PDA

View Full Version : Logitech MX700

tonytwotimes
01-13-03, 06:48 PM
I used to have the previous version of the logitech wireless mouse. It was jumpy and I couldn't get the extra side buttons to be recognized in games. Are these problems solved with this new mouse?

netviper13
01-13-03, 07:23 PM
If you want to take the time, use the search feature to find plenty of posts about the MX700; but to answer your question, yes those problems are solved.

|JuiceZ|
01-13-03, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by netviper13
If you want to take the time, use the search feature to find plenty of posts about the MX700; but to answer your question, yes those problems are solved.

ty you netviper13, although I do love the mouse I think I'm gonna freak if I see another MX700 thread :eek2:

StealthHawk
01-13-03, 11:47 PM
well...since this thread got started up anyway, let me ask a new question. does anyone have problems of windows mouse functionality popping up in games? that is, i set the srcoll wheel as a button with a certain in-game function, but sometimes when i press the scroll wheel it does the windows auto scroll thing instead of doing what it should in the game. which means that it's basically useless as a button for me, and i really like its placement :(

anxdiety
01-14-03, 03:15 AM
how about is it possible to use the 2 quick scroll buttons and the tast switching button in game for addition binds?

StealthHawk
01-14-03, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by anxdiety
how about is it possible to use the 2 quick scroll buttons and the tast switching button in game for addition binds?

with the latest MouseWare/drivers from Logitech i haven't been able to use those buttons in games.

Greg
01-15-03, 08:50 AM
Buttons 5-8 dont work in direct input with the current mouse ware. The current method is to map those buttons to keyboard keys (mouse ware doesn't have a great selection to choose from) and bind those keys to game features. Unfortunately even then, some of the buttons dont' behave as expected requiring them to be pressed multiple times, or have the effect of being pressed multiple times. The mx700 is a great mouse, but the mouse ware sux bad. At least it works fine as a 5 button mouse. If you plug it into the USB, the scroll wheel works fine in games, use PS/2 and you will have to use the MS drivers to get it to work.

lagadu
01-15-03, 10:33 AM
check this thread out
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6260
gpk is doing a great work with his util for gamers :D

Riptide
01-16-03, 09:14 AM
I noticed that with mouseware loaded I can't zoom into focus on a selected group of objects/ships in Homeworld.. Previously I could just click the scroll wheel twice and it would focus and then zoom all the way in on the selected objects.

Ideas on how to fix this short of removing mouseware?