PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell 4 (PSP pics?)

Mr. Hunt
01-02-06, 02:39 PM
Well I found this out completely by accident and they say it is PSP, and it looks amazing for a handheld game...

Here for the pictures. (http://plataforma.meristation.com/foros/viewtopic.php?t=470385&m=)

Hopefully the game looks this good when it comes out, because I would love a good handheld SC game.

EDIT: And I saved the pictures, so if you can't access the site for some reason, let me know and then I will upload them to imageshack.

jAkUp
01-02-06, 02:47 PM
Wow that looks very good :D Notice the last pic, he looks like hitman! :D

Mr. Hunt
01-02-06, 02:51 PM
Yeah... when I first saw them I didn't think it could be on the PSP... but then I looked closer and on the last pic his head is somewhat... boxy... too boxy for the Xbox or PC, I would say... but right around where a PSP could do (IMHO).

Still looks too good to be true to me, can't freaking wait and I can only hope we get some COOP... :drooling:

jAkUp
01-02-06, 02:58 PM
Notice the last pic, the textures on the box are pretty blurry... you can tell its a PSP game, but it still looks amazing :) I would love to play this on the road.

Edge
01-02-06, 03:07 PM
Yeah, it's not quite as good as the console Splinter Cell games, but still pretty nice. It doesn't look like it uses the same lighting/shadowing system though, which is a pretty big disapointment.

Slybri
01-03-06, 03:20 PM
Yeah, It's Splinter Cell: Essentials for the PSP. Supposedly it's a prequel story about the origins of Sam Fisher and ties in with the next console release's story, where he's a double agent.
I might get this one if there's a decent Multiplayer. Infrastructure, hopefully.
The ports of PS2 games to the psp look pretty good and keep getting better graphics wise. Can't fit too many detailed textures on that lil UMD though, but it looks good enough. Problem with the PSP is the controls always suck. And Splinter Cell needs a good control scheme.
I've been playing SOCOM on the PSP and the target lock aiming makes it way to easy. See bad guy, hit button, no more bad guy. No fun really. But the multiplayer is pretty good.

|MaguS|
01-03-06, 03:30 PM
I don't think all PSP games have poor controls, I mean Prince of Persia has great controls, almost as good as the console versions and all the driving games play perfect. If they make a decent scheme then we wont have nothing to worry about.

Mr. Hunt
01-03-06, 03:33 PM
Seems like it is most ubisoft doing a great job with the PSP visuals... Revelations looks quite good for a handheld, and I just saw a clip of King Kong on the PSP, and it looks amazing for a handheld also... now the new splinter cell... I am going to die :\.

|MaguS|
01-03-06, 03:36 PM
Yeah POP looks great but man it has the worse sound ever. Im talking about 10 second delays on audio if any actually plays. Sometimes you miss complete story dialog, just horrid. Atleast the gameplay is 100% intact.

toxikneedle
01-03-06, 04:43 PM
I wonder why the menu styles (inventory, gun, health) are in the style of Splinter Cell, and Pandora Tomorrow.... chaos theory used a newer style.

Knot3D
01-04-06, 01:59 PM
There might be some realtime lightsources, but i can't see any evidence of realtime shadowing in those pics.

Still, nothing beats Metal Gear Solid : Ghost Bable on GBA. I wonder if this
PSP SC will be able to best it. (mikec)

GamerGuyX
01-04-06, 04:08 PM
Still, nothing beats Metal Gear Solid : Ghost Bable on GBA. I wonder if this
PSP SC will be able to best it. (mikec)

Best it in terms of what? :eek2:

Knot3D
01-04-06, 04:40 PM
Just , pure gaming fun i mean.

I bought it when the GBA was already about a year on the market. I was suprised such an 8 bit GB color version of MGS translated so well to such
modest form.

well...Metal Gear started 2D 8bits graphics... so...Anyway...a goodlooking
SC on PSP is step 1. Step 2 is , it being an actually fun game to play.... and we know how that can be a whole different matter.

Mr. Hunt
01-21-06, 02:05 PM
More...

Yay! (http://www.pro-g.co.uk/media/1276/)

Looking better and better.

Knot3D
01-21-06, 03:27 PM
I'm dowloading 1upshow episode atm which is supposed to contain some ingame footage...big 359mb file is dl'ing slowly at 60k/sec ...

edit ; just watched it. Looked good :) Kind of like PT graphics on PS2. The realtime lighting is definately in there and the framerate looked pretty nice as well. 1Up reported it plays well, but they think PSP really could use 2 analogue sticks for games as SC : Essentials.