PDA

View Full Version : 7800 GT with ATI XPRESS 200 Chipset not working

joepaiii
12-31-05, 02:30 AM
Anyone able to get this combination to work? I have tried both the evga 7800 GT and the BFG 7800 GT and it is a no-go. No 3d application run correctly. They either don't launch, run for a few seconds and crash or corrupt the graphics display and then crash. The same system works fine with an ATI 800XL card.

I have tried a 500W antec smartpower 2.0 and a 500W Dynex power supply with both cards. The motherboard (MSI MS-7093) has the latest bios and drivers. I have tried the latest forceware and the one that shipped with both cards.

Any ideas? I am out of them.

saturnotaku
12-31-05, 10:03 AM
Anyone able to get this combination to work? I have tried both the evga 7800 GT and the BFG 7800 GT and it is a no-go. No 3d application run correctly. They either don't launch, run for a few seconds and crash or corrupt the graphics display and then crash. The same system works fine with an ATI 800XL card.

I have tried a 500W antec smartpower 2.0 and a 500W Dynex power supply with both cards. The motherboard (MSI MS-7093) has the latest bios and drivers. I have tried the latest forceware and the one that shipped with both cards.

Any ideas? I am out of them.

Get rid of the second power supply. You shouldn't have one power supply running the motherboard and another running the video cards, because the latter would be drawing from two different sources (PCI-Express slot and external power). If there's even a slight variation in power, you'll have trouble. I have an HP a1130n, which uses the exact same motherboard with a 7800GT and Ultra 500W power supply with absolutely no problems.

joepaiii
12-31-05, 06:03 PM
I only had one power supply in at a time. Which BIOS are you running on the motherboard and where did you get it? Also, did you have to do anything out of the ordinary with the driver installation? The emachine comes with an ATI powertheater tuner card for windows media center, I wonder if that is causing the problem.

Thanks in advance.