PGR3 before I go out and buy it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Mr. Hunt
12-23-05, 02:38 PM
That pisses me off so much. I hate how people don't take care of things just because they don't own it. Sure, it could be mostly little kids doing the damage, but the damn parents should be making sure they aren't rough with it....not to mention those controllers are usually all slimy and stinky like somebody just shoved it down their pants after walking around in 100+ temps for three hours.

Anyways, to get back to the original subject... I was at a mall here about two days ago and the Software Etc. had their demo machine up and running, I would of played it a little since I haven't played an X360 yet, but there was already two people there and I didn't feel like waiting.

Yeah... I remember when I was at Wal-Mart a few weeks after the DS was out and I saw the thing and the touch screen was basically mangled... looked like somebody wanted to use a knife instead of the stlyus :\.

I think M$ made a huge mistake making a demo disc like they have. Sure it's cool to be able and play XBOX 360 games, but hey, what about the OTHER games that are out, not to mention the better games? I finally got to play PDZ at CC last week and it really floored me more than CoD2 or King Krap. I def wanna play Madden 06 and PGR3 before I go out and buy it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Oh I know what you are talking about... the current demo most of the stores are running SUCKS!

MustangSVT
12-23-05, 06:36 PM
I was at Best Buy today and they had 2 units. One of them was playing PGR3 (it was the full game) and the other one had Kameo (also the full game I think). Anyway played some PGR3. Looked pretty damn sweet I must say, and it ran pretty well too. The only thing that sucked was it looked like it had no AF being used, which was kind of a disappointment.

Edge
12-23-05, 07:48 PM
My Gamestop and Walmart still had theirs on last I checked. I'm pretty sure they're turning some of them off just because of overheating concerns (those demo stations don't exactly give a lot of room for heat to disapate).

But yes, the demo discs were pretty disapointing. I don't know why Perfect Dark Zero wasn't included, or hell even Madden 2006 (since even though I hate sports games, they do draw crouds).

Slybri
12-28-05, 01:45 AM
I saw a 360 demo station at bestbuy today and it was on. The store was packed, but no one was touching it. It was just sitting there all lonely. The old xbox station was getting more action.
On a side note I also noticed the PSP games were wiped out hard. All they had left was about 50 of those "Poker Championship" games, some loose Wayne Gretskys, and a couple Death jr.s. I guess everyone who couldn't get the 360 got a PSP instead.

msxyz
12-28-05, 02:08 AM
I spent some time yesterday in a big commercial center outside Milan and I saw two demo stations running the same demo discs. It looks like people are more interested in the HDTV pictures, though .There's usually a small crowd of people staring at the screens but very few (mostly kids) dare to touch it. Other demo stations (PS2, Xbox) are usually completely ignored so this might be a good sign for Microsoft (or for Samsung, I dunno ;) )

No Xboxes 360 available, lots of PSPs on the shelves and the usual post Xmas shortage of GBA/DS and games.

FierceDeityLink
12-28-05, 09:55 PM
My EBGames was only running the attract-loop. Who cares about the DVD remote?...