PDA

View Full Version : 100% CPU usage

Nocturnal
12-25-05, 11:51 AM
Twice so far I've came back to my computer in the morning to find that nView has encountered an error with Outlook 2003 and that if I would like to stop the monitoring of this program or something along those lines. Anyway after I click on either yes or no my CPU usage will go up to 100% even if I kill whatever process is using those cycles. The only way to regain my computer back is to reboot. In the event viewer I found many nview_info errors. This is the error:

The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( nview_info ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: NVIEW : OUTLOOK: WAIT_TIMEOUT: (process 0x9c0) (thread 0xeb8) (wait 0x2) (pwait 0x2)

|MaguS|
12-25-05, 11:53 AM
The driver version would help...

Nocturnal
12-25-05, 11:57 AM
If you're talking about the nView Desktop Manager, then it's version 110.10. If you're talking about the video driver itself then it's 8.1.9.5.

|MaguS|
12-25-05, 12:23 PM
Have you tried reinstalling the drivers with your anti virus software disabled? Seems like some files might be missing, Also I don't know why its mentioning remote desktops. Are you controlling your PC through a network?

Nocturnal
12-25-05, 12:25 PM
I just updated to the most recent drivers available on the nvidia.com website. I also had no firewalls on this system due to this error. I experienced this error, rebooted, upon reboot my Windows OneCare anti-virus and firewall was not working. I had to uninstall that. I just reinstalled it after I completed the reboot this morning. I also disabled the nview desktop thing and I hope that will take care of things. I'm not sure about the remote thing. Yes, I was connecting remotely from a work computer for the past several weeks up until it stopped functioning.

|MaguS|
12-25-05, 12:34 PM
Try a reinstall of the drivers, Also I would run a virus and adware search. It really shouldn't effect your Firewall or anti-virus software at all.

Dazz
12-25-05, 03:21 PM
Go into task manager then processes and see what program is using 100% then google the application.

SH64
12-25-05, 04:02 PM
Are you using a dual core processor ? because AFAIK theres a bug with some apps/opengl games running @100% with the 81.94+ drivers.

Nutty
12-27-05, 08:29 AM
Disable nView its utter rubbish. It even caused problems with multi-machine compilation software we used at work. :wtf: