PDA

View Full Version : I may be alone but I love Fear's MP

Pages : [1] 2

thomasward00
12-31-05, 06:40 AM
I bought Quake 4 about 2 months ago, its great MP i've been playing quake since quakeworld, but since I bought Fear, i've been hooked on the MP, I find that it has the best elements of Quake and CSS and none of the drawbacks from either, I know its a little unbalanced right now, but that should be fixed in the next patch and the community for the most part is very friendly unlike CSS, the only fun part of Counter Strike was going on hack rages, but since VAC was enabled I tried to play a couple of times, but the game isn't fun without my old wall and autoaim hacks, I don't know that game just lends itself to hacking and just isn't fun without them. I just hope that Fear MP gets more players on, because it is a very good MP game, especially once they release more maps and the third parties are starting to come out with them now. Its just a shame to see a crappy game from a crappy developer being so popular, i'm refering to CSS and steam: forget about it, I don't want big brother watching me all the time, playing with a CD Key should be enough.

My two cents.......

|MaguS|
12-31-05, 07:25 AM
Since you mentioned you hacked, your two cents are worthless and I hope you your PC explodes...

Killroy X
12-31-05, 09:43 AM
Ditto on the PC explosion you bug.

sirplayalot
12-31-05, 11:27 AM
Ditto on the PC explosion you bug.

PSYCHODAD
12-31-05, 11:29 AM

Zelda_fan
12-31-05, 11:47 AM
Iem TEH 733t Ha0xR!!!!!!!ZZ

MrSavoy
12-31-05, 12:07 PM
The sad truth is a good significant portion of players that play CS on any regular basis hack. This dude is far from alone. Although I do play a little CSS I never hack and never have at any online game, that said, its very very common. In fact as he states above its the only way alot of people know how to play the dam game. I have to admit I have thought of trying out the no recoil hack, which I know is the most popular of the bunch, but alas my conscience gets the better of me and never have and probably never will.

I hate hackers and yes I hope his harddrives fail and his ps blows up. (newyr)

|MaguS|
12-31-05, 12:13 PM
I use to play CS regularly and rarely came across hackers as long as I stayed on clan servers. I never play on public servers... they are usually full of hackers since theres rarely an admin on.

Acid Rain
12-31-05, 12:32 PM
I never play on public servers... they are usually full of hackers since theres rarely an admin on.Which renders the experience completely worthless.

BioHazZarD
12-31-05, 12:35 PM
MP sucks bigtime they should not have bother and considered more on the SP campaign which was way to short.

myshkinbob
12-31-05, 01:52 PM
I do agree FEAR's mp is really fun once you get into it, especially the CTF maps, when the teams are fair it's one of the best MP games i've played in years. There's just something incredibly fun about storming into a flag room with 3 teammates and someone hitting slowmo while you steal the flag, and then the race home with everyone guarding the flag carrier. The pace of the game online is a huge part of the fun, it's like cs:s with better weapons and quake's speed. :)

About the hax0r raging, it's pretty sad really. You must be really antisocial to get your kicks from making other people miserable. Something seriously wrong with a person inside if you ask me.

jAkUp
12-31-05, 02:05 PM
Hacking in ANY MP game is wrong. Another factor that is contributing to the demise of PC games.

I love Fear, and I have gotten very good at it. I am enjoying the MP far more than quake4, which is awkward because I love quake3 MP.

But Fear has its fare share of hackers as well... looking forward to the PB patch to hopefully eliminate most of them.

hemmy
12-31-05, 02:09 PM
i almost completed the fear sp today, then all my saved games were deleted, that is all, goodbye

thomasward00
12-31-05, 04:20 PM
To clear things up, I have NEVER, NEVER hacked any other game period and games like Quake don't lend themselves to hack, too fast paced I don't actually thinks hacks would work well. Back when CSS first came out I was being hacked on bad and it was very frustrating and my co-worker found ICT Hook and it worked great, and I even rented my own server for a few months, I didn't feel so bad about it because the community in that game is just horrible: its the worst that i have ever come across, and to set the record straight again I do not hack any other games, I have way too much respect for Quake and its community to do that. But I have been playing Fear mostly since I bought it, great game with alot of potential, and it seems to have a great community.

Mr. Hunt
12-31-05, 05:23 PM
To clear things up, I have NEVER, NEVER hacked any other game period and games like Quake don't lend themselves to hack, too fast paced I don't actually thinks hacks would work well. Back when CSS first came out I was being hacked on bad and it was very frustrating and my co-worker found ICT Hook and it worked great, and I even rented my own server for a few months, I didn't feel so bad about it because the community in that game is just horrible: its the worst that i have ever come across, and to set the record straight again I do not hack any other games, I have way too much respect for Quake and its community to do that. But I have been playing Fear mostly since I bought it, great game with alot of potential, and it seems to have a great community.

Well to set the record straight I only killed that one hooker... but that was because she wanted 20 extra bucks!@#

lIqUID
01-01-06, 12:47 PM
so in hacking CS you are in some way helping its "horrible community"? this is exactly why I dont play CS, I find it to be the daycare center of online gaming.

eli
01-01-06, 01:10 PM
Ye. we can only wish that he gets banned from this forum , gee wizz what a sad mofo, hacking and proud, boon.

ralinn
01-01-06, 01:40 PM
I agree, the community in CS is completely awful. But you're not making it any better for the few good people who still play it. You're a fool.

Head_slinger
01-01-06, 06:15 PM
yeah but if you cant beat em' join em'.

Dr@Home
01-01-06, 09:38 PM
yeah but if you cant beat em' join em'.I so agree, if its on the banlist! (xmastong)

thomasward00
01-02-06, 03:24 AM
Here we go,

Just like in CSS, i'm gonna tell the admin, Ban Him! what weenies, must be democrats. In case your parents didn't raise you correctly being a snitch is bad, and not very masculine. I don't play CSS anymore not in over 8 months and I won't be going back. And for your information I'm stationed at 29 Palms, I'm in the 11th Armored Division in the Marines, we always play MP games in the computer room on base, and most of the guys who play CSS Hack, most including myself have just gotten back from Iraq, I'll be re-deploying in 3 months, but now since you guys have shown me the error in my ways, I don't know how to live with myself, you guys are real men, sitting in front of your computers playing make belive war and bitching and badtalking the war, while I'm out there defending my county LIKE A MAN. If a ban is in order then so be it, this is my least fav board anyway.

ralinn
01-02-06, 09:01 AM
Hurry, I think it's about shower time thomasward00.

lIqUID
01-02-06, 11:44 AM
What the hell does being in the Armed Services have to do with hacking a computer game, besides NOTHING? Are you looking for a pat on the back and an "oh its OK to hack"

eli
01-02-06, 12:15 PM
Here we go,

Just like in CSS, i'm gonna tell the admin, Ban Him! what weenies, must be democrats. In case your parents didn't raise you correctly being a snitch is bad, and not very masculine. I don't play CSS anymore not in over 8 months and I won't be going back. And for your information I'm stationed at 29 Palms, I'm in the 11th Armored Division in the Marines, we always play MP games in the computer room on base, and most of the guys who play CSS Hack, most including myself have just gotten back from Iraq, I'll be re-deploying in 3 months, but now since you guys have shown me the error in my ways, I don't know how to live with myself, you guys are real men, sitting in front of your computers playing make belive war and bitching and badtalking the war, while I'm out there defending my county LIKE A MAN. If a ban is in order then so be it, this is my least fav board anyway.

I used to be in the British Parachute Regiment, so dont presume to lecture me about being a man buddy. Most of the US soliders i met were poorly trained and ill disiplined, you laugh it up all day, act tough, make like your the best soliders in the universe, but the reality leaves alot to be desired. Quite frankly many are a liability to others as well as themselves.
Listen m8, im not the greatest player at the games i play, but i know were to draw the line concerning hacking, its reserved for boons.

Head_slinger
01-02-06, 12:51 PM
Yeah and i was in Sea Scouts and umm whatever he said ^^^