MWHAHAHAH

http://ds.ign.com/articles/678/678205p1.html

GamerGuyX
12-26-05, 08:59 PM
Because you touch yourself at night.

jAkUp
12-26-05, 09:01 PM
Just because something sold alot doesn't mean its good :D

Sims is the best selling PC Game of all time, and the Eagles is the best selling album of all time :D

retsam
12-26-05, 09:05 PM
(xmasgrin) hay, arent you supposed to be busy testing that I-RAM...now get back to work you,less posting and more testing (xmasgrin)

Am_I_Evil
12-26-05, 09:52 PM
but....but...but....NINT3NDO SUK!1111!!1 LOL THEY SHUD QUIT MAKNG CONSOL3S AND GO 2 SOFTWAR3Z ONLY!!111!!1!1!!

http://forums.megadeth.com/images/smilies/lol.gif

Edge
12-26-05, 09:53 PM
Umm, except the DS isn't a console, so I'm not sure how could be the best selling one. That's like saying the Xbox is the most popular GPU on the market.

GamerGuyX
12-26-05, 10:12 PM
Umm, except the DS isn't a console, so I'm not sure how could be the best selling one. That's like saying the Xbox is the most popular GPU on the market.

tru.dat

aAv7
12-26-05, 10:24 PM
Worlds ****tiest hand-held sells faster than any other.....brilliant...

Zelda_fan
12-26-05, 10:38 PM
Because you touch yourself at night.

I don't even have to anymore. Just imagining the look on your face after hearing that the DS is selling well is enough to do the job.

GamerGuyX
12-26-05, 10:53 PM
I don't even have to anymore. Just imagining the look on your face after hearing that the DS is selling well is enough to do the job.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/images/smilies/laugh.gif I already knew it was selling well.

I also already know about the Gamecube selling like complete and utter sh!t if you want to make a thread about that too. http://www.rage3d.com/board/images/smilies/laugh.gif

LiquidX
12-26-05, 11:33 PM
I got a DS last week and its really a great piece of hardware. If only the screen was of a little better quality, bigger and the system didnt seem as if it could be a little slimmer with less plastic. I was surprised how easy it was to go online with Mario kart which was also lagg free. The touchscreen adds alot to the games which makes it so damn cool. If I was still in high school this thing would have been so sweet being that you can "pictochat" with anyone near by. Its a great little gadget and well worth the $125 especially being that there is mod that allows you to watch movies on it and run homebrew.

Its not only for kids.(rudolf)

Zelda_fan
12-26-05, 11:59 PM
I got a DS last week and its really a great piece of hardware. If only the screen was of a little better quality, bigger and the system didnt seem as if it could be a little slimmer with less plastic. I was surprised how easy it was to go online with Mario kart which was also lagg free. The touchscreen adds alot to the games which makes it so damn cool. If I was still in high school this thing would have been so sweet being that you can "pictochat" with anyone near by. Its a great little gadget and well worth the $125 especially being that there is mod that allows you to watch movies on it and run homebrew.

Its not only for kids.(rudolf)

ahhhh

another believer. Welcome to the fold.

Mr. Hunt
12-27-05, 12:05 AM
ahhhh

another believer. Welcome to the fold.

The few. The proud. The children.

|MaguS|
12-27-05, 12:29 AM
I have a DS, but its been recently collecting dust. Been playing some PoP:Revelations on my PSP too much. Yeah Mario Kart rocks but man I can only play it so much.

As for this thread, Its completly mislabled. The NES, PSX or PS2 are the best selling consoles in Japan. The DS is the FASTEST selling console in japan... did you not read the very article you posted? Guess, this proves another point about Rabid Nintendo Fans.... They can't read either...

msxyz
12-27-05, 03:07 AM
I'm following the Media Create charts weekly and I'm really amazed by the sales of the Nintendo handheld in japan.

I wonder if these number are affecting the planned introduction of the next-gen Gameboy in any way. (Nintendo always saw the DS as an experiment and not as the true successor of the GB)

jAkUp
12-27-05, 03:21 AM
I think that graphics technology will eventually kill Nintendo. Yea they have some fun games, but most gamers are looking for a great visual experience. They are not advancing quickly enough, soon they will be left in the dust :( Most gamers are wowed by an impressive visual experience, not so much gameplay anymore.

They sell good in other countries, but in the U.S. the Gamecube is looked at like a joke, and the same with the DS. At least, thats how it seems most console gamers regard it.

|MaguS|
12-27-05, 03:33 AM
Nintendo is staying alive thanks to the DS, They should just go Handheld and software only. They need to drop the console market, console gamers don't want gimics.

Namrok
12-27-05, 05:50 AM
Yea they have some fun games, but most gamers are looking for a great visual experience. They are not advancing quickly enough, soon they will be left in the dust :( Most gamers are wowed by an impressive visual experience, not so much gameplay anymore.

I stopped being impressed by, or basing my buying decisions on graphics, around the time of Quake 3 and the Q3 Engine games. For all the hightened realism bump mapping, normal mapping, *insert phrase here* mapping, lighting and so on, add, it just doesn't wow me anymore. I go more for art style and gameplay, since to me, every system has competent graphics these days.

But then again, this is a hardware enthusiast website. (xmasgrin)

Ninjaman09
12-28-05, 07:54 AM
I think that graphics technology will eventually kill Nintendo. Yea they have some fun games, but most gamers are looking for a great visual experience. They are not advancing quickly enough, soon they will be left in the dust :( Most gamers are wowed by an impressive visual experience, not so much gameplay anymore.
That is unfortunately true, and one of the main reasons major game developers don't even bother with story/gameplay/innovation anymore, and why the market is so saturated with garbage. That isn't to say I don't think graphics are important; of course they are. But just like any other entertainment medium, beauty is only skin deep. I need only point to the Star Wars prequels to clarify that.
They sell good in other countries, but in the U.S. the Gamecube is looked at like a joke, and the same with the DS. At least, thats how it seems most console gamers regard it.
I don't know anyone personally who considers the GC a joke. In fact almost everyone I know (who plays video games) owns one, along with a PS2 and X-Box. In fact all of the GC-bashing I've seen comes from people on Internet forums, insulting Nintendo's "childishness", which is ironic considering that these people are almost always young adults or children themselves. I've said it before - Nintendo's inability to market their products well during the N64 days while the Playstation became big (not to mention their inability to secure third party support) left a permanent stain on their reputation, especially now that all the Final Fantasy VII kiddies are out pimping Sony all the time now. That's not to say that Sony's reputation is not well deserved; it most certainly is - but Nintendo has released a great platform with some great titles (ZOMG YOU CAN LIEK BOTH!!11!!).
They need to drop the console market, console gamers don't want gimics.
That doesn't mean that any efforts to further console gaming beyond yearly refreshes of sports franchises or shooters is a bad idea (or an inherently unsuccessful one). Remember that Nintendo is the sole company of the three that is turning a profit at the moment.

|MaguS|
12-28-05, 08:23 AM
Remember that Nintendo is the sole company of the three that is turning a profit at the moment.

Mind you that Nintendo only depends on games while whatever profit the Game Devision make for Sony and MS they have other devisions that have huge losses (Like Sony Pictures).

Last Quarter (Ended Sept)

Sony:
Sales per Segment = $1,896
Operating Income/Loss per Segment = $73

Microsoft:
Sales per Segment = $525
Operating Income/Loss per Segment = $141 (Loss)

Nintendo:
Sales per Segment = $934
Operating Income/Loss per Segment = $140

http://forum.pcvsconsole.com/viewthread.php?tid=11760&page=6

Ninjaman09
12-28-05, 08:37 AM
Mind you that Nintendo only depends on games while whatever profit the Game Devision make for Sony and MS they have other devisions that have huge losses (Like Sony Pictures).

Last Quarter (Ended Sept)

Sony:
Sales per Segment = $1,896
Operating Income/Loss per Segment = $73

Microsoft:
Sales per Segment = $525
Operating Income/Loss per Segment = $141 (Loss)

Nintendo:
Sales per Segment = $934
Operating Income/Loss per Segment = $140

http://forum.pcvsconsole.com/viewthread.php?tid=11760&page=6
If we're talking about the home console market, discussing Sony and Microsoft's other business ventures isn't meaningful. Quarterly figures are also fairly pointless to discuss; a trailing twelve months figure would be the thing to look at here (which I can't find :p).

This is a red herring, either way. My point was that if Nintendo is such a horrible company, they sure are doing well against their competition where it counts. Their "gimmicks" may end up being the next big trends, who knows. They know what they're doing.

|MaguS|
12-28-05, 08:40 AM
I only posted the Home Console Market....

Ninjaman09
12-28-05, 08:43 AM
Ah, my mistake, I read your source incorrectly. Either way as I said quarterly figures are not indicitive of trends nor profitability due to their high susceptibility to non-recurring events, which is why trailing twelve months figures are used when considering a company's performance. Again this is a red herring.

Acid Rain
12-28-05, 06:21 PM
I don't even have to anymore. Just imagining the look on your face after hearing that the DS is selling well is enough to do the job.Um, I think he's a dude, but whatever pitches your tent! (xmastong)

Well, cool. So Nintendo may stay in the game, money-wise, which is good. Competition is always good for the consumer, and one of these days Nintendo may bring something to the table besides their overused franchise games. Or maybe they'll go the way of Apple, and always make the best handheld goods even if everything else they make is pretty much worthless.

rek075
12-28-05, 09:26 PM
I have a DS, but its been recently collecting dust. Been playing some PoP:Revelations on my PSP too much. Yeah Mario Kart rocks but man I can only play it so much.

As for this thread, Its completly mislabled. The NES, PSX or PS2 are the best selling consoles in Japan. The DS is the FASTEST selling console in japan... did you not read the very article you posted? Guess, this proves another point about Rabid Nintendo Fans.... They can't read either...

Still making generalizations about consoles and their fans huh?

From what I remember you didn't even game during the NES generation.