PDA

View Full Version : first xbox 360 encounter

bugmage
12-23-05, 10:15 PM
SRY to the moderator but i couldent find the right place to post this n e way

My friend bought a xbox 360 the other day and I must say im disapointed.
First of all the system has only 512 mb of memory which seems week sense most games take well over a gig on computers. Also the thing gets super hot which is expected and now there recalling them(my friends was) because his or others shut off after 2 min, but what can you expect shoving that all in a little box. I played that perfect dark game in multiplayer and i must say it was a weak version of farcry with overdone lighting effects and bad textures. They has that nice BF2 things where textures become 3d when you get near them, but for example the walls were the same block of stone 1000x times. Looking at the other specs id hope they would do better to push pc companies harder and give us better and cheaper parts in the end (xmasgrin) but IDK, Its one of the first games so there will be many inprovements but for being one of there main games it looks like crap. I still love that big sphere at the end of fear, wow thats sweet looken. N E way maybe i need to play it more idk, but the armor in that game, or at least in MP is green, red, corney and plain, but shinny (thanks to that 3 core stuff and 48 pipes) yes all that hardware for some nice turtlewaxed armor eheh, ehh and also the system pisses me off because they rip off pc special effects so bad. Has anyone played quake 4 on good pc and xbox? i want to see the difference

tacos4me
12-23-05, 10:24 PM
I love mine. It does everything, I would have bought one just for all the media stuff.. network it, stream music/videos, and I can even hook up my iPod and digital camera to it. (xmasmile)

But it has games too! I could only afford one.. but Condemned is pretty damn sweet. It's so satisfying to bash all thoes bad people over the head with 2x4s, and locker doors, and axes, and hammers, and crowbars, and paper cutters, and rebar, and rebar w/ concrete.. there's lots of stuff. (snowcool)

bugmage
12-23-05, 10:25 PM
Do you do a lot of computer gamming? HL2?-crowbars FEAR?-peoples skin pealing off via plasma
2x4s rule :)

id look up condemmed if i wernt on dial up right now

whats your pc specs, no offense but the IPOD turns me off, id rather have a Iaudio or use my pda for all that stuff, much better deal, more featurs same price, no itunes

Im looking for someone with a good pc so we can get some unbiased oppinions- i admit im a little biased because i spent a lot on my computer, 1300, i was stupid about it but, ive played many pc games so i have a good reference to look at, HL2 BW2 COD2 BF2 BFront2 SSam FEAR DOOM3 QUAKE 4 UT2004 Darwinia COD Gwars bunches of others but those are the newer ones

Theres 2 types of people out there mac and windows/linux

a12ctic
12-23-05, 10:54 PM
I played it the day it came out was not impressed at all, the games lakced somehting and the graphics were good, but not as good as comp, quake 4(pc) and doom 3 beat it hands down... The smaller controller sucks ass, i want my big xbox controller back, best controller ever. Silver... why? black is much more attractive imo... Its ugly, it lacks good gameplay, and there arent any good games out for it... Why bother?

saturnotaku
12-23-05, 10:58 PM
Im looking for someone with a good pc so we can get some unbiased oppinions- i admit im a little biased because i spent a lot on my computer, 1300, i was stupid about it but, ive played many pc games so i have a good reference to look at, HL2 BW2 COD2 BF2 BFront2 SSam FEAR DOOM3 QUAKE 4 UT2004 Darwinia COD Gwars bunches of others but those are the newer ones

No, you have a very limited reference to lok at as every last one of those titles are first-person shooters. Of course those are going to be a better experience on the PC.

And we do have a console forum, by the way - it's a subset of the gaming one.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=44

tacos4me
12-23-05, 11:55 PM
Athlon64 3500+ NC @ 2.4Ghz
1GB Corsair XMS (2x512)
eVGA 7800GT @ 500/1200

Meh.. not the best, but it still plays everything with all the eye candy.

But yeah, all I play are PC games really. FEAR, css, HL2, you name it.. and I always thought I would be the last person to buy a Xbox360 and enjoy it just as much as, if not more than my PC. I was quite suprised by it, I'll definitly be buying more games for teh box.

I just like how the whole dashboard is built into EVERY game, you know, a friend sends you a message and you can just hit the xbox button thing and it pops up and pauses your game. You can play music in game rather than the game's music, and the whole marketplace is a great idea.. it has all kinds of old arcade games and demos/trailers.

I would definitly choose my computer between the two, but I think it's nice to get a break from PC and have fun with something new and exciting. (xmasgrin)

bugmage
12-24-05, 07:06 AM
C&C oldschool i own evey one of those with addons, sacrafice, AOM 3, rome total war, star trek games, BOTF, EF1, 2, Baulders gates, tribes(entire series, aka earthseige 2), ... The list goes on new an older games RPGS and so forth... some weird japeneese sex games, n e way, compaired to pc how was Q4?

Knot3D
12-24-05, 07:48 AM
Why this (console) Xbox360 bashing !? (mikec)

Consoles are great on their own merits ; if you don't
see those or acknowledge those then what's the point
of arguing ? Apples - Oranges.

I've got PStwo, Xbox and PC (sig) and will be upgrading
that PC to X2 4800 + 7800GTX 512 in January 06.

The point is ; Xbox360 will have more great looking fun games
and the X360 gamepad is great too.

saturnotaku
12-24-05, 07:58 AM
Consoles are great on their own merits ; if you don't
see those or acknowledge those then what's the point
of arguing ? Apples - Oranges.

:werd:

bugmage
12-24-05, 10:33 AM
well im trying not to bash im just upset microsoft cant push publishers to make better games or to get the heat thing fixed. I was looking forward to the new gpus but now idk :( , im just sad thats all thought the phisics on the one fighting game look sweet on commercials and i hate the cgi on the cod commercial lol but n e way, microsoft could do better