PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 Availability Thread

six_storm
12-30-05, 02:28 PM
Well, I finally decided that I want to buy one of these hard to find items so I figured I'd start an availability thread for those looking around. Also, feel free to post any "inside" info on store availability. Here's some things I have so far:

1. eBay might not be the best place to go to buy things, but a few people from [H]ardforums have snagged 360's for less than retail! I've currently got a bid on a core system for $255, so good luck to me lol.

2. Walmart supposively will start selling the systems at Midnight tomorrow night (New Years).

3. When going to Best Buy and if you are camping out, you HAVE to ask an employee about the 360's in order to get one. They will not be out in the floor or on the shelves.

Hope this helps. Any other info will be greatly appreciated!

evilchris
12-30-05, 04:40 PM
Don't pay more than retail period. The units are trickling in and you should be able to score one without getting ripped off.

PSYCHODAD
12-30-05, 05:44 PM
Yeah, just got a wal-mart ad in the mail today advertising the 360 core system($299.92). Prices good from Jan 1-7.

brady
12-30-05, 05:49 PM
Please make sure you read the whole Ebay auction.;)

six_storm
12-30-05, 06:57 PM
I suspect that anyone would be able to find a system, both core or premium very easily by the end of January. I'm prolly gonna wait until then just because I can't decide on what game I want. There are a pretty good number of games coming out around the 1st week of Feb so that should rock.

I went by an old electronics store and they had 1 core system left. Turns out that the guy bought it online from somewhere Canada and he was selling it for $700! What a ripoff. Guess I just gotta play the waiting game.

lmetza
12-30-05, 10:36 PM
Wallsmart is already selling them, have been for a while. I went there yesterday and picked up my 360, they had just gotten another shipment in yesterday, lucky that i called and asked if they had any in, right after i got it i walked over to EB and cancelled my pre-order, and the guy at EB told me they have been sending people to check at zellers and walsmart and even superstore because those stores sell them based on first come first serve as they recieve them. If i stuck with EB i would still be waiting till late February. Also walsmart, zellers and superstore all have IN-stock core systems, and if you wanted a core system theres no problem finding one, its just the deluxe ones that are in short demand it seems.

six_storm
12-30-05, 11:41 PM
Just called my local Wally World and they said they would have some tomorrow night at midnight but there would be a rush on them. I honestly don't wanna spend my new years in line at WalMart lol so I guess I'll have to wait a bit huh?

It kinda sucks because I hoped that the 360 would have more games out by now. I can recall M$ saying that they would have 40 launch games but I've only seen less than 20 if not 15. WTF is up with that?

ajay()
12-31-05, 03:09 AM
For any uk people, this site:
http://www.xbox360locator.co.uk/
is invaluable, it's how I got mine. :)

msxyz
12-31-05, 03:32 AM
Around here shops receive regular supplies as well. Premiums are sold out in a day, but a couple of core systems are usually available for the latecomers.

DoomUK
12-31-05, 06:16 AM
For any uk people, this site:
http://www.xbox360locator.co.uk/
is invaluable, it's how I got mine. :)

Thanks for that link.

The third party sellers ovber on Amazon UK are going for a whooping 600 and over. Check this out:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/detail/offer-listing/-/B0007SV72A/new/ref=sdp_newvg_h_/202-7634632-1999813

... the question is, would I be insane if I went for one of these? (xmastong)

six_storm
12-31-05, 01:02 PM
Just called my local Wally World and they said they would have some tomorrow night at midnight but there would be a rush on them. I honestly don't wanna spend my new years in line at WalMart lol so I guess I'll have to wait a bit huh?

Ok, since my friends are being dicks this year, guess I'ma go wait in line at the WalMart. Hopefully I can get a premium console with a game, any suggestions? I'm gonna have to take a trip down to Best Buy to find a VGA cable for my 2005FPW. Anyone else hitting up some stores soon?

six_storm
01-01-06, 01:29 AM
Well, just got back from WalMart and I easily got a premium system! Sorry I don't have the pics right now bc Photodump.com is down right now. Will post some tomorrow. I was #2 in line and only waited 4 hours for it. Not bad.

jAkUp
01-01-06, 01:42 AM
You can upload with www.imageshack.us :)

six_storm
01-01-06, 08:40 AM
Decided to use the ol Geocities account lol. Here are a few:

Here is the line I waited in, obviously my chair was the one with the jacket in it. The kid on the right, which was #1 in line, had been there since 9 AM!!! Guess he really wanted one huh? I got there about 6:30-7:00 and "saved a seat". The people were extremely nice throughout the night, some hardcore and some reserved gamers.
http://www.geocities.com/whathedidforus/inline.jpg

I finally got home around 1:30AM with my package ready to check out some games.
http://www.geocities.com/whathedidforus/myxbox.jpg

Here are all the contents of the box:
http://www.geocities.com/whathedidforus/xboxcontents.jpg

I haven't really played around with it enough to give an honest judgement but I'm really liking it thus far. It does suck playing the 360 on a 2005FPW using composite cables (blah!) and not VGA cables. Hopefully I can get those soon and grab some games from work (Blockbuster) to give a shot. I might be able to post up a review soon once I play a few games and get things updated, etc. Later guys.

1337_Like_ThaT
01-01-06, 11:37 AM
Nice Six_storm! what games do you plan on purchasing next?

six_storm
01-01-06, 01:37 PM
Nice Six_storm! what games do you plan on purchasing next?

Well, I do work at Blockbuster but someone rented out all the 360 games in one day and we think they stole them. Anyways, I wanna get PDZ next for sure. Tomorrow, I'm gonna go buy the VGA cable so I can play on my 2005FPW. I need to quit spending money.

six_storm
01-02-06, 04:42 PM
I grabbed the VGA cable earlier today and it made a very big difference in the display of the 360. A buddy of mine from Best Buy got it for me for around $30 even. I've got my resolution set on 720p and it's real nice to see the 360 features go oh so smoothly. If you don't have a HDTV, I def recommend grabbing one of these.