PDA

View Full Version : How can I adjust the refresh rate for F.E.A.R. in game

Big Ev
12-27-05, 03:46 PM
I run my monitor at 1920x1440 @ 60Hz from my desktop. So in turn, I have to adjust my games to a lower resolution and a higher refresh rate, optimally 85Hz. Typically this is done in game, but a few like DOOM 3 and Half-Life 2 I have to adjust via cfg file or launch options.

Okay so problem is, how do I adjust the refresh rate for F.E.A.R. from 60Hz to 85Hz, cause right now I am getting terrible image tear. I can't find anywhere in-game or in the cfg files that I can adjust it. I don't want to enable V-Sync that will cause a significant performance hit.

Superfly
12-28-05, 04:38 AM
you cant do this via a .cfg file sadly and the game does'nt have the option in the menu's.

use reforce or something similar........

Big Ev
12-28-05, 04:01 PM
you cant do this via a .cfg file sadly and the game does'nt have the option in the menu's.

use reforce or something similar........
ARGH! Okay. Well thanks for responding.

TierMann
12-28-05, 04:14 PM
You can use "Refresh Rate Overrides" in nvidia control panel if you have coolbits enabled. That will allow you to set a refresh rate depending on resolution. Another option is "ReForce (http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/)" which is a 3rd party app to do the same thing. nVidia control panel works fine for me but some people have problems with it affecting their frame rates or it just doesn't set the refresh rate at all.

Another reason ReForce might be the better option is if you have more than one display. Forcing a refresh rate in the nv control panel will affect all displays at that res where as ReForce will set it per display.