PDA

View Full Version : Raid driver issue, need help PLEASE!

newls1
12-30-05, 09:24 PM
This is going to be a little difficult to discribe, but I'll try my best. Im installing a RAID 0 setup for my boot drive, and I've done this at least 20 times already, so this isnt my issue. Everytime i've setup my raid array I always used the floppy disk that came with my SLI-DR DFI board (which I think uses ver. 6.37 I think for SATA RAID as there dated 3/10/2005) On this format I downloaded nforce 6.70 and extracted the SATA RAID files and transfered them to a floppy so on this format, ill be using current drivers for the RAID. WindowsXP installed just fine and very quick, on the reboot where the screen pops up and says "windows is adjusting the screen click next to continue etc............." the PC just reboot by itself:mad: . I was shocked as this is a clean install. I reformated again doing the same thing using the same drivers for the RAID and when all was done installing, AGAIN, the same thing, the PC just reboots it self. I formated again using the old SATA RAID drivers, and all is fine. WHY CANT I USE NEWER SATA RAID DRIVERS? I really want to use a newer driver for my raid. Does anyone know a fix for this? Thank you

Peacemaker
12-30-05, 09:30 PM
send me an e-mail, i will send you correct files ( i hope)

Peacemaker.

newls1
12-30-05, 09:53 PM
send me an e-mail, i will send you correct files ( i hope)

Peacemaker.

Great, thanks. I sent you a PM with my email address in it. Why is this happening?

Peacemaker
12-30-05, 10:38 PM
files send. give me a shout if works :)

greetings,

Peacemaker.

newls1
12-30-05, 11:58 PM
files send. give me a shout if works :)

greetings,

Peacemaker.
Do I install these the same way like my other ones? Hit F6 during the installation of XP........

Peacemaker
12-31-05, 08:10 AM
yea, exacly the same way. just copy/paste files to floppy.
If you got WinXP Pro Corporate, i can give nice XsnX, wich don't need to do any changes in WGA ****. Its enabled, and updating like crazy without any problems ;)

On my version of WixXP i use nLite and integrate DualCore Hotfix, SATA drivers (6.70), ACPI driver and AMD 1.2.2 driver. After all i create .iso file and that's it ! So i don't need to do nothing else when i instaling Windows. No f6, no instalig nForce drivers. All is inside :)

But if you don't like to do this, just try to copy/paste on floppy and hit f6 on instalation.

greetings,

Peacemaker.

p.s.

link to nLite HOW TO :)

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=51140&st=0&p=356029&#entry356029

newls1
12-31-05, 09:08 AM
yea, exacly the same way. just copy/paste files to floppy.
If you got WinXP Pro Corporate, i can give nice XsnX, wich don't need to do any changes in WGA ****. Its enabled, and updating like crazy without any problems ;)

On my version of WixXP i use nLite and integrate DualCore Hotfix, SATA drivers (6.70), ACPI driver and AMD 1.2.2 driver. After all i create .iso file and that's it ! So i don't need to do nothing else when i instaling Windows. No f6, no instalig nForce drivers. All is inside :)

But if you don't like to do this, just try to copy/paste on floppy and hit f6 on instalation.

greetings,

Peacemaker.

p.s.

link to nLite HOW TO :)

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=51140&st=0&p=356029&#entry356029

Thanks for all your help, but It wouldnt work. Here is the wierd thing, I hit F6 then waited 1/2 minutes for the screen to finally pop up, I poped in the floppy and all was good. I installed the 2 needed nforce raid drivers, then hit F8 to agree to microsofts terms, did a quick format, and as soon as it goes to start installing the files, I get a please insert floppy disk with the needed raid files. Well the disk is already in. I remove it, copied the files to another floppy and tried again, but same error. I then went back to the original DFI floppy, and it worked. I cant belive this. Why the hell cant I use an updated raid driver?

saturnotaku
12-31-05, 10:08 AM
Can't you just install Windows with the DFI driver then once setup has completed and you're in the GUI update the files through device manager?

newls1
12-31-05, 10:52 AM
Can't you just install Windows with the DFI driver then once setup has completed and you're in the GUI update the files through device manager?
Im sure I could, but if it doesnt work from the begining of an OS install, do you think it would work then?

Peacemaker
01-01-06, 06:42 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! I was answering 5 minutes, than i click wrong button and Windows shut down !!!! AAAAA!!!!!

Ok, from the beginig.

short version ;)

Best wishes and Happy New Year :)

Now, i was worring about it. I've got same weird problems, and when i was really pist off, i discovered nLite.
I can't install my polish version (wich i ussually was using) and can't install EN version, becouse OS want's some proper drivers all the time. I was trying everything, nVidia drv, Silicon drv, no succes.
Only works when i install OS on sigle drive.

My advice is :

download nLite, copy your version to some folder on HD, than run nLite and integrate this damn drivers with your OS There will be Q for locition of drivers - if you use mine folder nad choose nvraid file, everything you need will be copy automaticly). You can also integrate in one row drivers for ACPI. You can find it on MB CD (ACPI/W2K) (if not i can send it to you) Becouse after installation i have got unkown device and when i put my MB CD into a drive, it was installing automaticly. Now everything is included and perfectly integrated with my OS. You will never be confused by some stupid hardware problems anymore, no hiting f6, just sit and relax ;)

If you want i can send to you SN wich is working great, becouse you don't need to disable any of ActiveX (WGA protection) if you want to update OS via Windows Update.

greetings,

Peacemaker.