PDA

View Full Version : evidence of bf2 hacks?

dandano
01-01-06, 06:01 PM
I am beginning to wonder if the strange graphics anomalies I get while playing bf2 are due to other player's hacks. For instance, during a round, everything will be fine except for one or two players, and when they are in front of me, my field of view looks like broken glass. Turn away from that player, and everything looks fine. This has happened with different drivers and different video settings.

Do you think this could be because those players are using a hack?

danh

nV`andrew
01-01-06, 06:03 PM
possibly... ive been to internet cafes before i had a decent gaming pc, and i would look at people with hacks and their character would look all distorted and wierd...

de><ta
01-01-06, 09:07 PM
Ok, watch this vid of some guy getting his expert knife badge and tell me what you think:

http://download.filefront.com/4521213;bd08c4e7b9e22874b9a52e7796f80e765a2ba42216 0645c08ea977e9154c85f12eb12acfefeba597

The wierd thing I found is that in his first person view, he can see the enemy name tags just the same way you can usually see your team's name tags through buildings etc. This is whilst in the first person mode.

Dont know if this is something to do with the battle recoder but seem wierd.

wnd
01-02-06, 05:24 AM
everything will be fine except for one or two players, and when they are in front of me, my field of view looks like broken glass. Turn away from that player, and everything looks fine. This has happened with different drivers and different video settings.

Did you observe the same thing, say, three times at different occasion with the same player? If not, I'd blame buggy drivers, overheating GPU or broken GPU RAM. I used to have similar problem _with Radeon 9700 with UT2004 under Linux at some point; reloading the models (== reconnecting to the server) always solved the problem. Well, at least until GPU RAM blew out completely (http://iki.fi/wnd/t/radeon/). Before that I only had some geometry problems.

Talking of issues with graphics, am I the only one to see player shadows where they are not supposed to be? After installing patch 1.12 (and purchasing SF) I started noticing shadows of players clearly on floors above me (especially on that SAS vs. insurgent map, "Surge"?). To me, it's more an annoyance than an advantage. I also experience more glitches with dynamic lighting on that map than anywhere else. Maybe the map is just b0rken.

lumpyhed
01-02-06, 03:09 PM
Talking of issues with graphics, am I the only one to see player shadows where they are not supposed to be? After installing patch 1.12 (and purchasing SF) I started noticing shadows of players clearly on floors above me.

Thats totally normal for that technique of shadow (forget the term) its on the BF42 & HL2 engine as well.

dandano
01-02-06, 03:12 PM
Yes, I saw this with one player in particular, POOfinger, in at least three different locations, both in and out of vehicles. Interestingly, that same player also occaisionally didn't cause the "broken glass", but when I could actually see him, the colors of his uniform were shades of bright blue.

But everyone else looked normal.

danh

$n][pErMan
01-02-06, 03:43 PM
There is a surprise .. script kiddies cheating on a game.... :(

Dazz
01-02-06, 05:12 PM
I have came across a few people one guy while standing still taking two shotgun shells at point blank range in the head and the same person taking 5 direct hits in a T90 V T90 fight and the tank still did not blow up?!?! It's also funny you should go on about tearing with black lines as i never get them in SP but on some maps with certin people it happens.

sonaboy
01-05-06, 11:50 AM

i'm pretty sure there's also a speed hack going around - on Wake Island 2007 i watched a guy drive a boat from the island all the way to the chinese artillary in about 10 seconds, and he did it twice.

the server wasn't choppy or buggy, all the play was pretty smooth, so it wasn't a "warp" kinda thing..he just jumped in and blasted off.

wnd
01-05-06, 12:02 PM
i'm pretty sure there's also a speed hack going around - on Wake Island 2007 i watched a guy drive a boat from the island all the way to the chinese artillary in about 10 seconds, and he did it twice.

Thinking the way choppers behave near trees and other obstacles (at some occasions chopper just warps its width/length to some direction) that sounds possible, but somewhat exaggerated. Maybe this feature can be abused. Oh yeah that same happens when a bunch of people rush towards the same spot as a tight group.

J-Mag
01-05-06, 12:40 PM
Thinking the way choppers behave near trees and other obstacles (at some occasions chopper just warps its width/length to some direction) that sounds possible, but somewhat exaggerated. Maybe this feature can be abused. Oh yeah that same happens when a bunch of people rush towards the same spot as a tight group.

lol @ feature

That's definately my favorite way to describe a bug too ;)

$n][pErMan
01-05-06, 08:46 PM
Just like the stuttering on the warlord map is a feature of the game to make it harder.... :\

Sgt_Pitt
01-05-06, 11:44 PM
I have no doubt people use hacks in BF2, but alot of strange anyomalies are most likely due to BF2's buggy half tuned engine

wnd
01-06-06, 05:41 AM
[pErMan']Just like the stuttering on the warlord map is a feature of the game to make it harder.... :\

Warlord? Which one is that? I only get stuttering on two maps (both are Spetsnaz vs. Rebels), and only if I'm flying chopper as a pilot; everything is fine I play gunner.

$n][pErMan
01-06-06, 10:05 AM
Warlord? Which one is that? I only get stuttering on two maps (both are Spetsnaz vs. Rebels), and only if I'm flying chopper as a pilot; everything is fine I play gunner.
The one with the palace at the back of the map... its Insugents Vs. SAS.

wnd
01-06-06, 11:40 AM
[pErMan'][Warlord] The one with the palace at the back of the map... its Insugents Vs. SAS.

Nope, can't remember issues (except for the shadows and dynamic lighting) with that map.

$n][pErMan
01-06-06, 10:35 PM
Nope, can't remember issues (except for the shadows and dynamic lighting) with that map.
wierd. Its the only map that makes me stutter like a b!tch. Its almost unplayable... and no matter what server im in either. Plus a ton of people complain aswell about it. I think I read somewhere the polygon count is very high and EA is working to reduce that on that map. If you have a 7800GTX that might be why you have little or no issues on it.... not sure.

de><ta
01-07-06, 03:52 AM
Yeah Warlord is okay for me. The only time it stutters like hell is when I am playing inside the palace. Apart from that its playable @ 40 fps.

wnd
01-07-06, 04:14 AM
As an update, Surge (if that's the one with with ICBM and Spetsnaz vs. Rebels) no longer stutters. Yet atnother case if Stupid User Error(tm); all I had to do was to reduce "Effects" from high to medium... Having 7800GT and 2 GB of RAM probably helps.