PDA

View Full Version : "Maybe not a Leadtek product"

chris86_154
12-27-05, 06:50 PM
I just got a PX6800 GS TDH. But whenever I try to install the driver for it I just get a message saying "Maybe not a Leadtek product" and then the whole thing closes down.

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to solve it?

rewt
12-27-05, 08:51 PM
Install the latest drivers from nVIDIA.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_81.98.html

chris86_154
12-28-05, 09:31 AM
I've trie that but it started the installation then said ,

"The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are comatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exitl."

And then it closes down. :(

chris86_154
12-29-05, 11:54 AM
*bump

sorry I really need help with this.

AliceCooper
12-29-05, 04:41 PM
I have a Leadtek 7800GT and I just installed the Nvidia drivers straight off no probs.

Your error looks like a bad vid bios as my card loads as a Leadtek 7800GT during post.

Just RMA it as it sounds like a bad bios or maybe worse bad bios flash.

Darkoz
12-29-05, 07:50 PM
I just got a PX6800 GS TDH. But whenever I try to install the driver for it I just get a message saying "Maybe not a Leadtek product" and then the whole thing closes down.

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to solve it?

Did you buy the card new or second hand?
Sounds to me like the BIOS is bad, possibly due to an unsuccessful BIOS flash attempt or a faulty BIOS straight out the box if it's new.

I think you have two options here, if it's new and you just recently bought the card, return it and exchange for another one.
If it's second hand, do a BIOS flash with the correct BIOS from Leadtek's site.

Richteralan
12-29-05, 09:07 PM
maybe the new device ids not made into the .inf file.

Richteralan
12-29-05, 09:07 PM
Did you buy the card new or second hand?
Sounds to me like the BIOS is bad, possibly due to an unsuccessful BIOS flash attempt or a faulty BIOS straight out the box if it's new.

I think you have two options here, if it's new and you just recently bought the card, return it and exchange for another one.
If it's second hand, do a BIOS flash with the correct BIOS from Leadtek's site.

If display BIOS is bad, it won't even display anything straight from boot screen.

jAkUp
12-29-05, 09:17 PM
You can also try extracting the .exe and manually installing from the .inf file.

rewt
12-30-05, 09:16 AM
maybe the new device ids not made into the .inf file.

This could be. I just noticed that Forceware 82.12 (http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_rel70betadriver.html) has two entries for 6800 GS. By glance, 81.98 only appeared to have one. However I would think Leadtek would've included the correct drivers with the card :-/

Be sure to install the 64-bit drivers if you are using Windows XP 64-bit. The 32-bit drivers will not work.

Peoples-Agent
12-30-05, 05:28 PM
I had the same trouble once when installing drivers whilst my anti-virus was enabled and it interfered. And by right, as mentioned that card should work fine with the newer nVidia drivers.

I would disable all background apps, uninstall ....use Driver Cleaner Pro in safemode, reboot ...and try a fresh install with all background apps disabled. Worth a go.