PDA

View Full Version : BF2 Crash to Desktop

d2thez
12-29-05, 01:18 PM
I need help. I have BF2 and it feels the need to crash to desktop randomly for now apparent reason. I can just be playing and then, BAM, desktop.

This doesn't happen during any other game or application. It all started when I upgraded to 2gigs of OCZ pc3200 RAM from what I used to have, which was GEIL 1gig pc3500.

I have run Memtest and many benches and stability tests, all run fine, no errors. Any ideas?

de><ta
12-29-05, 01:22 PM
Re-install. I have had to re-install BF2 atleast 4 times by now. First time the ingame mouse would not work. A reinstall fixed it. The last couple of times it just kept crashing I decided to re-install it. Havent had BF2 crash on me in a while now.

$n][pErMan
12-29-05, 05:43 PM
I think I may have made a discovery. In a server I was playing on... some kid was getting pissed and then all of a sudden my game crashed to my desktop. So natually I load it back up and jump back into the server.... only to find everyone else in the server also crashed to the desktop at the same time and once we got back in the server we had our same scores (so we know the server did not reset). I think there is probably a hack out there that crashes people. I saw something like this along time ago back in the days of CS for HL1.

fugu_fish
12-30-05, 01:45 PM
[pErMan']I think I may have made a discovery. In a server I was playing on... some kid was getting pissed and then all of a sudden my game crashed to my desktop. So natually I load it back up and jump back into the server.... only to find everyone else in the server also crashed to the desktop at the same time and once we got back in the server we had our same scores (so we know the server did not reset). I think there is probably a hack out there that crashes people. I saw something like this along time ago back in the days of CS for HL1.

I still get dropped to desktop once in a while. It's the only game I have that crashes. In the words of C3PO, I don't think BF2 is entirely stable. Hopefully the 1.2 patch will help.

bonchez
01-01-06, 12:16 AM
The same thing happens to me once in a while, not to mentition I get lower performance since I upgrated from 1Gb of ram to 2Gbs and an Athlon Xp2800+ to a Athlon 64 3500+