PDA

View Full Version : Question for those with Opteron 1xx's and DC RAM

PaiN
12-29-05, 07:52 PM
Let me start with the question first.
Is there any issue running 2x1gb or more in 1T, at high FSB(250) with the new Opteron 1xx dual cores?

Too make this short, I haven't been able to get Prime95 or WoW(over long periods) stable with the FSB at 250, even uping the CPU Vcore and\or lowering the multiplier the system cont. unstable. As for the RAM this is my second pair of PC4000 and second motherboard. I used the speced\rated settings and both exhibited the same behavior. I was able to get stable in Prime(@250) by either running 1 stick at 1T or dropping to 2T with 2 sticks

Roliath
12-30-05, 12:07 AM
I've had two opterons (170/175), and I didn't have any issues running my crucial at 250Mhz.

PaiN
12-30-05, 06:49 AM
I've been researching and talking with Mushkin's A++ tech support and it looks like this might be a issue with the Asus board's.... :mad: f##ing great...
The fun never ends

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=75971&highlight=a8n-sli

jolle
12-30-05, 09:18 AM
hehe, well it appears that using a X2 cpu in this AsRock mobo HIDES the CMD rate setting in BIOS..
tried forcing it with A64 tweaker and it gave a nice boost in Sandra, but wouldnt stay Prime95 "Blend" test stable..
oh well..

PaiN
12-30-05, 05:26 PM
I'm totally erked at this point......
I'm trying to decide if I should RMA for another Asus or bother getting a DFI Expert or just leave the board alone and live with the 2T.
It just kills me that I never fail to get the **** .... :kill:
Maybe, I'll just clock up some more to make up the difference in my mind and be done with it.

Riptide
12-30-05, 05:42 PM
It just kills me that I never fail to get the **** .... :kill: Ditto. Some people have all the luck it seems. Those of us who aren't golden childeren are doomed to suffer at stock speeds or crappy o/c's forevuh! :p

rev.
12-30-05, 06:30 PM
Sorry to see you in more PaiN! hehehe

I am at the point with mine that even after I get the Abit from PaiN that he sold me....I probably wont put it in for a looong time.....just because ATM (even though I am stuck at stock) my system is quick and reliable, and it has plenty of Power. CPU vcore is only 1.325 and the vdimm is 2.5 with 1t 2-3-2-5 timings.

It is probably the baby coming...but there is a point that you just get sick of tweaking.