PDA

View Full Version : WTB X-box VGA Adapter

kev13dd
12-28-05, 04:19 AM
I'm tired of having to wait for the TV to be open to play my X-box. I know my monitor may be only 17 inches, but darn it when I want to play I want to play

Everywhere I look usually sells them for 50-60 bucks, and they are all sold out. Getting it on E-bay is going to be shipping from Hong Kong or Germany, crud like that. So I'm hoping that someone in the US who just bought their nice X-box 360 would happen to have lost use of their old VGA Adapter and is willing to part with it for 25 bucks or so. I know it's almost useless to post it here, but I'm desperate and Google always fails me. Cheers!

K

Serath
12-28-05, 09:29 AM
Why not just geta TV input card for your PC? You can get a cheapie for about 25 bux at newegg...

kev13dd
12-28-05, 01:22 PM
Why not just geta TV input card for your PC? You can get a cheapie for about 25 bux at newegg...

Couldn't find one for that cheap (at least one that doesn't require me to buy a new computer cable to go along with it). But also I don't know how well those do with HDTV signals. Since the Xbox outputs it's menu in 480i while most of the games are 480p, I don't know the dealio about all that stuff on a TV tuner card. I do know that the Xbox adapters are designed for that upscale downscale twirl around stuff, so I figured that would be my safe bet

K

Serath
12-28-05, 04:57 PM
IF you go to sites like xbox-scene.com and check their tutorials, they tell you how to make the box output VGA

GamerGuyX
12-28-05, 06:24 PM
Couldn't find one for that cheap (at least one that doesn't require me to buy a new computer cable to go along with it). But also I don't know how well those do with HDTV signals. Since the Xbox outputs it's menu in 480i while most of the games are 480p, I don't know the dealio about all that stuff on a TV tuner card. I do know that the Xbox adapters are designed for that upscale downscale twirl around stuff, so I figured that would be my safe bet

K

The V-Digi VD-Z3 Component to VGA transcoder is your best bet for the original Xbox (it can also be used with anything else that has component outputs).

http://www.vdigi.com/index.php?option=com_phpshop&page=shop.browse&category_id=759df22fdaeabe0bcd58c745d6286257

I own one myself and it is absolutely wonderful. :)

Oh and just to let you know, the Xbox dashboard does support 480p. All you have to do it is hold both the left and right triggers and click the left and right analog sticks in while at the dashboard to enable 480p.

kev13dd
12-28-05, 07:40 PM
The V-Digi VD-Z3 Component to VGA transcoder is your best bet for the original Xbox (it can also be used with anything else that has component outputs).

http://www.vdigi.com/index.php?option=com_phpshop&page=shop.browse&category_id=759df22fdaeabe0bcd58c745d6286257

I own one myself and it is absolutely wonderful. :)

Oh and just to let you know, the Xbox dashboard does support 480p. All you have to do it is hold both the left and right triggers and click the left and right analog sticks in while at the dashboard to enable 480p.

Ouch... major price no no. 59 bucks is crazy for something I won't use that much. I don't get why these things are so expensive...

K

GamerGuyX
12-29-05, 12:02 AM
Ouch... major price no no. 59 bucks is crazy for something I won't use that much. I don't get why these things are so expensive...

K

Hmmm. Thats to bad. The only other option (that would give you acceptable image quality) is the X2VGA:

http://www.x2vga.com/

To bad that's also out of your price range...

kev13dd
12-29-05, 12:45 AM
Hmmm. Thats to bad. The only other option (that would give you acceptable image quality) is the X2VGA:

http://www.x2vga.com/

To bad that's also out of your price range...
Ya that's the one I bid on in E-bay but didn't win it- I did win one though... it looks cheap and crappy... 30 bucks... sigh...

K

Edge
12-29-05, 01:12 AM
I wish they had some decent 3rd party VGA adaptors for modern consoles, I got a 3rd party one for my Dreamcast for $18 new in the store. Sure, it wasn't the greatest, but it did it's job (and boy was it strange going back to a fuzzy TV after using it for a while).

kev13dd
12-29-05, 02:10 AM
I wish they had some decent 3rd party VGA adaptors for modern consoles, I got a 3rd party one for my Dreamcast for $18 new in the store. Sure, it wasn't the greatest, but it did it's job (and boy was it strange going back to a fuzzy TV after using it for a while).

Ya, the one I got is a major 3rd party one. As in, the manufacturer doesn't have a website for its product... but still, like you said, as long as it gets the job done. It's ganna look better no matter what, and all I want to do is not have to wait for the darn TV to free up

ON A SIDE NOTE, I'm still open to buying a good quality one for about 30 bucks. I can always turn around and sell this one back on E-bay and get my money back, it's only temporary! So please leave this thread open!

K