PDA

View Full Version : X-box Live!

kev13dd
12-29-05, 07:56 PM
How is it? I'm still stuck on the old Xbox and never had it since I didn't have highspeed, and when I finally got it my Halo 2 free subscription code refused to register. Now I'm ganna move the XBox to my room and play it on my monitor, and can just run a quick internet bridge through my two ethernet ports on my computer

So! I was just curious about if it was worth the money at this point in time. Only games I play are sports and shooters, which only about 4 actually have live. Is it laggy and harder than playing against people next to you? Will my wireless internet screw it up since my connection drops for 2 seconds or so sometimes? Anything I should know?

K

stncttr908
12-29-05, 08:21 PM
Sports, shooters, and racing are some of the best MP titles. Xbox Live! is great, but since I don't have an Xbox at school (where I am most of the time) I don't keep a subscription.

brady
12-29-05, 08:26 PM
I don't know what to tell you about live other then that it is pretty fun. The last month has been my first impression of it, however I'm on a 360. My trial just ran out and I just purchased a year subscription today.

About your connection, I would get that worked out before you plunk down any money on live. A quirky connection could make things very frustrating.

LiquidX
12-29-05, 09:01 PM
For the regular XBox I didnt care for it at all and it wore off on me after a few months but for the 360 I dont see how anyone can be without it if they have highspeed. The market place is great. I would say try the one month plan for $6.00 then if you think you can put up with it for 11 more months then commit.

Mr. Hunt
12-29-05, 09:03 PM
Can't you access the market place with the Silver membership also, though? Which is free with the premium set, right?

Edge
12-29-05, 09:10 PM
All Xbox 360's come with a free Silver membership, as well as a 1 month trial of Gold. The only real difference is that Gold lets you actually play online against others while silver doesn't, otherwise all other Live features are accessable to both versions.

Mr. Hunt
12-29-05, 09:14 PM
Ah... thought it was just the premiums... I know you can't play online (well... I heard you will get select weekends)... just thought I remembered reading you could use the marketplace.

Gaco
12-30-05, 08:49 AM
I thought Live was good n' all for the Xbox, but the durability for me was disappointly short. It just became boring and I quickly went back to PC Gaming. Live on my Xbox360 is a f*cking blast and I can't tell you one specific thing that makes it so great. I think it's a combination of many things.

I like it :)