PDA

View Full Version : Heavy flickering on Second Display on 7800 GTX 256

Q
12-23-05, 03:39 PM
Since upgrading to the XFX 7800 GTX (490/1300), I have had terrible flickering on the secondary monitor in my system. It occurs (at times) when I just right click on the desktop on the primary monitor. It always does when I open the NV control panel. I'm used to slight flicker when doing this (everyone does, right?), but its pretty hardcore.

I run a 19" and a 17" Samsung CRT.

It's not a physical port issue. I tired switching ports on the card and have same results. Also, I can change the primary monitor within the driver and it will always effect the secondary regardless of port.

I tried several different drivers, then wiped and reloaded. In the fresh install, I only installed the NV driver and still have this issue.

I've searched for this issue in Google and here, but have not found any relating to this specific issue. Again, this is not like the secondary port issue on the 6800 series.

I called XFX and they were clueless. I'm tempted to RMA the card...but I would really like to be able to enjoy my gaming system over holiday break. Especially since I just bought the damn card last week!

Any ideas, guys?

Gentle
12-23-05, 03:52 PM
Do you have the monitor driver files loaded?

Gentle

Q
12-23-05, 06:07 PM
I've tried Plug and Play and the device specific drivers.